Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing mail settings (MAC)

• 31-12-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Howdy.
    I've recently upgraded OS to snow Lion but at same time UPC swapped out my router.
    All mail accounts from entourage, site mail and gmail are not sending. iPhone will send so I reckon its nothing to do with router.

Any suggestions? Cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

getting any error messages?
    if the internet is with upc you would need to get on to them. in most cases the outgoing server setting should be those of your internet provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Your outgoing mail server should be smtp.upcmail.ie No authentication is needed, and you use standard ports.

However, gmail should be using it's own mail server for sending.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It would help if you stated the accounts you are using.

Generally as stated above you need to use the outgoing server of your isp but if you are using imap settings that might not be the case.

Changing a router should not affect your email settings.

What settings is your iphone using? (Presumably it is on wifi when sending) otherwise thats not particularly relevant to this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Baneblade wrote: »
    getting any error messages?
    if the internet is with upc you would need to get on to them. in most cases the outgoing server setting should be those of your internet provider
    Paulw wrote: »
    Your outgoing mail server should be smtp.upcmail.ie No authentication is needed, and you use standard ports.

However, gmail should be using it's own mail server for sending.

@Baneblade and Paul - I have the settings as they were before router swap and OS upgrade - nothing has changed
    dub45 wrote: »
    It would help if you stated the accounts you are using.

Generally as stated above you need to use the outgoing server of your isp but if you are using imap settings that might not be the case.

Changing a router should not affect your email settings.

What settings is your iphone using? (Presumably it is on wifi when sending) otherwise thats not particularly relevant to this problem.

@dub45 the settings are for pop for my site mail and gmail.

Same settings for iPhone over wifi but the outgoing mail is working so it makes me think that there is an issue with mac and router.

Advertisement