Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB PORTS NOT WORKING

Options
  • 31-12-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

they have stopped working any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I think I disabled the USB ports from the BIOS and as the keyboard on my laptop is not working (spilled drink on it) I have no way of getting back into the BIOS to fix it.
    Any help?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Shane St. wrote: »
    I think I disabled the USB ports from the BIOS and as the keyboard on my laptop is not working (spilled drink on it) I have no way of getting back into the BIOS to fix it.
    Any help?

Use an external USB keyboard should work, borrow one if you don't have one, it may be possible to reset the bios settings if the laptops battery is easy to access but many laptops will require a function key to be pressed to confirm the bios was reset, although this may not happen if you shut the machine down at this point, and back up again if you get me

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If they were disabled in device manager rather than in the bios and you have remote desktop activated then you could try to connect another machine machine using remote desktop connection and re-enable them in device manager. Otherwise you will need to reset the bios which usually entails removing the cmos battery, which can be difficult on a laptop.

Advertisement