Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairs/Hill Training Dublin

Options
  • 31-12-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

Haven't been able to find a thread that deals with this yet. I am looking to do some hill/stairs running around the Ringsend, Grand Canal Dock area of Dublin.

As you can imagine this is a pretty difficult task (completely flat). Does anyone have any ideas of places within 2-3km of Ringsend that have loads of stairs or a big hill to train on?

Needs to be open to the public too :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

i know of one guy who was training for empire state building stairs run,got permission to train in liberty hall..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

The closest decent hill to ringsend is Fosters Avanue/Mount Anville Road. It's about 5k away. I usually drive to RTE and run the 2k up there as a warm up before doing reps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Get the Dart to Howth or Sutton. Its a fantastic run up to Howth Summit on the road and there are a coupke of decent trails you can run on as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

seanmacc wrote: »
    Get the Dart to Howth or Sutton. Its a fantastic run up to Howth Summit on the road and there are a coupke of decent trails you can run on as well.

+ 1 on this. I'm out there every Saturday morning and a really tough hill is to the summit from Howth Village. A less difficult, but still tough enough for me, route is from Sutton Cross up to the summit up the Sutton Strand road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

The Rook wrote: »
    + 1 on this. I'm out there every Saturday morning and a really tough hill is to the summit from Howth Village.

I remember it well. From the summit back into town then was a breeze.

• Advertisement
Advertisement