If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL 46 HX 853

Options
  • 31-12-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of going with this tv. It seems to have received loads of 5 star reviews. And it comes with decent sound apparently, which would save me having to buy a separate speaker or soundbar system.

What is your opinion on the sound from this tv?

What's your best price in euro plus shipping to Kildare for the 46 and 50 inch versions? Plus how much for a pair of 3d glasses?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of going with this tv. It seems to have received loads of 5 star reviews. And it comes with decent sound apparently, which would save me having to buy a separate speaker or soundbar system.

What is your opinion on the sound from this tv?

What's your best price in euro plus shipping to Kildare for the 46 and 50 inch versions? Plus how much for a pair of 3d glasses?

Many thanks.

Someguy,

thx for the post and the opportunity to quote - the 46HX853 (and the 40"/55") is in short supply at the moment so we are not currently shipping them - they are instore only purchases.. but we can order them in for you no problem stocks permitting for collection?

The 46HX853 is currently £1149.95 (including a BDPS490 Blu-Ray and some free movies by redemption)
    The 55HX853 (this is the next size up that we stock) is currently £1399.95 (including a BDPS490 Blu-Ray and some free movies by redemption)

However if it was me...I'd 110% buy the new 46PFL7007 instead - it both looks and sounds better than the 46HX853 and it's really, seriously, dangerously slick looking - it's reduced from £1500 to £1299.95 and I can do a Boardie special on it at just £1049.95 (ok you don't get a freebie Blu-Ray) but that's a cracking price for a really serious TV - it matches the Sony spec for spec and looks and sounds more than a match for the 853's

showimage.php?image=310534.jpg&max_width=555px&max_height=545px

Have a look at the specs here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7007t_12/46pfl7007t_12_pss_eng.pdf

If you wanted a 55" version - again the 7007 is amazing value - reduced from £1999.95 to £1699.95 - I can do it at £1399.95

The 7007's have so many features its untrue but the real quirky one is the 'Push TV' feature that literally allows you to watch what's on your TV on your smart phone or tablet - and then of course the 7007 is also Ambilight - which I love..

Apologies for going on about the 7000 series - no problem reserving you a HX853 if you prefer - just keep us posted and of course thanks for thinking of us..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Thanks for the quick response and on New years eve too. I'll do some research on those TVs and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Someguy,

However if it was me...I'd 110% buy the new 46PFL7007 instead - it both looks and sounds better than the 46HX853 and it's really, seriously, dangerously slick looking - it's reduced from £1500 to £1299.95 and I can do a Boardie special on it at just £1049.95 (ok you don't get a freebie Blu-Ray) but that's a cracking price for a really serious TV - it matches the Sony spec for spec and looks and sounds more than a match for the 853's ...

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Have you a boardie deal on the 46PFL8007 by any chance?

cheers.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

alastair wrote: »
    Hi John,

Have you a boardie deal on the 46PFL8007 by any chance?

cheers.

Alastair,

Nice TV!

We don't currently stock the 8007 but we do have the 46PFL7007 available and I can confirm that is 110% a spanking great TV - have a look at the full spec here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7007t_12/46pfl7007t_12_pss_eng.pdf

The 46PFL7007 is currently £1299.95 including delivery and a 5 year warranty - and honestly it's on my own personal wish list at the moment!

Drop me a line if you are interested in the 7007 or of course if we can assist in any way generally

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.