Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic drive. About time Caldwell mixed things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Oh Joe, too.

For such an inconsistent QB Flacco is surprisingly clutch in the playoffs. A win here would be worth millions to Flacco on his new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The D just looked terrible there. Gotta get a td straight back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Ravens are pretty much 3 and out or TD! Very little in between!! That was a great drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

That was two unreal plays by Pitta. I know he dropped one early last week but he was absolutely clutch when it counted then too.

You just know Brady is going to go all the way here, or at least field goal range.

First turnover could be the winning or losing of this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yikes, a 49ers fan stabbed/slit a Falcons fan in the throat after the game earlier. Scumbag bringing a knife to a football game, ffs.

49ers fan stabbed a Giant last year too and this season a bunch of 49ers started a fight with two Giants fans who were with their girlfriends. There's a video online for the second one. Pretty sad thugs.

Coward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Pats need to make this a shootout now because that Pats defense is bad right now. And the more this goes on the more you know that secondary will fook up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Brady tends to respond well off a score though. As was the case in the last game, a turnover will be critical. If ever a team can get one its the pats though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Totally different defence without Talib unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yikes, a 49ers fan stabbed/slit a Falcons fan in the throat after the game earlier. Scumbag bringing a knife to a football game, ffs.

49ers fan stabbed a Giant last year too and this season a bunch of 49ers started a fight with two Giants fans who were with their girlfriends. There's a video online for the second one. Pretty sad thugs.

In the case your talking to the Falcons fan punched the 49ers fan first according to reports. No excuse for the knife though

Absolutely bricking it here, what an enthralling game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Boy that penalty cost the Pats. Momentum going against them now.

Paully D wrote: »

Aye, gripping stuff this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats offense is not clicking, too many mistakes

Same again now please, Caldwell. Just let Joe do his thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Patriots O not firing tonight. Ravens won't have a better chance to win this.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Patriots O not firing tonight. Ravens won't have a better chance to win this.

with apologies to Billy Cundiff but...

This is going to get ugly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

This is my favorite type of game. Give me a gripping chess match like this over a shoot-out anyday.

kryogen wrote: »
    This is going to get ugly

Don't see how you'd come to that conclusion.

being reactionary is my thing, dammit! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Syferus wrote: »
    Oh Joe, too.

For such an inconsistent QB Flacco is surprisingly clutch in the playoffs. A win here would be worth millions to Flacco on his new contract.

The new Eli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This game is going away from the Patriots. They really need to try and limit the Ravens to a field goal here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

In the case your talking to the Falcons fan punched the 49ers fan first according to reports. No excuse for the knife tmhough
    In fairness there are a lot of scumbag fans in the Bay area. There was a shooting after the preseason game between the niners and raiders recently, nothing to do with football obviously.

Can't believe the momentum shift we are seeing in Gilette.

Its so sad that I can see no way in us winning, hate these games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

davyjose wrote: »
    The new Eli

If Flacco gets to the SB which QB can we expect to come out next summer and say they are "elite"??!! Stafford, Romo or Cutler?

adrian522 wrote: »
    In fairness there are a lot of scumbag fans in the Bay area. There was a shooting after the preseason game between the niners and raiders recently, nothing to do with football obviously.

Its a California thing with gang culture imo. Chargers have less of an unsavoury element because they dont have anything near the fanbases of the other two. Even then, you hear stories from the travelling fans that they're not exactly the nicest shower either.

Flacco 11-18, 123 yards, 100.0 QB rating in that 3rd quarter.

• Advertisement

Was kinda hoping the pats would get a couple of scores up so I could go to bed, but this is getting very interesting now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Pats d is can't keep giving up the easy stuff, haven't been able to play single man coverage on the wr since Talib left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Holy crap what a catch

HigginsJ wrote: »
    If Flacco gets to the SB which QB can we expect to come out next summer and say they are "elite"??!! Stafford, Romo or Cutler?

Stafford outta that lot.

Touchdown!!!

Go for two. Give them a cushion.

Wow. Boldin is still elite in traffic. Sweetness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Spectacular catch, but as long as Brady is the QB the Patriots are well in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Serious drive, serious catch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

that was some throw by Flacco and catch by Boldin!

• Advertisement

Knife edged now.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Spectacular catch, but as long as Brady is the QB the Patriots are well in it.

Yep. Unfortunately I'm fully expecting him to go the length of the field every time they have possession.

kryogen wrote: »
    Its so sad that I can see no way in us winning, hate these games

Eight down with the best offense in the league at home and a whole quarter to go? I wouldn't write the obituaries just yet.

Yep. Unfortunately I'm fully expecting him to go the length of the field every time they have possession.

As you would though in fairness. It's Brady.

Pats d is can't keep giving up the easy stuff, haven't been able to play single man coverage on the wr since Talib left :(

When Talib left the game most of my hope went too, seriously depressed here, I dont even know why

Flacco seems to have mastered the wind better than Brady. Maybe his fastball is less affected because he slings it so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If the Pats dont scored a TD on this drive, we are in serious trouble.

Syferus wrote: »
    Eight down with the best offense in the league at home and a whole quarter to go? I wouldn't write the obituaries just yet.

Doesnt exactly look like the best tonight, and its not the offence Im really worried about, its the D with the injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I think any game without a turnover is seriously dull.

There's a twist in this yet lads. Said the same last year.

Here we go now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement