Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 in bridge mode

• 31-12-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

hey all, ive looked through the previous threads and im looking for something kinda different,

in the previous threads, the Zyxel is acting as the modem and then you have a router connected to it through bridge..

myself and a neighbour are sharing his internet but i want to boost the signal in my house, so i was going to take this old Zyxel i have here and i was wondering if it was possible to have this recieve and rebroadcast the signal. Much like a repeater..

cheers for the help.

edit - his router is a Cisco EPC2425 and ive the Zyxel, and we want to wireless bridge between both.
    if its not possible to do it with the Zyxel ill look into getting another router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

a wireless repeater is not a great option... you can only really extend the signal you receive, not improve it....
    ideally you wud want to run a cat5 to your modem and then you wud improve the signal....

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

yeah i took that into account, but the house is across the road..
    I get full signal in the front room of the house, which is grand for a laptop, but ive an office in the back of the house id like to reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Have you seen these? They have them at all the Maplins here in Ireland as well. They work well.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/netgear-universal-wi-fi-range-extender-531662

that looks handy, so i just configure it to pick up the existing wifi and it repeats the signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

are they not to be used within the same house to make use of the existing elec wiring in the house...
    The OP says that he's sharin internet with his mate who lives across the road....

• Advertisement

are they not to be used within the same house to make use of the existing elec wiring in the house...
    The OP says that he's sharin internet with his mate who lives across the road....

good man i wouldnt have thought of that..
    i was thinking of a simplified version of this..
    http://www.mavromatic.com/?p=426

or
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Universal_Wireless_Repeater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

0rt wrote: »
    that looks handy, so i just configure it to pick up the existing wifi and it repeats the signal?

That's it sure. It will pick up the wifi signal across the street and broadcast it to your home.

Advertisement