Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year to all on The Boards Weather Forum

Options
  • 31-12-2012 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I would like to thank all on boards weather forum for the amount of work they have done through the year. There is some serious weather Knowledge on this forum and lets keep the learning going throught-out the year.

I,d like to thank pistolpetes11, Redsunset, Trogdor, Weathercheck and most of all M.T. Cranium for his daily forecast.

There are others here Redsunset, Su Campu, Wolf Ire, Darkman2, Danno, maquiladora, Pangea, pad199207, BEASTERLY, MiNdGaM3, Iancar29, Deep Easterly, mcriot29, Supercell, nacho libre, snowbie,141_Oscar_Mike, Scubadevils, DOCARCH, mayo.mick, red_bairn, mountainy man, ZX7R, Nemoniod, Victor Meldrew, Paddy, Squonk, ollie1, CH750536,Elmer Blooker, tomcosgrave, Gurramok, dexter647, Ahorseofaman, Dorach, munsterlegend, RC28, Kindred Spirit, oterra, Timmyboy, barney 20v, km79,Gonzo, Musicman2000, Nilhig, Dolanbaker, Strasser, Mobhi1, Hal1, John.Icy, Arctictree, delw, Mike65,Harps, RoisinD,snowstreams, Joe Public, Sponge BoB, Jambofc, weathering, leahyl, pauldry , waterways, Bsal, musicmental85, Naill D, 200motels, Saganist, rickylovesuall, foinnmacool87, John Mac, Redsteveireland,Mickjer844posts, Lumi, Jerry Seinfeld, homolumo,rameire, dacogawa, H2UMrsRobinson, eskimocat, cherryghost, SeaFields,Rebelbrowser, Min, Planet X, Lima Alpha, glimmerman123, CianRyan, genie, Snowc and many many more who make The Boards weather section a great place.

Happy New Year to You All.

K. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks Kippure, same to you.

Happy new year to one and all, may your winter months be full of snow, the summer full of sun and all year round lots of thunderstorms! :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Agreed, thanks to all who make this a place of learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

:eek: What happened??
    I think he got a two day ban for being bold

Anyway a Happy New Year to all,may the year ahead be a happy & peaceful one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

May we have a measurably hot and dry summer in 2013. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

thank you all for your weather knowledge throughout 2012,hope you all have a happy,peaceful,snowy,thundery,rainy,icey,misty,foggy or scorching new year.cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

One of the best forums on boards, special thanks to MT for his daily forecasts and happy new year to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Supercell wrote: »

Happy new year to one and all, may your winter months be full of snow, the summer full of sun and all year round lots of thunderstorms! :D

^ This. Thanks MT and everyone for your admirable knowledge and expertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Happy new year to everyone, I hope that we return to a full roster soon, as discussion of the weather should be an enjoyable hobby unless you're actually being paid to say things about it -- which none of us are for reasons that must be painfully obvious. Although why anyone else is ... not so obvious. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

2013 will bring sensational episodes, preparers, stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Happy new year to everyone on this fine forum, I know next to nothing avout the technical side but thanks to you I'm picking up some bits an pieces and becoming a weather nerd :rolleyes:.

A special thanks to M.T for the forcasts and alerts, you are a constant in our crazy world.

p.s. if anyone has some pull I'd like a summer this year! :P

• Advertisement

Summer will be Thursday to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Happy new year to everyone on this fine forum, I know next to nothing avout the technical side but thanks to you I'm picking up some bits an pieces and becoming a weather nerd :rolleyes:.

A special thanks to M.T for the forcasts and alerts, you are a constant in our crazy world.

p.s. if anyone has some pull I'd like a summer this year! :P

I'll second this and all other thanks to you guys. My learning is slow but I'm definitely hooked thanks to all your knowledge. The best of everything to you all for the year (and indeed years) ahead

In case folks didn't know already, Sponge Bob apparently banned, the last post I could locate from him was #65 in a thread about a TD being involved in the IRA, seemed a bit less than banworthy but I'm not the best judge of these things being so far removed. Perhaps it wasn't that post, I could only locate posts where he was thanked. There's a way to contact him given in the link for the form he created in the January 2013 contest.

My earlier comments about a full roster were not about this banning (I hadn't heard about it then) but the recent disappearance of one or two former regular contributors whose participation was valuable and I hope they think about returning one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Happy new year everyone.

Speaking of SpongeBob, this is what he secretly does in his spare time:
    4797D3D563282DDD3B5B38FAD6D0FA.gif

it looks like senor pangea was right about him;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Belated Happy New Year to all. Particular thanks to MT and Maq for their insight in 2012 and hopefully 2013 will be a Meteorologically memorable one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement