Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Syferus wrote: »
    Classy stuff by Samuel, great way to show respect for your ex-team-mate. Football doesn't need that sort of crap.
    Missed that....what happened?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Classy stuff by Samuel, great way to show respect for your ex-team-mate. Football doesn't need that sort of crap.

Was that after or before the kick? I thought it was before the play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Its not about respect its about being professional. Samuels got in his head. Id call that good play TBH if a few words can put you off as a kicker you shouldnt be in the league.

davyjose wrote: »

before. Whats the problem with that. If you cant take some trash talking GTFO of the league

niners ball. Bam

Jesus Ryan!!!!

spiralism wrote: »
    getoutofjail.jpeg
    Revoked!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Ryan now in full **** himself mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

49'ers turnover, chance for Akers to break the record?

D3PO wrote: »
    before. Whats the problem with that. If you cant take some trash talking GTFO of the league

I agree with you if it was before. If it had been after the miss that would've been a bit jerky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

ah jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Before it. I think that's worse actually, trying to get in a kicker's face like that before the play. Samuel knows full well Akers' existence in the league is now tenious at best so on all levels jawing at him like that is deplorable. Let him sink or swim himself, but don't pile on him. Have an ounce of respect for your fellow players and an ex-team-mate.

Win at all cost, no matter how small you appear. Class seems to be an underrated quality on the field these days.

What a fcuking stupid penalty!!!

huge penalty. all the momentuem with the niners

Before it. I think that's worse actually, trying to get in a kicker's face like that before the play. Samuel knows full well Akers' existence in the league is now tenious at best so on all levels jawing at him like that is deplorable. Let him sink or swim himself, but don't pile on him. Have an ounce of respect for your fellow players and an ex-team-mate.

Win at all cost, no matter how small you appear. Class seems to be an underrated quality on the field these days.

Nope. Disagree. You're out there to win the game at any cost within the rules. As D3 says if you can't take trash talking, go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

How is that roughing the passer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kmart6 wrote: »
    What a fcuking stupid penalty!!!

Utterly ridiculous

What happened to the least penalised, solid team that doesnt make mistakes?

Oh right, it's the playoffs.

No room for sentiment in the NFL. I couldnt care less if an ex team mate who is a multi millionare loses his job as a kicker. Ive a job to do and thats to win.

Im gonna do it anyway possible. Respect , class ? Have you ever been at the bottom of a pile ? Its always win at all costs.

Its no different in the IAFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I have not watched Sky in a long time but this is horrible, they dont talk about the game, answering just stupid questions. Comparing this 49ers D to the Ravens super bowl D.

No wonder C4 is considered so much better.

Pathetic Atlanta. Waving the white flag with this crap. Can't expect any respect as a legit team if they don't pull it out today

Almost within field goal range :D

People bitching about Sky is far more annoying than the actual coverage.

that was nice by crabtree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

What an outstanding play. Game of inches indeed!

Pathetic Atlanta. Waving the white flag with this crap. Can't expect any respect as a legit team if they don't pull it out today
    No white flag there!!!

• Advertisement

Nope. Disagree. You're out there to win the game at any cost within the rules. As D3 says if you can't take trash talking, go home.

The players I rate the highest of all are the ones that win without selling themselves short in the process. A classless victory is still a victory but it's not something that can ever be celebrated in same way winning with dignity is.

Akers was bad enough to begin with it's hardly like Samuel needed to be trying to be an on-field Jeremy Kyle trying get into his head. Let the occasion do that.

It's pointless in my eyes because just like icing kickers it's in the main pointless in terms of effecting the end result but makes you as the initiator look very, very small.

Oh my God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Wow big turnover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

anyone have a link for a stream??

Savage game of football

• Advertisement

****ing mental!!

Big turnover !!

Question for you Syferus whats the difference between Samuels trash talking to put Akers off and Harbaugh taking a time out to ice him ?

IMO they are the same both designed to do the same thing. Icing the kicker has never been seen as classless so why is what Samuels did any different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Masked Man wrote: »
    People bitching about Sky is far more annoying than the actual coverage.

that was nice by crabtree.

There is no coverage of the game.

The players I rate the highest of all are the ones that win without selling themselves short in the process. A classless victory is still a victory but it's not something that can ever be celebrated in same way winning with dignity is.

