Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

malware alert ?

Options
  • 31-12-2012 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

when trying to access the site lately all i keep getting is this

virus_zpsa12e3305.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

someone must have posted a picture from newspaper.li and they have been flagged as potential malware hosters.

false positives with google's automatic malware checker happens all the time, most recently twitpic.com - http://thenextweb.com/google/2012/12/30/google-blocks-twitpic-over-alleged-malware-causing-chrome-to-deny-access-to-some-twitter-pages/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I too had never seen this before until today. Two separate pages of you laugh you lose are throwing it for two different sites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

More on a malware alert.
    A whole bunch of users reporting an issue with this thread in A&A:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054990656

Thanks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Actually, have deleted a post supposedly causing it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I found the image from the OP, but can't find any others with just thread IDs, sorry.

We'll need the link of the page the person was on, and what the error said (eg, above stated that "Content from newspaper.li" was the issue. So best case scenario, please send screenshots of the issue, ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Keeps popping up on the YLYL thread

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Keeps popping up on the YLYL thread
    Did you get that screenshot?

Gordon wrote: »
    Did you get that screenshot?
    Yeah posting from phone now i took with camera on phone though will post up when i get in if you like

Either that or the exact url (copy the URL from the browser) where you're getting the issue, and a copypaste of the text that you get from the malware alert (as that contains the image I'll need to look for). Ta

Gordon wrote: »
    Either that or the exact url (copy the URL from the browser) where you're getting the issue, and a copypaste of the text that you get from the malware alert (as that contains the image I'll need to look for). Ta

HERE i will keep an eye out today and get screenshot
    A_cjIDjCMAEsU72.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Really need a URL too mate! I see someone has mentioned page 211 here but I can't find anything on that page (when I view at 20 posts per page), so can you tell me what page of the thread?

Ive noticed different names in some of these pictures mine has mario cart wii on it
    I will go back to the thread now.
    UPDATE!
    It was around 212 in the YLYL thread just checked all seems fine,should i find anything else i will report.

OK, cheers :)

Has it nothing to do with twitpic??

The one that you were talking about was mariokartwii.com which was removed by a Mod, the OP was regarding newspaper.li.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

what i mean by my original post is , that its not the only time i get this alert , its happening more and more often

antocann wrote: »
    what i mean by my original post is , that its not the only time i get this alert , its happening more and more often
    OK, please post screenshots as you did before and we'll remove the offending images, ta.

Why these sites are showing up as malware by Chrome, I've no idea, maybe there's more malware being leaked onto them or something? Or maybe Chrome have erroneously marked certain sites as malware infected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement