Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s wierd issue selecting numbers or menus in certain circumstances

• 31-12-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Right wierd issue, on the lock screen on my wifes iphone 4s she couldn't select numbers 123, ended up being locked and then an issue occured saying iphone was locked and we had to do a restore.

When I done a restored the issue has still persisted, when the keyboard appears in alphanumber mode the top row won't work and when the numberic pad appears the same occcurs. I got over this by removing wifi password on the restore however now an Ok button on a popup is not selecting either ok or cancel so I can't get into the phone at all.

Leaving aside losing some xmas photos not on icloud this is really annoying. Anyone ever encounter an issue simular, google search only brings up home button issues.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Could be the digitiser failing or the connection just coming loose.
    Eg
    http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/109797/My+iPhone+touch+screen+not+working

Trouble shooting steps

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1827

Although seems like you are past that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Thanks not sure that is the issue but I'll look into it more.

Seems strange the full screen is responsive on certain menus. Only when certain menus appear they are disabled. Looks like a software issue however not sure what to do about it, however my wife has insurance so might just throw it back and ask for another.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's why the have the trouble shooting steps, to see is it certain regions of screen dying. Some apps don't use some sections of screen at all.

No joy, its gone off to be looked at now, see what happens, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

would be 99% sure it needs a new screen(Faulty digitizer).
    Should cost you €69-€80 from a third party shop if your not under warranty

• Advertisement

Looks like a PCB issue. Most places don't fix these issues. Is it a dead duck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Why do you think it's a pcb issue?
    Have you changed the screen already? Only pcb fault that would cause that is physical damage to the connector for the digitiZer

Advertisement