Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for an artist please???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Want to get this done and was wondering if anyone knows any artists particularly good at this style or have got similar tattoos they're very pleased with? http://gp1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/802892/production_public/Photo/8121531/image/1324391122_Besidemyself_Going_Dutch_CD_album_front_cover_copy.jpg

Did you want it to have that "Sketchy" or pencil look, just the lines, or something more solid, and shaded/coloured?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ismisemonty

Did you want it to have that "Sketchy" or pencil look, just the lines, or something more solid, and shaded/coloured?

Yeah I'd like to keep the sketchy look, maybe slightly more solid but mainly pecnil-styled.

I wasn't thinking about keeping the red in the middle, but if anyone had any ideas about what colouring would go nicely i'd be glad to hear!

Cheers man, he seems really good, I'll try get a few options before settling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Joe Myler. Some of his recent work on his facebook page is kind of "sketchy" like that.

• Advertisement

Joe Myler. Some of his recent work on his facebook page is kind of "sketchy" like that.

Think he could be the man, Cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Joe Myler would be good for that, but first thing I thought of when I saw that drawing was this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056828335

Go to Germany :).

Joe Myler would be good for that, but first thing I thought of when I saw that drawing was this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056828335

Go to Germany :).

Yeah i've seen him, would love to but a tad out of my price range for the foreseeable lifetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahhh Peter Aursich is the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Don't usual post here but read a lot. I would love a tattoo by Peter Aurisch ! But wouldn't be allowed to travel to Berlin "just" for a tattoo.... I discovered his work recently while browsing for ideas for a raven tattoo and saw one by him with 2 on a guys chest.

• Advertisement

Just thinking about this maybe Cris Gherman would be a good recommendation for this to?

He is exceptionally talented and does do some really unique pieces such as these so im sure he could do something with the sketch you have in mind.

205067_1501261750896_8355475_n.jpg

423590_513482998686529_827715913_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Any reputable artist should be able to work this, but do yourself a favour, and ask that they make it their own...by that I mean ask that they take the image and develop it so you have a tattoo they enjoy doing, that is not copied onto someone else, and that will stand the test of time...there is a lot going on in that tattoo and unless you are prepared to donate a huge piece of skin, it will need to be simplified.

bubblebery wrote: »
    Any reputable artist should be able to work this, but do yourself a favour, and ask that they make it their own...by that I mean ask that they take the image and develop it so you have a tattoo they enjoy doing, that is not copied onto someone else, and that will stand the test of time...there is a lot going on in that tattoo and unless you are prepared to donate a huge piece of skin, it will need to be simplified.

Have to say I agree with you on every bit bar the bit in bold ;), It will suit certain artists styles more than other. All artists have a certain style there good at or like doing so finding the right one to do the tattoo and style you want is very important imo I would never walk into an artist without having done my research and looked at there portfolio. Sure any reputable artist could do it, but could they do it to the style in which the op wants maybe not.

To be honest I feel that the "sketchy" style is not suited to the original image. Chris Germans works because it really is a simple composition...a figure with wings... Take the original image and give it a similar treatment and it would look a complete mess. So perhaps I should rephrase what I said, any reputable and TALENTED artist should be able to pull this off pretty easily. But my guess is that the consultation process would involve a discussion about simplification, placement, size etc

To be honest I feel that the "sketchy" style is not suited to the original image. Chris Germans works because it really is a simple composition...a figure with wings... Take the original image and give it a similar treatment and it would look a complete mess. So perhaps I should rephrase what I said, any reputable and TALENTED artist should be able to pull this off pretty easily. But my guess is that the consultation process would involve a discussion about simplification, placement, size etc

Well I wasnt saying do it that style I posted up them pics as an example of Cris Ghermans work to illustrate how I think he would be able to do a good job on the ops piece and in terms of what he wanted it was relatable ;), I hear what your saying but I still maintain that there are plenty of very talented artists in Ireland i.e Remis, Eimear Kearney, Joe Myler, Rob Mulligan,Pawel etc but they all have a unique style so finding the one you think suits what you want best is the main step for me first on all tattoos but each to there own and all that :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

That chest piece by Christ Gherman is brilliant.

That chest piece by Christ Gherman is brilliant.

It is, if I am correct, its from a book of works by a European artist who did a lot of this stuff. I will try and find a link.

I disagree that it's not suited, but it'd only work if the piece was massive. There's just too much going on there, so like you said, it'd probably need simplification based on the size of the tattoo.

I may be wrong, but it seems that the image represents whats going on in the head of the artist (the person who drew the piece) . My best advice to the OP would be to list the things that go round in your own head, bring the piece to an artist whose work you really admire, and ask them to go to town with their own creativity, based on the size you are comfortable with.

I may be wrong, but it seems that the image represents whats going on in the head of the artist (the person who drew the piece) . My best advice to the OP would be to list the things that go round in your own head, bring the piece to an artist whose work you really admire, and ask them to go to town with their own creativity, based on the size you are comfortable with.

Yup probably, but it's an album cover, and that's why they want it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Well I wasnt saying do it that style I posted up them pics as an example of Cris Ghermans work to illustrate how I think he would be able to do a good job on the ops piece and in terms of what he wanted it was relatable ;), I hear what your saying but I still maintain that there are plenty of very talented artists in Ireland i.e Remis, Eimear Kearney, Joe Myler, Rob Mulligan,Pawel etc but they all have a unique style so finding the one you think suits what you want best is the main step for me first on all tattoos but each to there own and all that :).

I totally agree with the artists listed for this style. I'd also throw in Robert Witczuk. There are plenty of tattooists in Ireland doing fantastic work. Far away fields are not alway's greener !!!

Advertisement