Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Ouija board experiences

Options
  • 31-12-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Interested to hear people's stories about Ouija board experiences. Did one when I was in my twenties and have never forgotten the experience. In this case the planchette moved freely with no-one touching it. I keep an open mind, wouldnt consider myself spritual in any way but am nvertheless at a loss to explain the experience. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My husbands father did it with a group of friends and family and to tell a long story short they ended up locked in the house couldn't get out unless a man of uniform opened the door for them so my husbands granddad had to put his army uniform on and let them out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

My husbands father did it with a group of friends and family and to tell a long story short they ended up locked in the house couldn't get out unless a man of uniform opened the door for them so my husbands granddad had to put his army uniform on and let them out

The long story sounds pretty interesting to me!

Can you tell that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did one with 2 friends when I was a teenager. 2 of us suspected that the other was moving the planchette, so conspired to remove our hands at the same time. It kept moving briefly with the remaining hands still on it.

That's my story.

CatFromHue wrote: »

Can you tell that?

I'll get my husband to tell the full story I'm usually freaked out when it's been told by his dad. Will get it done tonight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 midlands paranormal researcher

do they really work or is it our minds tricking us in thinking its real ....just throwing it out there hope u dont mind me asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

do they really work or is it our minds tricking us in thinking its real ....just throwing it out there hope u dont mind me asking

I dont think its the boards or the layout of the board that holds any value... to me it would be the willingness of the person using it to open themselves to communication.. the intent and expectation would be very high were usually doubt would get in the way...

CatFromHue wrote: »

Can you tell that?

ok so the misses asked me to tell my fathers Ouija board experience so bear with me

He was living in an apartment in cabinteely about 20 years ago and one night himself 2 of his sisters and his best mate decided decided to try a Ouija board....they tried the board for an hour or so with no result. One of my aunties suggested the board was not real so for some reason my father got it into his head if he carved it into the real wood floor it would give some sort of a reading. so the next night after it was done they decided to try it again. This time however the planchette moved very erratically and spelled "The answer to your questions will soon appear as only true authority will set you clear" they naturally thought that one of them was messing and influenced the movement of the planchette but after an hour or so my aunts decided it was late and time to go home but the door wouldn't open and the handle was hot to touch...after trying windows naturally they started to freak out as none of them could get a way out of the apartment. My father and aunts told me that the heat in the apartment began to rise to unbearable temperatures...my fathers friend that was there rarely talks about it but he swears he seen a man outside the apartment on the street laughing looking up at him. 5 hours later they were still stuck but all of a sudden my grandfather (fathers father) opened the door wearing his army uniform. they asked him why he came to the apartment as it was 4 am and he told them Michael said he had to.... Michael was his brother who died the year before.

the Ouija board was still carved into the floor and after many attempts it couldn't be removed so it was just covered...i know this is true as a friend i met in school lived in that apartment years later and it was still there under the carpet.

well that's the story take what you want from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Fascinating. Thank you so much for that. My own experience was quite similar in some regards. We were doing a Ouija board one night and at the start got what seemed like very weak movement and something I would have attributed to someone messing if it weren't for what happened afterwards. We asked whoever it was to get someone stronger and after a pause the planchetee started moving and spelling things out much faster. After a while we couldnt keep up and the planchette moved on its own. We asked it to go but it wouldnt (a slightly sinister turn of events) until it got a kiss from a friend who had left the room. He did so, the planchette did two circuits of the table and shot off. I dont know what to make of it to this day as I am a skeptic by nature but am at a loss to give it a rational explanation. It did however give me a code to contact it again. Needless to say I never did, never will, and wont reveal it to anyone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 daravinny

a bunch of us had a few goes of this when we were teenagers, 15 yrs ago. One night one of the lads (dead)father came on (apparently) and he got quite upset, another time in one other guys kitchen, a spirit came on claiming to be patrick pearce, spelt that way, it was quite cheeky and we started to suspect that one of the lads was messing, next thing the glass stopped and moved 3 times to the number 6. This of course freaked out us silly teenagers and we all went outside to smash the glass(a hardy shot glass) we were using on the wall. we threw the glass against the wall 3 times and it did not break so we threw it over the wall instead. We never established if someone was messing or not, no-one claimed to be and we were all very scared.

To try and prove to myself if it was real, being the dope I was, decided to have a go on my own in my bedroom. my folks used to have a big round mirror shoved in the back of the wardrobe in our room, I took it out as it was a perfect smooth surface and I wrote out letters and numbers on pieces of paper i cut up and arraged them in a circle around the mirror. To set the scene, it is a bedroom I shared with my brother, two single beds in a room about 15 foot by 15 foot. I was sitting on the end f my bed beside the window on one side of the room. on the other opposite side of the room, was the door and a shelf with a music system and some drawers. as I began, a cassette that was sitting on the top of the drawers flew across the room and landed at my feet. I nearly sh*t myself and ran out of the room. had to wait till my brother got home to go back in at which point I became the laughing stock of the family as he told them all, my religious parents went mad and told me to cop myself on, and noone really ever believed it happened.

never did it since.

Advertisement