Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't we been here before ? Well let's do it better this time !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you enjoying the cycling?

Try keep the cadence up by spinning a low gear where possible. Much better for your cardio and for building fitness. Most people wrongly think grinding a bigger gear is better for you.

Road bike or hybrid?

I'm not too sure yet :D

I much prefer running that's for sure. Cycling at times feels more of a chore but at the same time I'm happy to do it as it furthers the goal. I'm focused on the scales and cycling gives me another option to burn off calories. It takes longer to burn off the same calories though as a run would. Getting out on the bike in the lashing rain is harder than getting out for a run in the same weather too. There are times though that I do actually really enjoy the time on the bike. It's probably growing on me.

Interesting advice on the cadence. Will look into that a bit. I'm naturally on lower gears as the legs aren't there for the higher wheels. I would though be inclined to plough through a higher gear as possible when on the flat / downhill sections.

Bike is a standard mountain bike (I think ! - Not sure what qualifies as a hybrid)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm not too sure yet :D

I much prefer running that's for sure. Cycling at times feels more of a chore but at the same time I'm happy to do it as it furthers the goal. I'm focused on the scales and cycling gives me another option to burn off calories. It takes longer to burn off the same calories though as a run would. Getting out on the bike in the lashing rain is harder than getting out for a run in the same weather too. There are times though that I do actually really enjoy the time on the bike. It's probably growing on me.

Interesting advice on the cadence. Will look into that a bit. I'm naturally on lower gears as the legs aren't there for the higher wheels. I would though be inclined to plough through a higher gear as possible when on the flat / downhill sections.

Bike is a standard mountain bike (I think ! - Not sure what qualifies as a hybrid)

Don't forget that cycling is beaten only by swimming for cardio benefit. It'll definitely help you lose weight and will bring on your running leaps and bounds in the earlier stages. The benefits v running reduce over time but definitely stick at it for the summer.

A hybrid is basically a mountain bike style with skinny wheels ;)

If you are out for an hour At a time then you should look at a second hand road bike to get the most out of The spin

My bike would be full size / width tyres so definitely not hybrid. Will have to do some research on proper road bikes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Are you a member of a gym PM? If you are they'll more than likely have spinning bikes which are just as good as cycling outdoors. It can be off-putting to face into heading out onto the road when its freezing with gale force winds and lashing rain. The spin bikes makes training a little more palatable on bad weather days. I've been out for the last 10weeks with an achilles related problem and I've done 95% of my training on spin bikes, its rare that I'll head out on the road bike as the weather has been shocking and its just not enjoyable when conditions are that bad. I wear a HR monitor and blast away on the spin bikes and I have to say you can get some savage sessions done on them. A turbo is another option.

Not at the moment. Funds are ultra tight with the new baby :( I was in westpoint which would be ideal for me at the moment - plenty of bikes and a pool. It is on my agenda though. Hadn't thought about a turbo trainer for indoor cycling at all. It sounds a lot more attractive than getting out into the wind and rain. Thanks for that. Mind you a quick glance at the prices even pre owned would have me half way to a gym membership !

• Advertisement

Possibly over done things the last couple of days.

What was meant to happen in last 3 days:
    60 min cycle
    35 min run
    80 min cycle

What did happen:

Missed the 60 min cycle due on Saturday due to family stuff.

Decided to cycle to work on Sunday which would go some way to making up 2 sessions (plan was for a detour on way home to extend to 80 min) Last Sunday this cycle took 45 minutes. This Sunday I got to a point about 5 min away from work in 25 minutes. Crazy difference for what was the same amount of effort as far as I was concerned and really emphasises ecolis point earlier about not being hung up on pace as external factors change. Wind was non existent for this one and the rest day the day before seemed to make a big difference.

Anyway I'm looking down at my watch and working out that I would get there in 30 min which was way too short so I tagged on an extra 5k loop to make it 45 min. Done a couple of hours in work - was on a flying visit and heard from Mrs Messiah that her and the kids (KIDS ! still haven't gotten used to that being a plural) were down in the Phoenix Park. There's a detour for me :D which turned out to be 16k and 1 hour of a cycle. Had 30 min with them before another 45 min 11k mostly uphill back home. Total time on bike for the day 2.5 hours.

