Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keyboard lessons good or bad foundation for potential Piano lessons?

• 31-12-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just wanted some advice on this. I want to learn piano/keyboard. I currently have a keyboard, 64 keys I think, Non-weighted keys

I'd be starting from scratch so for now my goals are learning the basics of chords and notes/scales

If I learn the keyboard first, should there be any issues moving onto a piano in the future? Would moving from non-weighted to keys to weighted be an adjustment, or would I end up having to start again?

Any advise helpful!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

It's fine to begin on plus you get to see if you like it without remodeling the front room for a baldwin,

Advertisement