Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle new year bargains

Options
  • 31-12-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭

First time using this forum. I fancy picking up a kindle and gettin' my read on for 2013. My must-read list is growing ever longer.

Anyone hear of any good deals. Curry.ie are 89 euro for them at the minute but with half decent colour tabs going for that kind of money now I figure a simple e-reader might be cheaper again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭celiam

fat bloke wrote: »
    First time using this forum. I fancy picking up a kindle and gettin' my read on for 2013. My must-read list is growing ever longer.

Anyone hear of any good deals. Curry.ie are 89 euro for them at the minute but with half decent colour tabs going for that kind of money now I figure a simple e-reader might be cheaper again.

why not buy a kindle fire,tablet and ereader in one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭fat bloke

celiam wrote: »

why not buy a kindle fire,tablet and ereader in one

I actually don't want another tablet thing, another battery-hungry, HD pixeled, backlit, web surfing device that my kids will keep robbing on me. I want the basic e-ink, books only, take a break from YouTube and facebook, original kindle experience.

If that makes any sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

kindle paperwhite would be my choice , i have the kindle and its great but thats what i would buy if i was getting new, they are about 140 new at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Are kindle fires available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,379 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

fat bloke wrote: »
    I actually don't want another tablet thing, another battery-hungry, HD pixeled, backlit, web surfing device that my kids will keep robbing on me. I want the basic e-ink, books only, take a break from YouTube and facebook, original kindle experience.

If that makes any sense :)

If this is what you're after, then I'd second the Kindle paperwhite. I got one for Christmas and it's does-what-it-says-on-the-tin stuff. I love it! (thought I'd hate it tbh)

In fairness I've never used any other Kindle or ereader device so I can't compare, but the paperwhite sounds like what you're after.

And it's VERY easy on the eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Kindle paperwhite would have my vote. They are £109 on Amazon. I bought mine on the tesco uk website using "reserve and collect". I got £10 off as I set up a new Tesco uk account. You'll also get an extra few euro back if you go through one of the cash back sites. It suited me as I was going to be in Belfast anyway.

Advertisement