Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Never understand this hatred of sky. They show all the games, give you redzone during the season, have Cecil and jeff, and very rarely make a mistake.

Have you seen other uk channels try to broadcast the Nfl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Never understand this hatred of sky. They show all the games, give you redzone during the season, have Cecil and jeff, and very rarely make a mistake.

Yeah have to agree with you there, more than likely it wasn't there fault the feed went down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Anyone for Martin Johnson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Justin Smith really makes a huge difference to this defence. He's clearly still too injured. CK7 not getting it done isn't helping either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,711 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I agree there should be better protection.

Too right. If the NFL have a policy that those guys "have to" face the crowd at all times then that is a disgrace. I don't know what the rule is. If it's not a rule, then that guy was very much "asleep at the wheel" so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Really sorry I got rid of Gamepass with all this Sky bs.

Over the course of the season this was probably the best year for a pats fan to give up gamepass.

Besides playoffs are blacked out, right?

walshb wrote: »
    Too right. If the NFL have a policy that those guys "have to" face the crowd at all times then that is a disgrace. I don't know what the rule is. If it's not a rule, then that guy was very much "asleep at the wheel" so to speak.
    It would be a stadium rule more than likely, crowd safety etc!

walshb wrote: »

It's more likely a Falcons policy than anything else. No point in having security that's just watching the game either!

Jesus that took them all week to take him down. Poor tackling there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Now it's a game. Don't know why they didn't start the game out of the pistol.

• Advertisement

Now the 49ers need a Stevie Brown in the backfield. I hope this gets close quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Good running there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Anyone see the Ravens winning tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

DyldeBrill wrote: »

I do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,711 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jeez, if ever SF needed a score it was there. Game on hopefully.

Why couldn't they? I for one, am finding it too close to call either way

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I do

Backed them there on betfair so lets hope they do!

Yep but it's unlikely. Las Vegas thinks its 10 points. I think it'll be close until Tom Brady gets into full rythym in the no huddle in the 4th. I think it'll open up for the Pats then.

Iupati getting beat again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Was such a big LaMichael James fan coming out of college. Great to see him getting proper playing time.

Davies really coming into it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I have nothing even against Sky as an entity and even though the 35€ a month it costs for the sports package (without knocking reductions out of them) smarts it offers plenty of value especially since they absorbed ESPN into the package. The analysis is very bland, even if Kevin's clear apathy to the vast majority of occurances is fun.

I like Cecil a lot as a man but he's prone to niceties and always has struck me as perhaps too classsy to be a pundit. He hates saying anything negative about a player or a team.

Jeff only is available for the play-offs because of his job but he's awesome when he is there. Neil is a decent guy but Nick had a bit more of an edge to him. Certainly prefer them to ads, but nothing comes close to late night Mike.

One wonders why Sky don't get Mike involved again, clearly C4 aren't stopping him contributing to MNF on BBC or their Superbowl coverage every year.

Anyways, back to the game. It's starting to feel like last week's game at the Georgia Dome at double speed.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Was such a big LaMichael James fan coming out of college. Great to see him getting proper playing time.

Yeah you wanted Reese to take him in the 2nd IIRC.

What a run!

This is the championship game and they didnt even talk about the game there. Just random stupid questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Game on now anyway, 17-14 and all of a sudden we have a second half on a knife edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We have a game on our hands boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Two impressive drives and TD's now by SF, they could run riot from here if they stop Atlanta again next drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Deja Vu of last week. Only difference is I cant see the Falcons scraping thru on this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Davis turned on the beast mode.

• Advertisement

Well now.

That was very easy!

Struck me Kaepernick shouting at Davies "Thats how you play"...doesn't sit with me for some reason, not like your a vet QB talking to a rookie!!

He is the leader of the offence. Davis has been poor since he has taken over.

kmart6 wrote: »
    That was very easy!

Struck me Kaepernick shouting at Davies "Thats how you play"...doesn't sit with me for some reason, not like your a vet QB talking to a rookie!!

He has to try and be a leader. It's good to see him being so vocal. Although it doesn't look right.

That was very easy!

just pumping him up. Nothing derogatory in it.

He wasnt really being made part of the offense! Big difference between that and being poor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That was very easy!

Do you just not like young qbs or something!? :P

Masked Man wrote: »
    Do you just not like young qbs or something!? :P
    Haha not at all, just seemed strange or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

That was very easy!

If your QB wasn't showing any passion like that you would worry about the guy who should be leading you.

This is too easy for Matt Ryan.

TO. wrote: »
    If your QB wasn't showing any passion like that you would worry about the guy who should be leading you.
    True, but I don't think I'd want Luck running up to Reggie and telling him that's how you play....I'm sure most vets responses would be I know how to ****ing play!

Just struck me as odd, not looking to make it an issue!

• Advertisement

If Justin Smith is 100% this isn't happening. This defence is looking very average ATM.

This is too easy for Matt Ryan.

no pass rush by either team right now

Yes! Delighted Tony got that!

That was very easy!

Based on that primary school letter he wrote he's not short on confidence. Probably one of the best comparisons is Cam Newton, not just in his dual threat ability but in his swagger. Whereas the Panthers need that swagger 49ers already have that x factor. It's always better for your QB to be confident anyways.

Clearly Knaepernick is on his way to being a star, though. This calendar year looks like being the year of the dual threat.

The Falcons' passing attack is finally paying post-season dividends. At the very least the ghosts of the Michael Vick era have been fully put to bed in Hotlanta.

T.G.!

True, but I don't think I'd want Luck running up to Reggie and telling him that's how you play....I'm sure most vets responses would be I know how to ****ing play!

No they wouldnt. Your making it out like he was having a pop at Davis he wasnt he was just pumped up and geeing up the troops. Maybe listen to some of the miked up stuff before throwing out something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Fitting for Tony in his last home game. Ryan has been outrageous in this first half

spiralism wrote: »
    Fitting for Tony in his last home game. Ryan has been outrageous in this first half

Eh? It's possible he'll retire but it's in no way a sure thing. The way he's been talking about it he's leaving it open for a return, particularly if the Falcons' come close this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Not an issue at all. But it really depends on the QB doing the shouting. Wilson and Kaepernick would be two examples of guys who have already earned respect on their teams so they would get away with the auld passionate outburst. Most of the vets probably would respond positively to it.

Now had Kaepernick being a moany sh1t QB and he did that it would most likely rub the vet the wrong way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Syferus wrote: »
    Eh? It's possible he'll retire but it's in no way a sure thing. The way he's been talking about it he's leaving it open for a return, particularly if the Falcons' come close this year.
    Well he has said himself that this is his last year, so i'd imagine that he's planned his retirement.

He said he's 95% certain to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that was some first half. Plenty of run D but no pass D.

I like the chances of the winner of the other game in the Superbowl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement