Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Naas

Options
  • 31-12-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and wife will be moving to Naas in next 3-4 months. Can someone advice/info on-

1. Good areas to rent 2/3 bed house/appt.
    2. No go areas
    3. Estate agents

The options on daft are not many.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

cais wrote: »
    Myself and wife will be moving to Naas in next 3-4 months. Can someone advice/info on-
    First off; where'll you be working? No point in having to go through the town every day if you don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

the_syco wrote: »
    First off; where'll you be working? No point in having to go through the town every day if you don't have to.

Near Millenium Bussiness Park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi,

1. Good areas to rent 2/3 bed house/appt.
    2. No go areas
    3. Estate agents

The options on daft are not many.

Thanks

We moved to naas in July,really liking it so far.we moved to millbridge way, really nice estate. It's a lovely and quiet estate with nice houses / apartments in an area within 10minutes walk from the town centre and 5mins walk from the canal.

As stated above, what area will you working in? Heading north or south?

We had best luck on daft by the way. Found estate agents very poor to returning with information.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Caragh Court will be cheap and very close to Millenium Park. And its very quiet there with plenty of space and green areas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The Monread/Morell area would be an area to consider, as would parts of Sallins if the Millenium Park/Osberstown area is where you're working.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I second what Buffy said. We rented in Morell for over 3 years, then bought near the gym in monread. We're here for good now.

As for no go areas, i don't think there are any. No place would bother me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, not so much to be avoided, but Lakelands (which is at the other end of the town) has a lot of older houses, so you'd want to check the BER rating, as when I rented there 4 or 5 years ago, the house had no insulation :( Wasn't renting that long so didn't know to check for it, but wherever you plan to move into, check the insulation, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

been living in Naas over 16yrs
    Caragh Court is handy now for the Millenium Park...5 min drive or 15-20 min walk depending on where in Caragh Court and where in Millenium Park...Caragh Court is a long estate
    Morrell is also really handy

Throw up a few links and we can help

Do you have your own transport or will you be walking/cycling to work?

Also if you have kids, where do you plan to send them to school as this might have a bearing on where to live

Sherry Fitz are probably one of the bigger agents in the town

A few suggestions based on 2 bedrooms

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1292295

Says its Caragh, but still not far of a drive to Millenium Park
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1268614

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    been living in Naas over 16yrs
    Caragh Court is handy now for the Millenium Park...5 min drive or 15-20 min walk depending on where in Caragh Court and where in Millenium Park...Caragh Court is a long estate
    Morrell is also really handy

Throw up a few links and we can help

Do you have your own transport or will you be walking/cycling to work?

Also if you have kids, where do you plan to send them to school as this might have a bearing on where to live

Sherry Fitz are probably one of the bigger agents in the town

A few suggestions based on 2 bedrooms

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1292295

Says its Caragh, but still not far of a drive to Millenium Park
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1268614

Thanks Lex-

I will be driving to work. We do not have any kids at the moment but hope to start family soon :)

Is there any local newspaper for house adverts (all I know is Leinster Leader which does not have Naas specific adverts)? I would prefer to deal directly with house owner rather than letting agent (this may be a wishful thinking).

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

driving to naas, is it quicker to get there getting off at kilcock or maynooth? aa says at maynooth,but map looks like you should get off just after toll at kilcock?which is best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

driving to naas, is it quicker to get there getting off at kilcock or maynooth? aa says at maynooth,but map looks like you should get off just after toll at kilcock?which is best

From Galway direction? then yes, get off at Kilcock. Or to avoid Sallins & Naas during school drop off times then get off at Maynooth, then Straffan and onto the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

From Galway direction? then yes, get off at Kilcock. Or to avoid Sallins & Naas during school drop off times then get off at Maynooth, then Straffan and onto the N7.

yes from galway ?
    il be heading there at school times. so you would suggest maynooth , then straffan ..it just looks longer on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

I suppose it depends on where you are going to in Naas.

If its the centre of Naas then go though Sallins.

If its near Johnstown or B&Q at the other end, so anywhere just off the N7 then go through Stafffan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thanks Lex-
    Is there any local newspaper for house adverts (all I know is Leinster Leader which does not have Naas specific adverts)? I would prefer to deal directly with house owner rather than letting agent (this may be a wishful thinking).

Thanks again
    Not really sure about papers...you could try Tesco notice board. There is also Leinster Leader, or just use daft.ie

I have done both
    Maynooth exit to Naas exit 9 through Straffan is approx 22-25 min, no more.

Kilcock exit to Naas can vary a lot. You have to factor in going through Clane and then Sallins, then the traffic to Millenium roundabout and these could add 15 minutes to your journey. The Maynooth way is definitely longer but at times could be quicker

It depends on time of day and luck of the draw if you get stuck behind a tractor or truck

Advertisement