Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone believe in The Devil ?

• 31-12-2012 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Before you think I've lost the plot, I don't.

However, ever heard of the saying that the Devil's greatest achievement is convincing everyone he doesn't exist.

Just though it might get a few replies when you consider how much coverage the other lad gets.

Do you believe in The Devil ? 32 votes

No, no such yoke
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, there is a supernatural malevolent force
    78% 25 votes
    Is that the little man on the Man U badge?
    21% 7 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have you met my mother in law?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

dd972 wrote: »
    Before you think I've lost the plot, I don't.

However, ever heard of the saying that the Devil's greatest achievement is convincing everyone he doesn't exist.

Just though it might get a few replies when you consider how much coverage the other lad gets.

He's really very good at it as well.

Not doing anything or appearing anywhere. Yep, he's really mastered the art of convincing people he doesn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

i believe in him - although i dont think he's a man with devil horns. The devil creates all evil in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

3 years, 4 months later we have this question again :)

Maybe it's true that there's nothing new under the sun after all.

Here was my previous response:
    Yes, I believe in Satan's existence. The father of all lies, deception, temptation and hatred in this world.

I understand that people will no doubt disagree with me on this one as per usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

philologos wrote: »
    3 years, 4 months later we have this question again :)

Maybe it's true that there's nothing new under the sun after all.

Here was my previous response:

Jayzus you're fast replying with your spiritual radar detecting threads like this, you sure you're not some sort of divine power or something? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No I don't. It seems to be a handy excuse to stop people taking full responsibility for their actions "the devil got into me" and that kind of thing. If you do a bad thing own it, don't blame it on some mythical creature getting into your body and making you do things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

God is good ...and the 'Divil' is not too bad when you get to know him! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I don't believe in religion.

I also think Richard Dawkins is an idiot.

There I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

The devil made me do it-but I would have done it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Keyser Söze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    i believe in him - although i dont think he's a man with devil horns. The devil creates all evil in the world

Thats not the devil, people are generally just cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He has all the best songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

Satan - creator of all that is evil in the world? Rubbish.

People are responsible for their actions (discounting mentally ill people to a degree).

By acknowledging such a fantasy and giving it the credit it gets from certain quarters, then in my opinion you're relinquishing people of their responsibility, at least it can technically be played out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Thats not the devil, people are generally just cúnts.

people are not born '*****'. where does evil come from? everything comes from someplace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Take it to any number of the spiritual forums to discuss the existence of satan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement