Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iShower stockists in Ireland

• 31-12-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for an iShower stockist in ireland or one that will deliver to Ireland? I found it on amazon.co.uk but its sooo much more expensive than the US amazon so I'm trying to shop around a bit??

Also looking for reviews of it-have read great ones online but I trust boardsies opinions more!

Thanks

Yaya*

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't know if its any use to ya

http://fancy.to/512a8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

There are no official distributors of this product in Europe oddly enough (I asked the company).

You could try eBay though, or Roobix Ltd in England, who sell them for cheaper than Amazon UK:

http://www.roobix.co.uk/ishower-bluetooth-enabled-shower-speaker-ipod-compatible-p-72.html

Probably slightly cheaper just to order it from the USA and to take the chance on having to stomp up for customs fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Thanks for all the replies-eventually got it from www.ishowerinc.com for e106 inc delivery-now hopefully I won't get stung for mad customs or anything?!

Anyway thought I'd update the thread for anyone searching for it! Hope it's worth all this hassle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I seriously thought this was a piss-take.

Now I want one. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

€100 for a shower radio ? :eek: Its not even a radio though is it ? Just a wireless speaker ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Paying €100+ for a waterproof wireless speaker of that quality is lunacy. People don't seem to equate quality and value any more.

This system, from Bose, is absolutely phenomenal. Granted it costs a good deal more but the sounds quality is fantastic. And thats coming from someone having used a huge range of speakers and headphones both personally and professionally. Also means you can use it in other situations.

http://www.bose.ie/IE/en/home-and-personal-audio/digital-music-solutions/wireless-speakers/soundlink-bluetooth-mobile-speaker-ii/

Pioneer also do a system that I'd put a very close second. And Bose do an AirPlay version as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Or if you want to go cheaper than the Bose - Logitech have a nice rechargeable wireless speaker.
    Sound is excellent from it - for use in bathroom, kitchen, outside etc.

review here

Think I picked it up for sub €100 - have seen them in PC World

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ironclaw, I'm confused - that Bose speaker is three times the price and it's not waterproof.

This is also Bluetooth system, but you can't take it into the shower either. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Dades wrote: »
    ironclaw, I'm confused - that Bose speaker is three times the price and it's not waterproof.

This is my Bluetooth device....wonder if I can fit it between the window , bog and sink
    http://www.bostonacoustics.com/US/Product/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatId=HomeAudio(BostonAcoustics_US)&SubCatId=TVee%20(BostonAcoustics_US)&Pid=TVeeModel30(BostonAcoustics)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You could always wrap a black sack around it and hang it in the shower. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Dades wrote: »

This is also Bluetooth system, but you can't take it into the shower either. ;)

I've taken one to the beach and in a rain storm too. You just wrap it in a zip lock bag. Its three times the price but 100 times the quality. Wireless speakers are notorious for having zero bass so the sound is thinny and unwarm. The Bose speaker really does sound great and you'll appreciate true sound when you hear it. Also Bose offers a great warranty on all their stuff.

I will confess to working a short contract with Bose in America. However I have no commercial interest in them here in Ireland nor am I currently employed by them. Professionally I have worked with Pioneer, Denon, Behringer, Linn and Funktion One. And in my opinion, for a wireless consumer grade speaker, the Bose one is the best out there.

Advertisement