Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harsh infraction in AH

Options
  • 31-12-2012 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an infraction for this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82402029#post82402029 in AH which I feel is unwarranted. At no point did I attack the poster, I merely made a comment about the post, and then three posts later pointed out that it was a joke. I have PMd whoopsadaisydoodles 3 times but got no reply on the matter.

Could someone please take a look at this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi summerskin,

A Cmod will have a look over this as soon as we can. It's a tricky time of year and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Micky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Hi summerskin,

A Cmod will have a look over this as soon as we can. It's a tricky time of year and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Micky

Thanks Micky, any idea how long it'll take?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi summerskin,

Could you perhaps expand and explain what you meant by your post? Who you were referring to, why you sensed a re-reg, how was it a joke, who was it a re-reg of etc.

It is unclear to me what your joke was, so I need further clarification on this from you.

Thanks.

I meant that the post was very vague in who it was referring to, and joked that perhaps it was a re-reg trying to have a dig at another unspecified user without giving away their true identity, as so many users lately seem to be re-regs of other posters, as many other people have also commented on lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

summerskin wrote: »
    I meant that the post was very vague in who it was referring to, and joked that perhaps it was a re-reg trying to have a dig at another unspecified user without giving away their true identity, as so many users lately seem to be re-regs of other posters, as many other people have also commented on lately.

Okay. Somewhat ironically, your post was very vague in who it was referring to and we thought you were taking a dig at another user by claiming they were a rereg. Hence the confusion.

We're going to accept your explanation and lift the infraction, and put this down to a case of poor phrasing or choice of words. Please take more care in future. And if you genuinely suspect someone of being a rereg or using a second account for sockpuppeting, to report them to the mods.

Please allow 24hrs or so for the Infraction to be reversed. If not done by then, send me a PM.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks Penn, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Infraction has been reversed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement