Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB credit card

Options
  • 31-12-2012 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to ask..

my cousin has AIB 'be' visa card with 22.7% APR, however AIB click credit card is with 13.6% APR.

So he is wondering if he can switch from AIB 'be' credit card to AIB click credit card while keeping his credit card limit.

If he applies for new AIB click credit card and close AIB 'be' credit card he is most likely going to end up with much smaller credit limit. It took him years to build it up to his current limit and we use it to buy flights, so it would be very unfortunate if we loose that.

Any experience with that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

TBH, given how banks are treating personal customers these days, I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how that might work out for your cousin. Really, the only way is to ring the bank and ask them before your cuz makes any decisions. Horses mouth, and all that.

HTH :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I switched from a AIB Mastercard to a Click card about 2 years ago and the whole lot was just transferred straight over. All that really changed from a practical standpoint was the card and reduced interest.

Things could be different now though and it'll no doubt depend on things like employment status, payment history, credit rating etc etc... best to get your cousin to ring them himself

Advertisement