Today then left me with a planned 35 min run. Today though is usually my longer excercise day. Had the entire morning to myself and quite frankly thought that 35 min would be a waste. Decided to push the boat out a bit further and aim for 1 hour of a run. Did it but it was a struggle towards the end.

Weekly Sessions therefore turned out as:

Running: 35 min, 50 min and 1 hour.
    Cycling: 1 hour, 45 min, 1 hour, 45 min.

In hindsight pushing things two days in a row may have been a bit of a mistake as it could have been too much too soon. Taking a rest day tomorrow and will have an easy session on Wednesday to give the body a chance to recover. Delighted though to hit the 1 hour run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Weekly Sessions therefore turned out as:

Running: 35 min, 50 min and 1 hour.
    Cycling: 1 hour, 45 min, 1 hour, 45 min.

In hindsight pushing things two days in a row may have been a bit of a mistake as it could have been too much too soon. Taking a rest day tomorrow and will have an easy session on Wednesday to give the body a chance to recover. Delighted though to hit the 1 hour run.

That's a great weeks work PM, but yeah, easy steps....you know well yourself!

Weigh In Day:

Weight Last Week
    15 Stone 7.4 lbs

Weight This Week
    15 Stone 5.6 lbs

Weight Loss This Week
    1.8 lbs

Again a solid week of downward progress which I'm happy with.

Diet wise I'm not crucifying myself. Am eating healthier and smarter. Smaller portions of the bad stuff - bigger portions of the good stuff. :) There probably is more weight loss there on a weekly basis if I were to go all out on the diet, ie cut out the bad stuff altogether, cut out the biscuits with the tea etc but I'm happy with the balance at the moment. Weight is coming off through excercise, weight is also coming off through diet but I'm also not starving myself or eating food I don't like.

A somewhat sobering run tonight.

40 min total.

Even though this was off the back of a rest day and I went out at a gentle pace I found tonights run a real struggle. Had to stop and stretch for 30 seconds on two occasions. Legs were a lot sorer than they should have been. Breathing was also a struggle at times - kind of like a mini asthma attack. I had to slow down further to get through it. In short I just didn't feel up to it tonight and I strongly suspect this was at least in part due to doing too much over the weekend.

Not going to dwell on it though. Still knocked out 40 min. And a lesson well learned for the future. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

A somewhat sobering run tonight.

40 min total.

Even though this was off the back of a rest day and I went out at a gentle pace I found tonights run a real struggle. Had to stop and stretch for 30 seconds on two occasions. Legs were a lot sorer than they should have been. Breathing was also a struggle at times - kind of like a mini asthma attack. I had to slow down further to get through it. In short I just didn't feel up to it tonight and I strongly suspect this was at least in part due to doing too much over the weekend.

Not going to dwell on it though. Still knocked out 40 min. And a lesson well learned for the future. :)

I feel your pain PM. I'm coming back too and over did it the past 4 days. I had to go to bed after work and have a cold sore which always means I'm run down. Hopefully we feel in better spirits for it tomorrow. I don't know how much sleep you're getting but on accounts of me running in the evening during the week I find it hard to sleep at night. I may as well have a baby, at least I'd be awake for good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Weigh In Day:

Weight Last Week
    15 Stone 7.4 lbs

Weight This Week
    15 Stone 5.6 lbs

Weight Loss This Week
    1.8 lbs

Again a solid week of downward progress which I'm happy with.

Diet wise I'm not crucifying myself. Am eating healthier and smarter. Smaller portions of the bad stuff - bigger portions of the good stuff. :) There probably is more weight loss there on a weekly basis if I were to go all out on the diet, ie cut out the bad stuff altogether, cut out the biscuits with the tea etc but I'm happy with the balance at the moment. Weight is coming off through excercise, weight is also coming off through diet but I'm also not starving myself or eating food I don't like.

PM, well done. I'm no expert, but sounds like you've hit on the perfect plan for sustainable weight loss.....slow and steady.

