Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spending New Years Eve on your Own?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭miss tickle

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Spent NYE here, on the couch, in my comfy bathroom having just had a bubblebath watching Prometeus with beer and crisps.

Happy as a pig in....

I know what U mean, spent the night sitting with my child who had a dose of stomach virus.(unplessant, sorry!) Didn't want to be talked to. Just wanted some-one there with him, and you know what, best night ever, he talked when he felt like it and I could just relax and realise I love being with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I know what U mean, spent the night sitting with my child who had a dose of stomach virus.(unplessant, sorry!) Didn't want to be talked to. Just wanted some-one there with him, and you know what, best night ever, he talked when he felt like it and I could just relax and realise I love being with him.

Even though I dont have kids I understand this. (I have small nieces and nephews) sounds like a fulfilling new years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Even though I dont have kids I understand this. (I have small nieces and nephews) sounds like a fulfilling new years :)

As I said in another thread, it was great fun going out on NYE, paying 20 quid in to a pub that was jammed, waiting an age for a drink then spilling half it on the way back to my standing position then ending up walking home as for once there are no taxis :D

Stayed in tonight, talked to the brother in Oslo on skype, watched Joyeux Noel and listened to the Carolina Chocolate Drops album, am a happy bunny :)

Now the problem is that I can't sleep, although I suppose one bonus is that I have a giant pot of beef stew on a low heat, will make a great breakfast, lunch and dinner for tomorrow :D

[QUOTE=aligator_am;82454137]As I said in another thread, it was great fun going out on NYE, paying 20 quid in to a pub that was jammed, waiting an age for a drink then spilling half it on the way back to my standing position then ending up walking home as for once there are no taxis :D

Stayed in tonight, talked to the brother in Oslo on skype, watched Joyeux Noel and listened to the Carolina Chocolate Drops album, am a happy bunny :)

Now the problem is that I can't sleep, although I suppose one bonus is that I have a giant pot of beef stew on a low heat, will make a great breakfast, lunch and dinner for tomorrow :D[/QUOTE]

Ah sure I didn't go out myself. Haven't got ebough money, JUst had a good few drinks with my best friend in my house. Listening to azealia banks :D Been eating all night, haven't got anything as nice as a stew thohg :o

Ah sure I didn't go out myself. Haven't got ebough money, JUst had a good few drinks with my best friend in my house. Listening to azealia banks :D Been eating all night, haven't got anything as nice as a stew thohg :o

I think as you get older and have bills to pay then you sort of start to weigh these things up, you can have as much fun staying in with mates and drinkies than you can out, unless yer out on the hunt of course ;)

It's just another night, and we'll be far less broke come the middle of January (I'm hoping, not sure if I can deal with another month of Lidl beans on toast)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

More than likely will be spending the next 50 of them alone, so I may as well just embrace it. Watched 21 Jump Street....funny movie.

I think as you get older and have bills to pay then you sort of start to weigh these things up, you can have as much fun staying in with mates and drinkies than you can out, unless yer out on the hunt of course ;)

It's just another night, and we'll be far less broke come the middle of January (I'm hoping, not sure if I can deal with another month of Lidl beans on toast)

I'm only 19 :o That's the shameful part, Our friends don't talk to us anymore because we've done some faurly mad styff when we were drunk :o
    But yeah, It's been one pf the best new years I have ever had :D Who knew your best friend could make you so happy? :D

EdenHazard wrote: »
    More than likely will be spending the next 50 of them alone, so I may as well just embrace it. Watched 21 Jump Street....funny movie.

Ah sure feck it, nobody knows what's around the corner, all ye can do is battle on :)

Watched Dredd and Cloud Atlas the other day, good films although Cloud Atlas felt like I'd dropped about 4 acid tabs, still a good film though.

I'm only 19 :o That's the shameful part, Our friends don't talk to us anymore because we've done some faurly mad styff when we were drunk :o
    But yeah, It's been one pf the best new years I have ever had :D Who knew your best friend could make you so happy? :D

Well then sure leave them to it, no harm in having a head of sense when yer young, and sure the nights when yer out and go wild be be all the more fun for it :)

Look at it this way, you'll likely have a few extra quid in yer pocket tomorrow when all yer mates are complaining that the taxi shouldn't have cost that much, or that they only meant to order 3 kebabs each :P

Well then sure leave them to it, no harm in having a head of sense when yer young, and sure the nights when yer out and go wild be be all the more fun for it :)

Look at it this way, you'll likely have a few extra quid in yer pocket tomorrow when all yer mates are complaining that the taxi shouldn't have cost that much, or that they only meant to order 3 kebabs each :P

Exactly :D It's grand tov go mad a few days of the year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Didn't go out last night either, and I'm not sure when the last time was that I did go out for New Year's eve. I'm not that bothered though as my main recollection is of any NYE I did go out, ending up being a rubbish and unpleasant night out where I didn't enjoy myself.

Although I'm sure there's a few people who "simply had to go out" last night as doing anything else would mean the end of the world :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Stayed at home, watched a movie, didn't even notice it's midnight...
    Came across this http://imgur.com/a/aIkWI which perfectly explains my excitement about New Years Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Stayed in with all the family watching telly woke up at 5 mins past to the sound of the phone going mad with text messages. Baby asleep on left arm next daughter asleep on right arm and the 3 boys wrapped around mammy all fast asleep. woke them all wished them a happy new year transported them to bed and went off ourselves. First time we didnt stay awake for it in years but always stay in since we have had a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Went to sleep at 12.20 once the fireworks stopped. Spent nothing, didn't cry any, didn't spent hours getting home and woke up sober (and smug, clearly :)).

Happy new year everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Went to sleep at 12.20 once the fireworks stopped. Spent nothing, didn't cry any, didn't spent hours getting home and woke up sober (and smug, clearly :)).

Happy new year everyone!

Temporary release nearly over Teyla ? when you due back in Dochas ?

mattjack wrote: »
    Temporary release nearly over Teyla ? when you due back in Dochas ?

Matt, don't tell the whole internet! We discussed this.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Matt, don't tell the whole internet! We discussed this.. :(

Aw c'mon everybody knows you're in the Ladyjoy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

your all boring old farts :L

mattjack wrote: »
    Aw c'mon everybody knows you're in the Ladyjoy.

See you back on the inside then, Seanie boy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

saiint wrote: »
    your all boring old farts :L

Better than being an annoying young shart ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SuloBulo

Wife in bed sick
    2 year old in bed sick.
    I won't be on my own as such but I'll probably be here with my c0ck in my hand as usual.[/Quot

DISGUSTING.

Advertisement