Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

TO. wrote: »
    You probably have me on ignore because you can't debate the technical side but you have never played a team sport in your life have you? Even down to amatuer sports that are considered the major sports here smack talking goes on. It is considering part and parcel of every sport.

Those who are weak or show weakness to it are generally those who don't last. Being able to handle it and deal with the pressure is key for any player in a sport. If you can't take smack talking you shouldn't be kicking in the first place in a Pro League.

Forget other sports TO you and me have both played American Football and can both reflect on real life experience.

Those that can only rely on Madden Football would have a different view as the trash talk option isnt available. :rolleyes:

Ive been poked in the eye have had my throat pulled and facemask yanked fighting for the football at the bottom of a pile but thats football. Id be dissapointed if that wasnt happening TBH. Do what it takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

SF are destroying Atlanta on the same play over and over again. They someone to cover that inside gap between the DT and DE on the right hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

ATL TD, SF TD, ATL TD would be my preferred end..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Syferus wrote: »
    In that moment they have no class. That doesn't mean they don't have in other aspects of the game or in their own lives.

All of what you mentioned is classless to one degree or another, but that's the over-arching problem, too many times sport lets decent people make fools of themselves in vain attempts to gain an edge.

It's something that will never be fully removed from sport but to just accept it as is isn't a tenable approach in my eyes.

The morality stance from you his hilarious. Every time there is talk of sports and something even like thrash talking and you get very sensitive. Pro sports are not a walk in fairyland. They are were the real men have worked hard to get to. Id say every single one of them have thrashed talked at some point.

Linemen go back and forward all night smack talking each other no matter what down or score. Anyone who plays in the Pros should be used to it. Anyone who plays sport should be used to it. Most take it on board and drop it a millisecond later and laugh it off. Words are cheap, Actions are louder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

You probably have me on ignore because you can't debate the technical side but you have never played a team sport in your life have you? Even down to amatuer sports that are considered the major sports here smack talking goes on. It is considering part and parcel of every sport.

Those who are weak or show weakness to it are generally those who don't last. Being able to handle it and deal with the pressure is key for any player in a sport. If you can't take smack talking you shouldn't be kicking in the first place in a Pro League.

I just wasn't reading any posts other than JaMarcus' because that was who I was talking to and I zoned out the rest. I only saw them for the first time after I looked back and this game had begun. No point in responding three pages later. I have never put anyone on ignore.

I don't respond to you other times because I know you well enough on these forums that it will end up being an exercise in circling the drain because I'm in no mood to be generous to someone who starts off posts with personal insults and you're in no mood to not be hyper-critical to the point of self-parody, particularly when talking to me.

To suggest I never played any sports because I value integrity is perhaps your most ridiculous moment yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Quick question mike, and the rest of the Ravens posse. I see Thompson and Jackson are both inactive. Couple of guys I liked coming out of college but have neglected to keep tabs on, have they seen any game time this year?

Deonte Thompson is probably the fastest player on the Ravens roster!

Came into training camp as an UDFA and won himself a roster spot.
    Same some action early in the season and started the season as kick returner.
    But a fumble in Week 5 cost him that job and Jacoby Jones took over as returner and became a probowler

Thompson saw some snaps in Week 17 in a meaningless game in Cinci, 5 catches for 26 yards.

He's seen as a deep threat and had a 51 yd catch early in the season.
    But raw, he'll see more snaps next season.

Asa Jackson was a beast on special teams in pre-season and got his roster spot.
    Inactive pretty much every week though as Cory Graham has been a great signing from Chicago and is now a fan favourite.

And then Jackson was suspended for 4 weeks in December over drug use which doesn't help if you're a fringe player

He'll cement a roster spot next year I think and have a chance, there will be a few defensive backs who won't be returning

The morality stance from you his hilarious. Every time there is talk of sports and something even like thrash talking and you get very sensitive. Pro sports are not a walk in fairyland. They are were the real men have worked hard to get to. Id say every single one of them have thrashed talked at some point.

Linemen go back and forward all night smack talking each other no matter what down or score. Anyone who plays in the Pros should be used to it. Anyone who plays sport should be used to it. Most take it on board and drop it a millisecond later and laugh it off. Words are cheap, Actions are louder.

exactly the class is they have the respect to shake hands at the end of it.

