Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Alarm problem

Options
  • 31-12-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I just got a GSM alarm.... I know the risk but its better than what I had before!!
    Problem is a sim card to use.

Bought a Meteor pay as you go sim which is a compatible frequency but the system wont recognise it. On review of the SIM instructions a SIM pin has to be input each time the SIM is powered on a phone. The alarm panel doesn't ask for this code... it just cant get on network.

Is there a special SIM I should be getting?

Thanks for any advice.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try putting the sim in your phone and disabling the pin code- Setting > Security > Pin Code it's slightly different in each phone but that's roughly where you'll find it.

A word of warning, numbers usually get cancelled after a number of months of not being used so every few months set the alarm off to keep the number active.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭themoneyguy

Thanks for the pointer....

Now I gotta get my hands on an old phone to get at the sim..... iphone is no use....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Gillo wrote: »
    Try putting the sim in your phone and disabling the pin code- Setting > Security > Pin Code it's slightly different in each phone but that's roughly where you'll find it.

A word of warning, numbers usually get cancelled after a number of months of not being used so every few months set the alarm off to keep the number active.

Or have it send a test sms to the engineer, so you wouldn't have to have the alarm activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »

Or have it send a test sms to the engineer, so you wouldn't have to have the alarm activate.
    LOL my knowledge of alarms is very limited!!!

If you can't find an old phone bring the sim into a meteor store and ask them to take off the pin, it'll take a whole twenty seconds.

Advertisement