Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Ham Question

Options
  • 31-12-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We had a large ham (raw) after Christmas. Last Thursday, we cut it in half (thus breaking the vacuum pack) and wrapped each half in cling film and then, tin-foil. I put it in the fridge (on Thursday). Today, I took it out of the fridge, re-opened it to cook it and I found a slight discolouration on the ham; a kind of darkness around the topside of the ham itself. I've already put the ham on the boil but I am now wondering if it is okay to eat. Would it be okay to keep cooking?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi,

Food safety advise isn't permitted on the forum. You are the only one that can attest to the storage conditions and/or any smell from the meat so it's up to you. If someone gives poor advise here and you end up ill boards could be held liable.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement