Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2013 & Events list

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Well done Fazz on the swim silver! Clear water between you and the chasing pack:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Well done Fazz on the swim silver! Clear water between you and the chasing pack:D

Ha thanks!
    If only it were to be like that in races eh :-)

You are flying in the lengths too for a sprint focus fair play!
    Athlone national champs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Fazz wrote: »

You are flying in the lengths too for a sprint focus fair play!
    Athlone national champs?

No, just keep fit and dossing. My bike and run km's are tiny in comparison! Swim is flattered as fat floats well, and I have an eye on some OW swim races in the summer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Just a reminder that the sort order is Target Points and then SBR Score

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

tunney wrote: »
    Just a reminder that the sort order is Target Points and then SBR Score
    I fixed that a while back. Only one sort needed now. O/A rank. The target points are deducted from the SBR score (hence why Fazz is on -4) and ranked automatically.

• Advertisement

I fixed that a while back. Only one sort needed now. O/A rank. The target points are deducted from the SBR score (hence why Fazz is on -4) and ranked automatically.

Apoligies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

still allowed to join? and if so, can i put in my totals already done this year?

if it helps, i haven't gotten close to any of the totals mentioned yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

mossym wrote: »
    still allowed to join? and if so, can i put in my totals already done this year?

if it helps, i haven't gotten close to any of the totals mentioned yet

Of course you can :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

okay joined. must try and keep it updated. luckily could pull the year to date totals out of garmin connect pretty easily

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Finally I hit my first target-swim bronze, should have happened weeks ago but anyway....

I'm still on a SBR Score of 38 however, target hit pts of -3 not accounted for yet, I'm sure MCOS will sort it :)

• Advertisement

Sorted El D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Just a quick update on my training (post London marathon) which I would rather forget. Training for London went so well and I showed up really confident. Let's just say I wilted:
    Wilted: Verb
    1. (of a plant, leaf, or flower) Become limp through heat, loss of water, or disease; droop.
    2. (of a person) Lose one's energy or vigour.

That verb is such an apt description. Heart rate at mile five was at race pace :eek: so I soldiered on, enjoyed the experience and finished in 4 hours. What I learned from the experience is that mentally I can turn a negative into a positive during a race. Call it bluffing myself but facing the pain afterwards is pretty devastating. I also learned not to spend the day before a marathon in the sun and to hydrate. Should have known better.....
    Needless to say recovery has been quick (one positive!).
    I have decided not to do IM Bolton this year. Not feeling the drive to train for it and on reflection maybe a little too ambitious (first IM).
    I am enjoying training at the moment and going to continue with this. May consider DCM but will see.
    Thank you for the PMs and apologies for the delay in replying, facing reality takes time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sounds like you had a similar day to me in London. I swore I wouldn't overanalyse but it's still playing on my mind. Have no interest in making ammends with the marathon at the moment, they've been too unkind to me :D Think I'd had 3 good ones that went exactly to plan...out of 9(?) marathons thats a crappy percentage. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Finally reached bronze bike. 2 weeks earlier than last year at least but way behind where I thought I would hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I'm just posting to say shame on you. Shame on all of you. I haven't updated any training for a full month now (theres been nothing to update) yet I'm still sitting in third.

You should all be very ashamed.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im slowly catching you and i had all of January off so theres my excuse ;-)

Grump grumpy little hobbit.

BTH try 3 months off and you will slip fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Technically he is in 3rd but i wanted him to feel better about himself, bad enough with him being ginger.

edit: i think someone was taking the piss out of me btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Technically he is in 3rd but i wanted him to feel better about himself, bad enough with him being ginger.

excuse me nothing wrong with being ginger, :mad:

BennyMul wrote: »

Yes but when he looks like a girl as well its a bit much.:)

• Advertisement

Bambaata wrote: »
    Im slowly catching you and i had all of January off so theres my excuse ;-)

Once you get close enough I'll update with the little bit of biking I have done :cool:

With surgery lined up for 8 July, and a three week recovery before I can train again, that'll have me out of the pool and not running for 100days. I should be well down the list by then.

edit: i think someone was taking the piss out of me btw :)

Thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:
    BennyMul wrote: »

At least I'm not the only one!
    Yes but when he looks like a girl as well its a bit much.:)

Again, thanks, I've been working on my breasts!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Cycle target hit at last :)

Who's the new kid with all the junk miles done?? :confused:;):p

Who's the new kid with all the junk miles done?? :confused:;):p

Yeah its a bit like that:P, someone has to keep you honest. You should get out and ride your bike more often:)

Yeah its a bit like that:P, someone has to keep you honest. You should get out and ride your bike more often:)

Do you put down the actual distance or reflect how a "big person km" feels to you?

tunney wrote: »
    Do you put down the actual distance or reflect how a "big person km" feels to you?

ratio of 1.5

And you should learn about recovery more instead of flogging out a hard 40k the day after, followed by a 3.5hr brick 2 days after a HIM.... ;)

Fatigue/injury risk city.... population Jackyback :D:p

And you should learn about recovery more instead of flogging out a hard 40k the day after, followed by a 3.5hr brick 2 days after a HIM.... ;)

Fatigue/injury risk city.... population Jackyback :D:p

You both could do with a few months off. 7 weeks now for me, and I'm only half way through my swim and run break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Sorry BTH but ive just notched you down a bit ;-)

• Advertisement

Bambaata wrote: »
    Sorry BTH but ive just notched you down a bit ;-)

Well it's about bloody time :P

Advertisement