Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Sharing Software

Options
  • 31-12-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend software like Microsoft Skydrive for me. I need to transfer all the music from my laptop to my computer. However the computer is not compatible with skydrive (Windows XP) and I can't transfer via ext. harddrive or memory stick as my USB ports are broken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Take out laptop HDD & connect to your PC either with external USB caddy or if you're happy with a screwdriver, open case & connect it internally?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

+1 on the caddy,can be bought in pc World for about 12 euro and a godsend to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If both machines are connected to your router then you can share the music folders on your laptop and access them from you computer to transfer them. If they are not on the same network then just connect the machines with an Ethernet cable.

Advertisement