Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Deccies

Options
  • 31-12-2012 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

why are people already taking them down its suppose to be 6th jan aint it after all some people have had them up since 6th dec????????

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I suppose it is Jan 6th if you are superstitious. for me though... christmas is over so bye bye decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My central heating burst a pipe last feb. Concrete floors had to be jacked up, lost all the furniture in one of the bedrooms. Anywho the same/another pipe burst in December. I have had no heating all Christmas. The plumber has decided that instead of jacking up goodness knows how much floor to find the leak he is going to cut off access from the heating to the pipes under the floor and run new pipes in all the rooms along the walls. Said work starts tomorrow or the next day. He is also a galumphing so and so. Therefore my precious decorations have to come down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Will leave them up until 6th of Jan. The branches have started to droop a bit but no shedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Mine only went up a week before Christmas so will leave them up until January 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Saturday 12th here, one more week, one more week :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Back to work today so took down the ones around my desk cos I just couldn't be looking at them now that the holidays are over!

Decorations will stay up at home though until Sunday I reckon - depends on when we have the time/are in the humour to take them down though :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

leahyl wrote: »
    Back to work today so took down the ones around my desk cos I just couldn't be looking at them now that the holidays are over!

Decorations will stay up at home though until Sunday I reckon - depends on when we have the time/are in the humour to take them down though :pac:

Same as myself. As someone mentioned, it was like Santa got sick in the office. I was proud of the tackyness, but alas, they had to come down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm the same- took some of the work decorations and the work tree down yesterday.
    I have put a few things away at home and am taking the wreath off my front door today, but the tree will remain until Sunday. Dreading my sitting room and kitchen with no trees- they're going to look awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

6th/7th Jan for us always, although I have noticed a shift in the last year or two, wherby the tree + deccies go up way too early
    (like two or three weeks before Christmas day), then they come down just a few days into Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Mine will come down at the weekend.
    Hate when the decorations come down :( House looks bare and dull and feels less cosy, as if it isn't depressing enough that Christmas is over

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Mine will come down at the weekend.
    Hate when the decorations come down :( House looks bare and dull and feels less cosy, as if it isn't depressing enough that Christmas is over

+1 for this! The warm glow of the Christmas lights are lovely, will miss them when they're gone! If only there were year round excuses for decorations :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

lockie1983 wrote: »
    +1 for this! The warm glow of the Christmas lights are lovely, will miss them when they're gone! If only there were year round excuses for decorations :P

One year we left the lights around a pot of dried flowers in the living room on until the clocks went forward and put them back on at the end of October. They died just before the next Christmas. I'm half tempted to do it again this year, it made the room lovely and cosy in the evening.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sunbeam wrote: »

One year we left the lights around a pot of dried flowers in the living room on until the clocks went forward and put them back on at the end of October. They died just before the next Christmas. I'm half tempted to do it again this year, it made the room lovely and cosy in the evening.

Great idea. I might do the same myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Always the 6th Jan for us, but they don't go up until around the 20th - was actually Christmas Eve this year. I might take them down on Saturday 5th for convenience sake this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Today . School on Monday so it's to hectic

Advertisement