I know "they" say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, but I honestly found, when I was running the weight poured off with only minor diet changes. I lost 3 stone over a year of running and really didn't change my diet much, just cut out stuff like crisps, biscuits, fizzy drinks. Quantity wise I think I ate more! Unfortunately been out injured for last couple of weeks (six more in prospect!:() and have already added a couple of pounds back...(probably comfort eating as feeling a bit down about my DCM plans)

Big Logger wrote: »
    I feel your pain PM. I'm coming back too and over did it the past 4 days. I had to go to bed after work and have a cold sore which always means I'm run down. Hopefully we feel in better spirits for it tomorrow. I don't know how much sleep you're getting but on accounts of me running in the evening during the week I find it hard to sleep at night. I may as well have a baby, at least I'd be awake for good reason.

I'm not getting as much as I need that's for sure :D Part of my issue last night was also running so late in the day. Had to wait for the 7 year old to settle before I got out (leaving Mrs Messiah feeding and putting down the 9 week old) Normally I try and get out before bedtime but it wasn't to be last night. Over doing it though is the main thing - if I hadn't of pushed the boat out in the previous days I'd have been able to cope with it better. It's all progress though. :)

greenb wrote: »
    PM, well done. I'm no expert, but sounds like you've hit on the perfect plan for sustainable weight loss.....slow and steady.

I know "they" say weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise, but I honestly found, when I was running the weight poured off with only minor diet changes. I lost 3 stone over a year of running and really didn't change my diet much, just cut out stuff like crisps, biscuits, fizzy drinks. Quantity wise I think I ate more! Unfortunately been out injured for last couple of weeks (six more in prospect!:() and have already added a couple of pounds back...(probably comfort eating as feeling a bit down about my DCM plans)

It's an interesting thing - the relationship between running and weight loss.

Science wise the 80% diet 20% excercise holds up (for me it's about 70% diet and 30% excercise) That's based on the pure maths of 1lb = 3500 calories (that in itself is open to a certain bit of debate but it's in and around that) I've tracked my excercise and worked out how many calories I have burned etc to work out how much has been excercise and how much diet.

At the same time though I believe that by getting into the mindset of running and excercising that the body naturally gears up for weight loss on many levels. You are less likely to crave bars, crisps and total junk food. Maybe it's a sub concious thing - is it that such food gives you an artificial high that you no longer need ? Or is there something in the back of your head looking at calorie contents and working out how much of your daily calories or worse still excercise is being spent on the item ? I tend to see food now as a currency which I try and spend on a balanced level. I still am having a biscuit or two :eek: with my tea but I'm not anywhere near tempted to eat more. Likewise with eating out - was quite happy to eat a chicken caesar salad the other night knowing that the sauce wasn't the ideally healthy option but it was a very enjoyable meal that in my own internal currency was spending a lot less than perhaps the slightly more enjoyable Lasagne but which was a very very expensive option.

This is also likely scientifically unsound to say the least but I firmly believe that once in the mind set to lose weight that the body responds to this and lets go of some weight naturally. There are times that the weight does come off even when the eating / pure maths of the calorie counting of the previous week might lead you to the conclusion that weight gain would be inevitable.

When I wasn't running and therefore wasn't paying attention to my body the weight piled on more than perhaps would be expected. Now that I am paying attention and balancing the food out the weight is coming off at a steady rate above and beyond what the pure maths of it would conclude. (It could be of course that 1lb = 2500 calories for me :D) Either way I'm happy with what I'm eating, still eating the forbidden stuff but just in moderation and at a level I'm happy with, not following a strict diet and seeing weight come off and the running get easier.

With all of the above in mind and my history when out injured after DCM I'm not surprised at all that the weight is creeping a bit for you. I'd urge you though to not feel down about the DCM plans - stay focussed on them, excercise what you can be that swimming or something else that won't effect the injury. If you stay focussed on that goal I firmly believe your weight will behave itself even if you're not getting as much excercise as you would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

It's an interesting thing - the relationship between running and weight loss.

Science wise the 80% diet 20% excercise holds up (for me it's about 70% diet and 30% excercise) That's based on the pure maths of 1lb = 3500 calories (that in itself is open to a certain bit of debate but it's in and around that) I've tracked my excercise and worked out how many calories I have burned etc to work out how much has been excercise and how much diet.

