Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best and Worst Owners in England

• 31-12-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

Taken from a survey conducted over at Sporting Intelligence (http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/31/revealed-the-best-and-worst-owners-in-english-football-311201/).

Some interesting results. Blackburn being the worst owners was no surprise but the ranking of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City is very surprising. Arsenal's owenership was rated good by opposition fans but had a pretty poor rating amongst its own fans. It is a interesting read, I certainly would not agree with some of the rankings.

Best-owners-in-Eng-football-31.12.12.jpg

WORST-owners.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Can any Leeds fans shed a light on why Ken Bates is so hated as Leeds owner?

I mean, surely he's been doing a better job than Ridsdale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Refusing to spend money on the team and selling off our top players. But he's gone now from that role, so all is well (Hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

MrStuffins wrote: »

not really much of a yardstick there in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If the Glazers didn't have this debt, they'd be perfect. However they do have a financial plan to be debt free in 5-7 years, they do make profits, they don't interfere, don't meddle, don't speak to the media much, have backed transfers with money. They may be greedy businessmen, but they know how to run one.

This may change, they are the perfect owners for Alex Ferguson, will be interesting to see how they get along with the next guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

IvySlayer wrote: »
    If the Glazers didn't have this debt, they'd be perfect. However they do have a financial plan to be debt free in 5-7 years, they do make profits, they don't interfere, don't meddle, don't speak to the media much, have backed transfers with money.

This may change, they are the perfect owners for Alex Ferguson, will be interesting to see how they get along with the next guy.

Any links to this financial plan?
    I have to see it to believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Man City have the 3rd best owners, and the 6th worst. Super survey!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Any links to this financial plan?
    I have to see it to believe it.

With the operating profits increasing the debt SHOULD be gone, that's my point. It has been falling for the past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

MrStuffins wrote: »

Dont get us started. :(
    Far too numerous to mention.

But as GK said, he's gone now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I find it ironic that the majority of Birmingham fans couldn't wait to get rid of the two Davids, were delighted when Yeung took over and gloated at us when Gold and Sullivan took over at West Ham. Yet now they think they're one of the best set of owners in English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

G.K. wrote: »
    Refusing to spend money on the team and selling off our top players. But he's gone now from that role, so all is well (Hopefully).

Was his hand not forced with the Ridsdale era debts though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

no, not in the slightest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Disappointed Ashley isn't top of both lists.

Great businesssman and great at annoying the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Peter Ridsdale, universally loved by fans of Man Utd, Sheffield Weds, Swansea and Exeter City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ridsdale

Advertisement