Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen lost her Christmas 50euro pressie!

Options
  • 31-12-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Today my 14 year old daughter had her Christmas pressie money in town and for some mad reason thought a 50 euro note would be safer rolled up in her back pocket under her phone than in her bag :rolleyes:

Somewhere along the way she lost it (between lunch time & 4PM) and is now devastated! I said I would post here on the off chance that someone found it and handed it in to a shop. If anyone did they can PM me.

She thinks it was most likely lost in the Galway Shopping Centre and gave them her details there but can't rule out that it might have been lost in the city where we were around Shop Street/corrib shopping centre/eyre sq shopping centre/supermacs!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the cash, but you never know, best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

ah the poor girl, i had a bag stolen from my buggy not long ago in town, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭galwaynative

It is rough alright.
    Not helped by me giving her the 'should have been more careful/won't do that again/money doesn't grow on trees' talk!! :D
    I did say to her that if it was found it was hopefully found by someone who really needed the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Is she sure that were she put it? another pair of jeans perhaps? my daughter changes several times before she goes out,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Toilet floors are where notes in jeans often end up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 VideoKid

I did say to her that if it was found it was hopefully found by someone who really needed the money.

I always say that when i lose something in town. Hopefully she'll get it back, or at least learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If it's any consolation, my dad just admitted that he dropped and broke the 80 quid dashcam I got him for Christmas yesterday, so it works both ways. :)

Best of luck anyway, it's a killer at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Its only 50 quid, surely you can just give her another?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

ah but if parents were to replace everything a child/teenager lost or broke they would never learn to mind there money or things.
    i wouldnt replace it, she will remember next time and mind her money.

No, for the exact reasons outlined by shot2go above!

What I have said is that she can earn some extra money by doing some jobs for me before going back to school.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

No, for the exact reasons outlined by shot2go above!

What I have said is that she can earn some extra money by doing some jobs for me before going back to school.

Why-Did-the-Grinch-Hate-Christmas.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1292510124160

Love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Shanley wrote: »

That's pretty close to the worst advice I've ever seen on Boards.

If you want your kids to turn into spoiled brats, unable to solve their own problems or cope with the challenges that life has for them ... then run around behind then whisking away every little problem, undoing every mistake that they make.

Fifty euro is a big deal to a teen. And to some adults too, eg it's two weeks groceries if you shop carefully.

But unless it really is for life-essentials, the teen will get over it and will learn to be more careful in future.

Merry Christmas to you too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

In fairness she probably spent it and is hoping you'll be the soft touch and give her another 50.

The real question is if she found €50 would she have attempted to hand it back? Probably to her Mum, but what would her Mum have done? :P Spent it of course, get over yourselves before I start ranting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Shanley wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to you too :P

I take it you don't have kids, let alone teens?

Advertisement