Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys WRT54GL Router & Devolo dlan Wireless N

Options
  • 31-12-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have been using the linksys for wifi, but it wasn't covering the house. So I've got one of these plus one of these . So I will have 3 x wifi access points - the linksys plus 2 x dlans

Should I have the same network SSID and password with all three?

What about channels? A channel has to be selected with the linksys. There's a channel select or auto setting on the dlans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

try wrote: »
    I have been using the linksys for wifi, but it wasn't covering the house. So I've got one of these plus one of these . So I will have 3 x wifi access points - the linksys plus 2 x dlans

Should I have the same network SSID and password with all three?

What about channels? A channel has to be selected with the linksys. There's a channel select or auto setting on the dlans?

Same SSID, password and type of encryption on all 3. You must spread channels, give them 1, 6 and 11

Advertisement