At the same time though I believe that by getting into the mindset of running and excercising that the body naturally gears up for weight loss on many levels. You are less likely to crave bars, crisps and total junk food. Maybe it's a sub concious thing - is it that such food gives you an artificial high that you no longer need ? Or is there something in the back of your head looking at calorie contents and working out how much of your daily calories or worse still excercise is being spent on the item ? I tend to see food now as a currency which I try and spend on a balanced level. I still am having a biscuit or two :eek: with my tea but I'm not anywhere near tempted to eat more. Likewise with eating out - was quite happy to eat a chicken caesar salad the other night knowing that the sauce wasn't the ideally healthy option but it was a very enjoyable meal that in my own internal currency was spending a lot less than perhaps the slightly more enjoyable Lasagne but which was a very very expensive option.

This is also likely scientifically unsound to say the least but I firmly believe that once in the mind set to lose weight that the body responds to this and lets go of some weight naturally. There are times that the weight does come off even when the eating / pure maths of the calorie counting of the previous week might lead you to the conclusion that weight gain would be inevitable.

When I wasn't running and therefore wasn't paying attention to my body the weight piled on more than perhaps would be expected. Now that I am paying attention and balancing the food out the weight is coming off at a steady rate above and beyond what the pure maths of it would conclude. (It could be of course that 1lb = 2500 calories for me :D) Either way I'm happy with what I'm eating, still eating the forbidden stuff but just in moderation and at a level I'm happy with, not following a strict diet and seeing weight come off and the running get easier.

With all of the above in mind and my history when out injured after DCM I'm not surprised at all that the weight is creeping a bit for you. I'd urge you though to not feel down about the DCM plans - stay focussed on them, excercise what you can be that swimming or something else that won't effect the injury. If you stay focussed on that goal I firmly believe your weight will behave itself even if you're not getting as much excercise as you would like.

Fair play PM, after all off the trouble being injured and a new edition in the family you are coming back to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I'm not getting as much as I need that's for sure :D Part of my issue last night was also running so late in the day. Had to wait for the 7 year old to settle before I got out (leaving Mrs Messiah feeding and putting down the 9 week old) Normally I try and get out before bedtime but it wasn't to be last night. Over doing it though is the main thing - if I hadn't of pushed the boat out in the previous days I'd have been able to cope with it better. It's all progress though. :)

Honestly PM I really dont think you over cooked the training, it looks like you were failry sensible. Sounds like more of a lack of sleep issue than anything. Diet plays a massive role in how zonked you might feel aswell. Have you ever read "Thrive" by Brendan brazier? Its a great book, lots of stuff you might not know when it comes to food and the effect it has on your body and energy levels in general.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrive-Nutrition-Optimal-Performance-Healthy/dp/0738212547/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369330965&sr=1-6&keywords=the+thrive+diet

tunguska wrote: »
    Honestly PM I really dont think you over cooked the training, it looks like you were failry sensible. Sounds like more of a lack of sleep issue than anything. Diet plays a massive role in how zonked you might feel aswell. Have you ever read "Thrive" by Brendan brazier? Its a great book, lots of stuff you might not know when it comes to food and the effect it has on your body and energy levels in general.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrive-Nutrition-Optimal-Performance-Healthy/dp/0738212547/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1369330965&sr=1-6&keywords=the+thrive+diet

Cheers tunguska

Could well be a sleep issue. Functioning on a day to day basis never mind running or exercising is a challenge :D I put it down to the previous sessions as things had been going relatively smoothly (on the same level / diminished sleep) and then bang the energy just wasn't there for that session. Got to be honest with you vegan diets etc wouldn't be for me but I would be interested to read the science and research behind the book.

