Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slideshow program

Options
  • 31-12-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Looking for a windows program, or indeed a website (not ideal though and would need to be free) that plays a slideshow of movies and images.

Alas, I hear you say there are loads, and all the features I want are indeed available, but I have yet to find one that does them all together.

1. Choose a folder of media (not create a slideshow into a standalone file)
    1.1 ideally have it periodically scan that folder but not vital
    2. intervals between images up to 5 minutes log (1 minute might suffice)
    3. plays images & video simultaneously. If it picks a video, it just plays
    3.1 if the interval is 1 minute and the video is only 30s, it should skip to the next item (most do this I think)
    4. plays media in a random order.

Nothing majorly awkward there. Picasa does everything except the long interval and random. Works really well with all video
    Windows photo gallery "screensaver" does everything except the long interval (if I could edit that it would be grand) but is awkward with some video.

tried a few others but can't remember the exact name.

any help?

Advertisement