Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting into photography

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

pedatron wrote: »
    I need to delve into youtube vids more. There's probably a load of great free content there for consumption. Looks like a great channel. I'll check it out when I'm home!

I got a pdf copy of understanding exposure and have it on my tablet but am struggling to read it as the resolution is bad. I'll probably just pick it up on amazon as it has been recommended so many times here!
    I have 3rd edition of understanding exposure in high quality ebook if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

arcius wrote: »
    I have 3rd edition of understanding exposure in high quality ebook if you want

That would be brilliant Arcius if you could!

Thanks,

Peter

That would be brilliant Arcius if you could!

Thanks,

Peter

no problem pm your email. hope I will be able to send it by email as it is 921MB :)

Hello lads! Ordered the D3200 today. Anyone know how long the wait will be? I actually can't wait for it to come now!

Hello lads! Ordered the D3200 today. Anyone know how long the wait will be? I actually can't wait for it to come now!
    Where did you buy it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deano77777

That's a good choice.
    I started getting into photograph more last year and decides to get a dslr.
    I did a good bit of research and final went with D3200 also. It's a relay good camera. And the high pixel count is very useful do a beginner, as if you find framing your shot a bit difficult you can crop your pics much more and still loads of pixels leftover to have a sharp image.

Plus the beginner Manu is handy for learning how to set the camera up for different effects like long exposures, dark places, freezing motion ect.

The only thing I didn't like was that never mentioned anything about having a histogram displayed for when playing back images to check the exposure.
    I thought for a while that here was no histogram but after a few searches I found out how to do it. Here's how just in case.

Turn camera on
    Press menu button
    Got to playback menu
    Scroll down to playback display options
    Then click in additional photo info
    Then click on the options you want.

The best two options are the histogram for seeing I your exposure is ok and the shooting data. The shooting data is rely good coz you sometimes for get what setting had used to get a food pic so this is good for showing you what setting you had used to get a photo.

Where did you buy it from?

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/nikon-d3200-digital-slr-camera-nikon-18-105mm-vr-lens-1058-p.asp

Recommended by someone earlier on in this thread! Reviews are great and the lens is much better than the basic kit lens.

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/nikon-d3200-digital-slr-camera-nikon-18-105mm-vr-lens-1058-p.asp

Recommended by someone earlier on in this thread! Reviews are great and the lens is much better than the basic kit lens.
    I recomended it. I actualy went in their shop in London. Prices are perfect. It shouldn't take more than week. You ll get an email when dispached. I ordered lens on the 22 of dec and got it before new year (don't forget it was christmas period). So let me know when you ll have it :)

I recomended it. I actualy went in their shop in London. Prices are perfect. It shouldn't take more than week. You ll get an email when dispached. I ordered lens on the 22 of dec and got it before new year (don't forget it was christmas period). So let me know when you ll have it :)
    I also buy from simplyelectronics.net but didn t want to mention that page as there are a lot of bad feedbacks online about them. And most people believe in bad coments. Altough they are my main shop and never let me down. Only sometimes you have to wait longer for product to arrive. So in the future you could check over there as well for some products.

I'm such an eejit! I never looked at who posted it! Thanks very much for the tip! Great value! I'll keep you informed!

• Advertisement

I got a text to say I have a package at home! Its arrived! Can't wait to finish work now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ImagenEstilo

Have fun pedatron, I know the feeling, like a child in a candy store. It's great!

Advertisement