Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partner for new IBT (1,3 AND 5)

• 31-12-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anybody looking to do the new IBT (modules 1,2 and 5)? I'm doing it on Monday 21st subject to availability...location is tallaght, cost 300 if pairing up. Any interest, please PM me. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Just booked for the new IBT(MODULES 1,3 AND 5) for monday and tuesday (21st/22nd of Jan).

If anyone here wants to partner up with me it works out at a very reasonable 300 per person with bike/insurance etc all included.

Let me know if there is any interest, thanks.

excuse my ignorance but do you have to repeat parts of the IBT because of the new licence stuff?
    hence you dont need to do 2 and 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

urbanledge wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance but do you have to repeat parts of the IBT because of the new licence stuff?
    hence you dont need to do 2 and 4?

If you want to go the direct access route (unrestricted A) then you need to do Modules 1,3 and 5...if you have already completed modules 1-4 then you will need to module 5 - which is basically a repeat of modules 2 and 4 on a bigger bike.

Got ya,
    I think I'll just wait for my restriction to end..........in 2014 :(
    No rush anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

urbanledge wrote: »
    Got ya,
    I think I'll just wait for my restriction to end..........in 2014 :(
    No rush anyway

Same as myself. Couldn't be arsed with hassle and expense. March '14 for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

I'm on my third provisional license and 24. Can I apply for the unrestricted A if i do the IBT modules? Would appreciate some advice on this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I'm on my third provisional license and 24. Can I apply for the unrestricted A if i do the IBT modules? Would appreciate some advice on this !

You can apply for the straight swap from the 19th January. You don't need to do the IBT beforehand, you do it after you recieve your unrestricted LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Faith+1 wrote: »
    You can apply for the straight swap from the 19th January. You don't need to do the IBT beforehand, you do it after you recieve your unrestricted LP.

Great stuff, thanks for the advice! Glad I held out on doing my test now :D

Advertisement