Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the salmon state licence work?

Options
  • 31-12-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. IM plan to do a bit of fishing down on the blackwater in Waterford/Cork and some on the Boyne if I can. I'l also like to do a bit of sea trout fishing around the slaney this year too. How do I go about buying the licence? The inland fisheries site says that I have to buy a licence for each river basin, East/South East/South West etc. Would that be 100 euro each time for an annual licence? So all in all costing 300 euro??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

An annual state licence (€100) allows you to fish for Salmon and Sea Trout in all the IFI districts throughout the state for one season.

You can buy a District licence (~€50) if you plan to just fish in one district, this will allow to fish in the specific district for the whole season.

If it's a case that you'll only get a short time to get out fishing eg during the summer, you could also buy a 21 day licence for €40. This allows you to fish throughout all the IfI districts for those specific 21 days. This might be a cheeper option for you.

You can also buy One day licences (€20) and Juvenile licences (€10) if someone wants to tag along with you for a days fishing.

You can pick which ever licence will suite your needs, you definitely won't have to pay €300! A licence will only allow you to target Salmon and Sea Trout, you may need a permit to access a specific fishery/club waters. Most tackle shops sell licences and you can purchase them online

http://www.fishinginireland.info/regulations.htm

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Super! thanks. There just wasnt an option when I went to buy on line to buy the annual permit for the year. I went to but an Eastern Permit and it was costing 100 euro (50 permit and 50 stamp) so I presumed that was the 100 that you had to pay for the year.

Perhaps il just wait until the new year to see if it changes.

Advertisement