Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending New Years Eve on your Own?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I nearly always take stock of my new year on my birthday. Tonight is over priced/over crowded and isn't worth the hassle.

Some mates are calling over tonight but I am hoping they don't bother. Jules Holland fwiw.

Even if they bring bottles of Jameson and a spaced out hippie:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I did once a few years ago when my husband was working nights. I was dreading it but it was fine, I watched a movie and ended up missing the whole countdown.

I don't go out on New Years anymore, much happier to spend the night at home with the kids and family doing our own thing. In fact tomorrow I have to be up early to go running so I might actually just have an early night and miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I was out last night and I have no intention of going out tonight. Might go to a mates house, eat, watch films and play FIFA, simple but effective!

Happy new Tuesday everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Hi all!

I am going out with a couple of girlfriends to a local pub where they play Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner at 12 and then everyone gets up on tables for some reason... Hadn't been out on NYE for a few years and did that local pub last year under duress. Ended up having a great night, but not such a great next day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Its the most pointless night of the year. I'm stuck in studying anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Never had a good new years for some reason its a very odd night out i find?
    Im working this year which im gla about really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I have a few places I am meant to be going......but have no desire to go anywhere. Im gona head out to the fireworks in Dublin then see what happens....hopefully a Charlies then home :)

I may very well be pissed on here later :o

Anywho....

To all I have ruffled up, annoyed, pee'd off, enraged, made happy or made smile in 2012.

Have a very Happy and prosperous new year. I hope 2013 is better for us all!

XxX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Doing the same OP, never a fan of new years..I do have to be in the airport at 4am though..but feck it..catch up on some tv series, take away..sorted. Happy new year y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm staying in, as I do most New Year's Eves, and luxuriating with lots of delicious food and great films. I've occasionally enjoyed going out on New Year's, but mostly it's overcrowded, overloud, overpriced and just plain boring for my tastes.

And that pretty much sums it up for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

too sick to go out so im going to bed and will watch 5 hours of lord of the rings instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Staying in,its the most over rated night of the year,always find New Years Day a better day/night out,so will be hitting the pub tomorrow evening for pints and watch the darts final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

I've been sick like a lot here too. Gonna stay in on my own watch a few flicks/browse the internet. Have a few Quality Street. Cup of two of lemsip and then off to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I'm staying in - had three late night sessions since Stephen's Day so wrecked now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Going to curl up on the couch with a quilt, pizza and a movie methinks.
    If I can manage to light the stove or some random attractive lass knocks on the window and offers to do it for me, that'd be great, but my money's on a hot water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,869 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I stay in every year and revise my list of celebrities I predict will die in the next 12 months!

Go on.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Even if they bring bottles of Jameson and a spaced out hippie:D:D

Well stocked on the Jameson, even have a 12 year old one somewhere. I even think my mates where in Amsterdam recently. It's almost the same as Dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I'll be ringing it in with my friends 18 month old while she (d'mammy not d'baby) gets p*ssed at her inlaws!! Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Me and Jools and a bottle of wine (or two).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Sniffing vix is the highlight of my night, as I'm as sick as a dog... :(

I'd like to add I was reffering to the "Vicks" Stuff for a blocked nose and not "Vix" female swimwear. :p

Although, it wouldn't be bad either.. :pac:

I'm not bothered with New Years, I might have a glass of wine - although my liver is about to give up - so perhaps not! I'll watch Jules Holland and probably fall asleep at 12.05 :D

Happy New Year folks. Hope 2013 brings you all you hope for!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Happy new years Whoopsa!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Again....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Debating whether to spend it with family just now. Spent Christmas with them which was fcuking insane (largely because of one sibling).
    Only reason i'm drawn back is my poor parents.
    So:
    Complete peace and quiet, watch Jools maybe, have a few beers.
    Or:
    Back home with the family, risk more insanity with said sibling, see my parents, have a few drinks.
    Pick up a pair of boots that i ordered while i'm at it.
    Decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yes, home alone, and quite happy. Just had a nice dinner, might have a glass of wine later, watch a bit of tv. Happy New Year! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

House party to go to later on, but meh still in decide mode, have drink in the gaff so might even have a few and stay in on boards and get pi$$ed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Ha, I was waiting for a couple of calls to head out, I just realized I forgot to turn on my phone while recharging, now they will be thinking I am dissing them but I will send a message just after 12, khjg%^&*gjh8, they will be so happy my phone was off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've gone out once in my lifetime. Any other year I spend it with the family. We used to nominate a relative's house to spend New Years and bring over some entertainment and drink. Was great fun. We haven't done that in the last few years though. This year is my first year working. I haz a sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Can honestly say I've never had a good NYE night out, this year I have an annoying head cold so sitting by the fire watching TV with a glass of water :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I'm home in the comfort of my own sitting room just the way i like it, will watch jools Holland.

Happy New Year Everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I was up at 5.30 for work this morning so I'm not to pushed, she's out with her friends fightin' the Taliban or something ... that's what the phone call sounded like 10 minutes ago.

Advertisement