Akers was bad enough to begin with it's hardly like Samuel needed to be trying to be an on-field Jeremy Kyle trying get into his head. Let the occasion do that.

It's pointless in my eyes because just like icing kickers it's in the main pointless in terms of effecting the end result but makes you as the initiator look very, very small.

seriously this isnt tiddly winks. Its a mans game if you cant take some gamesmanship then you have no place in the league.

Big turnover !!

Question for you Syferus whats the difference between Samuels trash talking to put Akers off and Harbaugh taking a time out to ice him ?

IMO they are the same both designed to do the same thing. Icing the kicker has never been seen as classless so why is what Samuels did any different

It's absolutely no different, as I did say before. The coach looks just as small in that situation, indeed they also look very stupid in a lot of cases because half the time they give the kicker a free shot to judge the range.

Think you're being a little naive. You think they're having friendly chats at the line of scrimmage.?

Worst part of that turnover is that the niners were almost in David Akers range..

srumball wrote: »
    anyone have a link for a stream??
    I always watch games from the first row...hint hint! Against the rules to post streams!

Good D from San Fran!

Think you're being a little naive. You think they're having friendly chats at the line of scrimmage.?

Kicking is a very different act to most others in the sport, even the QB gets a chance to make amends, but that's really a moot point in this case.

Jawing is one thing but jumping up and down in the face of an ex-team-mate who is already playing badly is a pretty freaking low ebb for any man to sink to.

• Advertisement

Knew well they'd end up punting out of the endzone there

Worst part of that turnover is that the niners were almost in David Akers range..

That joke wasn't funny when I made it on the previous page. Must be how you tell em.

It's absolutely no different, as I did say before. The coach looks just as small in that situation, indeed they also look very stupid in most cases because half the time they give the kicker a free shot to judge the range.

So then you think that no coach in the NFL has any class as they have all iced a kicker at some stage (or would do so if they were in that position)

so who exactly do you have respect for ?

Kickers that feint being hit for a roughing the kicker penalty ? QB's that do the same for soft roughing the passer penalties ?

Who exactly out of interest

Kicking is a very different act to most others in the sport, even the QB gets a chance to make amends, but that's really a moot point in this case.

Jawing is one thing but jumping up and down in the face of an ex-team-mate who is already playing badly is a pretty freaking low ebb for any man to sink to.

Couldn't disagree more. You can't draw a line and decide what's acceptable trash-talk, and what's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A quick glance ahead
    Ravens Inactives: CB Asa Jackson, OL Ramon Harewood, DL DeAngelo Tyson, DT Bryan Hall, S Omar Brown, LB Adrian Hamilton, WR Deonte Thompson

Pats Inactives: DB M. Williams, OL Nick McDonald, OL Markus Zusevics, DL Jake Bequette, WR Kamar Aiken, DB Derrick Martin, DL Marcus Forston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

You probably have me on ignore because you can't debate the technical side but you have never played a team sport in your life have you? Even down to amatuer sports that are considered the major sports here smack talking goes on. It is considering part and parcel of every sport.

Those who are weak or show weakness to it are generally those who don't last. Being able to handle it and deal with the pressure is key for any player in a sport. If you can't take smack talking you shouldn't be kicking in the first place in a Pro League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

mikemac1 wrote: »
    A quick glance ahead

Quick question mike, and the rest of the Ravens posse. I see Thompson and Jackson are both inactive. Couple of guys I liked coming out of college but have neglected to keep tabs on, have they seen any game time this year?

This is one of those games that comes down to who has it last.

So then you think that no coach in the NFL has any class as they have all iced a kicker at some stage (or would do so if they were in that position)

so who exactly do you have respect for ?

Kickers that feint being hit for a roughing the kicker penalty ? QB's that do the same for soft roughing the passer penalties ?

Who exactly out of interest

In that moment they have no class. That doesn't mean they don't have in other aspects of the game or in their own lives.

All of what you mentioned is classless to one degree or another, but that's the over-arching problem, too many times sport lets decent people make fools of themselves in vain attempts to gain an edge.

It's something that will never be fully removed from sport but to just accept it as is isn't a tenable approach in my eyes.

• Advertisement

Congrats Atlanta, you have done it again.

Advertisement