Late in from work tonight. Helped out with the kids. Suddenly it's 9.00pm and I'm REALLY not fancying the scheduled 1 hour cycle. Sitting on the side of the bed half heartedly getting my gear together looking for my inner HTFU and commenting to Mrs Messiah that it's an awful night for a cycle (it was very windy and the heavens were about to open) and she says the immortal words: **** off out that door and don't come back for an hour. :D

It's great to have a supportive partner. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

she says the immortal words: **** off out that door and don't come back for an hour. :D

Haha, brilliant! She only wanted a bit of peace and quiet!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Late in from work tonight. Helped out with the kids. Suddenly it's 9.00pm and I'm REALLY not fancying the scheduled 1 hour cycle. Sitting on the side of the bed half heartedly getting my gear together looking for my inner HTFU and commenting to Mrs Messiah that it's an awful night for a cycle (it was very windy and the heavens were about to open) and she says the immortal words: **** off out that door and don't come back for an hour. :D

It's great to have a supportive partner. :pac:

I wouldn't argue with her, its great to have that support system behind you

40 min run done this morning. Again needed a quick stop to stretch out tight muscles.

Am out tonight for a few pints with my father and brother. It's a rare occasion we get together so I'm allowing myself a night off from the diet. If it costs me a bit of weight loss on Monday then so be it. Will be aiming to work off as many of the beer calories as I can though as extra excercise. :)

• Advertisement

Interesting snap shot of the short term effects of what you eat / drink on your weight.

Had a sneaky weigh in yesterday after the run. At this point I would have been at my lowest weight (and not a true weigh in weight) as I was weighing in directly after excercise and having lost / sweated out a lot of fluids. I weighed in at 15 St 3.8 lbs.

Out last night had a few pints and half a small kebab + chips on way home. Weighed in this morning 15st 8.8 lbs. A whopping 5 lb increase on yesterday and over 3 lbs increase on last weeks weigh in.

Obviously I didn't consume 15,000 calories last night and the majority of that weight will filter out over the next couple of days but it is interesting to see the such a dramatic change overnight. Even with that knowledge though I got my arse onto the bike and cycled to work this morning to begin working it off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Interesting snap shot of the short term effects of what you eat / drink on your weight.

You're probably familiar with the concept of tracking trend weight as well as actual weight? The former is designed to give a more accurate snapshot by minimising the effect of normal weight fluctuations.

Is it really necessary to weigh yourself so often pm? I know I would feel better forgetting the scales for a few months and just concentrating on the other aspects of sport and diet. You will know by your clothes. This isnt criticism by the way, just an observation.

murphd77 wrote: »
    You're probably familiar with the concept of tracking trend weight as well as actual weight? The former is designed to give a more accurate snapshot by minimising the effect of normal weight fluctuations.

Had a quick google of it there as I hadn't heard of the term before. I'd have said in advance that trend weight would be looking at the wider picture and comparing things on a longer term basis rather than worrying about things on a day to day basis. I think that seems to be an accurate enough description. :)

Big Logger wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to weigh yourself so often pm? I know I would feel better forgetting the scales for a few months and just concentrating on the other aspects of sport and diet. You will know by your clothes. This isnt criticism by the way, just an observation.

For me personally yes. I'm a bit obsessive though. I like to get into the finer details of things, analyse and understand exactly what is happening and why. If I left the scales for a month I'd be eaten alive second guessing myself and my excercise + eating habits. It's just in my nature but I do get where you're coming from. In regards to the weighing the before and after the night out that's just me experimenting and understanding how many days it takes for a stepping out of line as such to work itself out. It genuinely interests me but I'm sure to some they'd question my sanity. :D

All in all though I'm not hung up on the short term changes. This is a long term project.

Had a quick google of it there as I hadn't heard of the term before. I'd have said in advance that trend weight would be looking at the wider picture and comparing things on a longer term basis rather than worrying about things on a day to day basis. I think that seems to be an accurate enough description. :)

For me personally yes. I'm a bit obsessive though. I like to get into the finer details of things, analyse and understand exactly what is happening and why. If I left the scales for a month I'd be eaten alive second guessing myself and my excercise + eating habits. It's just in my nature but I do get where you're coming from. In regards to the weighing the before and after the night out that's just me experimenting and understanding how many days it takes for a stepping out of line as such to work itself out. It genuinely interests me but I'm sure to some they'd question my sanity. :D

All in all though I'm not hung up on the short term changes. This is a long term project.

