Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The iPad

• 31-12-2012 3:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi. All I got an iPad about a month ago and I can't watch movies on it.it says I need flash player/plug in.can anybody tell me what to do thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Hi. All I got an iPad about a month ago and I can't watch movies on it.it says I need flash player/plug in.can anybody tell me what to do thanks

Need bit more info.
    Do you want watch streams on safari, downloaded movies from your pc, other?
    There are ways around it and usually requires an app, try this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloads-lite-for-ipad-download/id383846063?mt=8
    It has a built in brower that might be able to open files safari doesn't.
    There are many discussions/solutions to your problem to be found, google is your friend:-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭owelfisherman

flyguy wrote: »
    Need bit more info.
    Do you want watch streams on safari, downloaded movies from your pc, other?
    There are ways around it and usually requires an app, try this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/downloads-lite-for-ipad-download/id383846063?mt=8
    It has a built in brower that might be able to open files safari doesn't.
    There are many discussions/solutions to your problem to be found, google is your friend:-)

I've tried project free tv which I was told is good and let me watch this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Apple don't allow flash on it's devices iirc.

You'll need to download the movie/tv show you want to your computer, get a converter to change the file to the right format, then put it on iTunes and sync up your iPad. That's basically the only way other than buying off Apple Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You can stream movies from your laptop by using VLC and VLC Streamer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

AV player ftw

Ugh that's a pain..and the price of the flipping thing!and I can't even watch a movie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Ugh that's a pain..and the price of the flipping thing!and I can't even watch a movie!

You can. You just don't want to pay for them or go through the effort of learning how to do it for free.

jakdublin wrote: »
    You can. You just don't want to pay for them or go through the effort of learning how to do it for free.

Well if I don't have a computer how am i meant to watch for free?

To watch live tv use the filmOn app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmon-live-tv-free/id576167616
    The other app I already posted has more "options" to watch movies provided you find more "useful" sites (ok I'll send it in a PM)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

To watch live tv use the filmOn app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmon-live-tv-free/id576167616
    The other app I already posted has more "options" to watch movies provided you find more "useful" sites (ok I'll send it in a PM)

Wouldn't mind that pm too if you don't mind.
    I well used to torrents but if there's an easier way, I'm all for it :D

Once downloaded, where do you find em on the iPad?!

Ok I assume you opened the download link in the app and you also saw the file downloading under the download tab (bottom of screen in app). Next to it is a tab that says files, it should be under there...
    If you exit the app the download sometimes fails/pauses, next to the file (in downloads) there should be a refresh symbol, click this and the download resumes (or restarts if you're unlucky).
    Btw you can watch it on your iPad/iPhone but also use video out (need a cable) or AirPlay to your Apple TV!

Ok I assume you opened the download link in the app and you also saw the file downloading under the download tab (bottom of screen in app). Next to it is a tab that says files, it should be under there...
    If you exit the app the download sometimes fails/pauses, next to the file (in downloads) there should be a refresh symbol, click this and the download resumes (or restarts if you're unlucky).
    Btw you can watch it on your iPad/iPhone but also use video out (need a cable) or AirPlay to your Apple TV!

+1

Also if you let the iPad go to sleep during the download it stops so you just have to keep refreshing it. Not the worst problem but just to make people aware.

I downloaded skywalk the other day and if was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Please refrain from linking to piracy-related sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Southerner1981

I'm trying to get my iPad to work in mobile data ... Any suggestions?

I'm trying to get my iPad to work in mobile data ... Any suggestions?

have you got a data only sim installed from your chosen network?

Advertisement