As Bill has posted in the Pats dressing room on a sheet of paper.

DO YOUR JOB

all part of the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

This is close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Should've ran that in. Terrible catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Tight call. Probably completion as he looked to have his hand under it.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Didn't seem like the best of throws!

kmart6 wrote: »
    This is close

that gets reversed IMO

Yea fell over himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Incomplete imo.

It bobbled, but it looked like his hand was under it.. Ref would do well to get out of Fulton County if he overturns this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea fell over himself

Could be one of the most costly slips in recent history i'd say

Wow Harbaugh lost it

Didn't seem like the best of throws!

Was perfectly catchable. He stumbled.

Nice one. That could easily have been overturned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Harbaugh is the anti-Belichick. He's like Martin O'Neill on the sidelines, so bloody animated!

Correct call, more his body moved than his hand and ball...if that makes sense!

• Advertisement

Wow Harbaugh lost it

Very funny. The lip read on YouTube of I want cake springs to mind

A 5'5 RB carrying a DT on his back

Don't want to score too quickly here!

Correct call, more his body moved than his hand and ball...if that makes sense!

I think I let the fact i backed the niners off scratch influenced my opinion :pac::pac:

rabble rabble rabble

To suggest I never played any sports because I value integrity is perhaps your most ridiculous moment yet.

Show me were I said you never played any sport because you valued integrity. I never said that at all. But hey you keep making things up.

Take it to the two. Atlanta want to be very careful here, don't want the niners getting it back with a long time left but they have to get a TD and are known for RZ shakiness

Show me were I said you never played any sport because you valued integrity. I never said that at all. But hey you keep making things up.

Since were on morals I think its morally reprehensible that a team would kneel out a game. Thats just not fair, play for 60 minutes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't want to score too quickly here!

Just score. No point in thinking about the D

heres the ballgame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I suppose that wasn't clear enough, eh TO? Keep fighting that semantic battle of your's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

D3PO wrote: »
    Since were on morals I think its morally reprehensible that a team would kneel out a game. Thats just not fair, play for 60 minutes :pac:
    I do it in Madden when playing friends. Its the ultimate FU

SantryRed wrote: »
    Just score. No point in thinking about the D
    Well now it's just score, or at least the 1st!

That's it.

Ah fcuk!! Coulda been a flag in that!

Matt Ryan is no Eli that's for sure. :p

• Advertisement

D3PO wrote: »

but given ive backed the niners its ok in this one game :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Unreal. 18 years waiting!

Come on lets see a Harbaugh bowl!

88 was open in the end zone. Woulda been some fairy tale.

88 was open in the end zone. Woulda been some fairy tale.

Well, that's playoff Matt Ryan for you.

• Advertisement

Feel for Tony!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Come on lets see a Harbaugh bowl!

Pats - niners is the game I wanna see. Would be a classic.

Seriously why take Delay of Game?? Just run it up the middle stop fiddling around.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Why are the49ers just not kneeling on it? Surely not enough time left

Timeouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Stev_o wrote: »
    Seriously why take Delay of Game?? Just run it up the middle stop fiddling around.

Because there could of been a mis match leading to a clean hit, possible fumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

You've got to punt this out of bounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Falcons could get one more chance.

15 seconds to win it. Probably quick one to get yards and then the hail mary.

I suppose that wasn't clear enough, eh TO? Keep fighting that semantic battle of your's.

You are clearly trying to pull something out of your arse. Stop being so sensitive.
    but you have never played a team sport in your life have you? Even down to amatuer sports that are considered the major sports here smack talking goes on. It is considering part and parcel of every sport.

Lets unbold part of what you put in bold and now look at what I said. You have never played sports HAVE YOU? I don't believe you have but I asked it as a question. Plenty of chances for you to say yes you have. But I never challenged your integrity. The second part you bolded never mentioned you. So show me again were I said I don't believe you have played sports because of value for integrity.

As for playing a semantic battle. Get a grip. You clearly just want to make every attempt and issue to draw out a problem that isn't there so you can then report me like you do and cry to mods.

Timeouts

Yea sorry didn't realise they'd have 10 seconds left

• Advertisement
Advertisement