It sounds as if you're enjoying the experimenting with the project and it is a talking point as well I suppose.

My take on something like that would be to not include and saturated fats over 4% in the weekly shop. To buy a maximum of one packet of biscuits/sweeties. Buy 95% lean mince, chicken/turkey and then veg and fruit.
    To not buy into any low fat gimics which are supposed to have more chemicals than goodness in them.
    I do not own a weighing scales and never will. I'd be able to tell my weight by my clothes

How do yu manage the shopping etc and how many meals a day do you eat?

My sister and her husband are champion body builders and they eat 6 times a day. They swear by the eating little and often type of diet.

Shopping is done primarily by Mrs M so I kind of make what I can from what's there / put in requests for specific dinners etc.

My "plan" if you can call it a plan isn't 100% structured. To give an over view though..

• Breakfast is either porridge made with water (dash of honey or maple syrup for flavour, weetabix or toast / croissant for a treat.
    • Lunch would be sandwich, wrap or soup or a small portion of previous nights dinner.
    • Dinners vary - no real concrete plan here at all but what I do is eat smarter. I eat more salads, chicken, lean mince based meals than I previously would have and I change the meal / portion sizes of the not so good stuff. For example instead of a burger and chips (which would be a treat dinner) I'd have a home made lean mince burger in pitta bread rather than a burger bun. I'd also have half the portion of chips I would previously have had. Eating more vegetables - adding veg into stir frys etc to fill the belly up on good food. Sometimes I am only getting to eat dinner after 9.00pm which isn't a good idea for weight loss but that's the way things are with juggling work, kids and excercise.
    • Snacks during the day in between meals are primarily fruit based (apples, bananas in particular which wouldn't be 100% ideal for a diet) or brown bread and peanut butter (delicious) but I do have tea + biscuit or mini bar daily.
    In the greater scheme of things I could do a good bit more to help shift the weight - and indeed I may have to as things progress but for the moment weight is coming off at a rate I am more than happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Try some granola with the weetabix....

F€ckin lovely combo

Gavlor wrote: »
    Try some granola with the weetabix....

F€ckin lovely combo

Regular Granola has a very high content of sugar, you'd have to go for some organic one which would work out very expensive.

Since my sister started lifting (not shop lifting :D) i've found out exactly what sugar and fat is in what and it made my jaw drop.
    All the labels on foods that claim to be good for you. They say high protein but also have over 20% sugar and that kind of false advertising.

Shopping is done primarily by Mrs M so I kind of make what I can from what's there / put in requests for specific dinners etc.

My "plan" if you can call it a plan isn't 100% structured. To give an over view though..

• Breakfast is either porridge made with water (dash of honey or maple syrup for flavour, weetabix or toast / croissant for a treat.
    • Lunch would be sandwich, wrap or soup or a small portion of previous nights dinner.
    • Dinners vary - no real concrete plan here at all but what I do is eat smarter. I eat more salads, chicken, lean mince based meals than I previously would have and I change the meal / portion sizes of the not so good stuff. For example instead of a burger and chips (which would be a treat dinner) I'd have a home made lean mince burger in pitta bread rather than a burger bun. I'd also have half the portion of chips I would previously have had. Eating more vegetables - adding veg into stir frys etc to fill the belly up on good food. Sometimes I am only getting to eat dinner after 9.00pm which isn't a good idea for weight loss but that's the way things are with juggling work, kids and excercise.
    • Snacks during the day in between meals are primarily fruit based (apples, bananas in particular which wouldn't be 100% ideal for a diet) or brown bread and peanut butter (delicious) but I do have tea + biscuit or mini bar daily.
    In the greater scheme of things I could do a good bit more to help shift the weight - and indeed I may have to as things progress but for the moment weight is coming off at a rate I am more than happy with.
    sounds nice and practical, not like a diet at all, just healthy eating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

If you are serious about the weight loss ditch the biscuits/mini bars and the kebabs and chips! (Even if its half portion) You are at the start of your weight loss journey and weight will come off now with just a little effort in cutting back. You need to get really good habits in place to keep losing on a weekly basis long term. That has been my experience anyway.

Advertisement