Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewsWorld Superquinn S.C.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

sandin wrote: »
    :D
    But I would love to get my hands on it and turn it around.

Not possible surely?
    Same as Xtra vision is a dead duck, its the industry itself that's dying here.
    Granted everyone seems to agree that HMV was a static ostrich that refused to move with the times and did itself absolutely no favours with its non-response of the last decade or more.

Gotta love your enthusiasm for pretty much everything sandin and I'd say its the main reason you've made a success of yourself and may it never change or be changed by someone cautiously sceptical like myself!

But not a battle that would be winnable in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Yes, I'm the eternal optimist. But do so understanding the negatives and counteracting them.

As its gone way off the original topic, I've opened a thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82716058#post82716058 with my idea for the new HMV

and we'll see what other business boardsies think what hmv could do to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Remember, there are 1.9million houses in the country, just 600,000 mortages of which about 40,000 are in trouble and a further 50,000 have been renegotiated. - Its still less than 5% of households that have mortgage issues, leaving 95% of homes without mortgage or having no problem paying their mortgage.

Not sure where you got the figures from but 67000 mortgages are 6 months in arrears at the end of last year out of 760k residential mortgages

http://www.centralbank.ie/press-area/press-releases/Pages/MortgageArrearsandRepossessionStatisticsQ32012.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Remember, there are 1.9million houses in the country, just 600,000 mortages of which about 40,000 are in trouble and a further 50,000 have been renegotiated. - Its still less than 5% of households that have mortgage issues, leaving 95% of homes without mortgage or having no problem paying their mortgage.
    95% of homes mortgage free, plenty of cash ? Whats all this recession fuss all about ? Lets ignore the poor 5% and party like its 2005 !
    FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

95% of homes mortgage free, plenty of cash ? Whats all this recession fuss all about ? Lets ignore the poor 5% and party like its 2005 !
    FFS.

go to specsavers, get tested and then re-read the post.

95% of homeowners are mortgage free OR have no issue paying their mortgage.

and I never said ignore the 5%.

• Advertisement
Advertisement