Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Man our special teams is killing it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Normally injured Pats players don't attend the game at all. I guess they made an exception because its the championship game.

as in they're not allowed?

:D

Sigmund Bloom @SigmundBloom
    "Ninkovich" is Serbian for "Vrabel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Man our special teams is killing it so far.

Quite the change from last week!

Great field position here and hopefully can get another score on the board before the half, would be a nice bit of breathing space before the half with them getting the ball back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Sky fancy doing bit of game analysis at some point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Brady avoided getting smacked there by running at the ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Good blocking from the official there.

This is upsetting as far as i'm concerned. We'd definitely be hanging around this game at the very least had we not kacked the trousers last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

spiralism wrote: »
    as in they're not allowed?
    Exactly, your not healthy, you don't turn up on the sideline on street clothes

That was pretty obvious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Could you blame the ref? Brady is like Usain Bolt with the ball in hand.

Good run by Woodhead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Pats looking really good on offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

That was very very pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

That's fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Class, whoever called that BB or TB.

Exactly, your not healthy, you don't turn up on the sideline on street clothes

That sort of **** is why people don't like the pats... I mean, they're on the staff and they contribute, yet there's some "Patriot Way" nonsense that means they may well **** off and watch the team they play for on telly at home?

Hernandez maybe should have stepped out of bounds there.

Hernandez maybe should have stepped out of bounds there.
    No need, have timeouts!

That is pathetic clock management, my God. Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb would be proud.

• Advertisement

Brady with a dangerous slide

Very dangerous on 2nd viewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Decidedly un-Bradylike end to this drive.

kmart6 wrote: »
    No need, have timeouts!

Well that would have saved one.

That slide was a bit dirty IMO, no need to have his foot/leg stuck out there and hitting Reed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

That sort of **** is why people don't like the pats... I mean, they're on the staff and they contribute, yet there's some "Patriot Way" nonsense that means they may well **** off and watch the team they play for on telly at home?

Oh **** off with your sensationalist nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

bradyref.gif

• Advertisement

That was rather odd. FG not the worst for Baltimore, still one score in it.

Brady kicked up there.

Protecting himself, but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

This is the kind of response that fans of other teams use to justify their dislike for patriots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tom's been watching too many San Francisco games.

TO. wrote: »
    Oh **** off with your sensationalist nonsense.
    Ah come on, in fairness it is nonsense that members of the team can't attend a game if injured....if that is the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

How do we go from that beautiful Woodhead play to that piss poor clock management.

This is upsetting as far as i'm concerned. We'd definitely be hanging around this game at the very least had we not kacked the trousers last week

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Two teams playing here tonight beat you. Deal with it.

rayterminated.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Brady kicked up there.

Looked to me like there was a bit of needle in that. Brady can be a dick, on the field. But you don't get that good being a nice guy.

Brady kicked up there.

Protecting himself :rolleyes: yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Bit of a lapse by Brady there.

That is pathetic clock management, my God. Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb would be proud.

A TD there and it's game over. Still heavily in the Pats favour, but there's still a game in it.

Ah come on, in fairness it is nonsense that members of the team can't attend a game if injured....if that is the case!

No one said they can't attend the game. They can't be on the sideline. There is a difference. But so what if the Pats have their own rules for players. Players sign contracts and follow rules. Have you ever heard a player come out and complain about it? No you haven't. Getting all royaled up calling the organisation names to show of ones hatred for the Pats is stupid at best.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Protecting himself :rolleyes: yea
    He was protecting himself. Im not sure why you have the rolleyes.

It was dangerous stuff, and could have injured himself, or Ed Reed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Haha Brady trying to get a slice of Reed. Fair play to him. he couldn't of injured himself though. Reed wouldn't even feel anything small like that. Mountains out of molehills imo

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Two teams playing here tonight beat you. Deal with it.

Meh, all due respect but week 5 meant the square root of **** all ultimately.
    Im not arguing it, we deserved what we got. It just sucks :(

• Advertisement

No one said they can't attend the game. They can't be on the sideline. There is a difference. But so what if the Pats have their own rules for players. Players sign contracts and follow rules. Have you ever heard a player come out and complain about it? No you haven't. Getting all royaled up calling the organisation names to show of ones hatred for the Pats is stupid at best.
    There we have it folks....us against the world mentality again!

I would say it was ridiculous no matter what team it was so get over it, and your belief that everyone hates the Patriots!

Haha Brady trying to get a slice of Reed. Fair play to him. he couldn't of injured himself though. Reed wouldn't even feel anything small like that. Mountains out of molehills imo
    He shouldn't have been in a position to injure Reed though

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

How long is half time usually

I know I'm only watching football about 5 years but I can't ever remember seeing a QB slide like that. IMO he left the leg to hurt someone.

If you can show me a Brady slide where he did that previously I'll take back my scepticism.

There we have it folks....us against the world mentality again!

I would say it was ridiculous no matter what team it was so get over it, and your belief that everyone hates the Patriots!

Oh **** off with that nonsense already. You seem to be quick enough to bring up the world against us thing every fooking time. Grow up. You bring up a point it gets answered and straight away to take a dig. If you don't like what Pats fans have to say when you rip into their team leave the thread or put us all on ignore.

Edit: Here is something for you and spiralism. If you dont want to here from a Pats fan don't pick on random ****e and have a go. Problem solved.

The slide is there to protect him. Raising the leg -- unnecessary and dangerous. Simple as.

How long is half time usually

For the super bowl, you should be able to get a nap in. Maybe finish that thesis you've been working on. Every other game of the season, about 15-20 mins.

It's not an everyone against the Pats mentality. I don't like them but generally don't care about them 90% of the time they're playing. If any team did things like that or cutting underwood on the night before the superbowl i'd think it was kinda dickish - i'll call any team out on it. Id wager that most other non-pats fans feel the same. No need for Pats fans to be the NFL equivalent of Liverpool fans looking left and right for something to offend them.

It's not an everyone against the Pats mentality. I don't like them but generally don't care about them 90% of the time they're playing. If any team did things like that or cutting underwood on the night before the superbowl i'd think it was kinda dickish. Id wager that most other non-pats fans feel the same. No need for Pats fans to be the NFL equivalent of Liverpool fans looking left and right for something to offend them.

Looking to offend two fanbases now. Don't get the Liverpool analogy though.

• Advertisement

It's a stupid rule though. We're all here to comment on the game.

Advertisement