Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entropia - inverted eye lashes ?

• 31-12-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Our st Bernard suffers this in one eye & we are looking at surgery to correct this? Any idea of the cost? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

TinaOT wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Our st Bernard suffers this in one eye & we are looking at surgery to correct this? Any idea of the cost? Thanks

Leanne at Barna Vets does this. Are you near Galway? Not sure on cost I would think she would be able to give you idea over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tawneyowl

We had same problem with our rescued cat..cost us about one hundred euro. When our cat had the first procedure done, vet removed a small piece of skin from below his eyelash line then pulled the skin together with a couple of stitches in the hope that the amount of skin removed will be enough to turn eyelashes outward. Unfortunately when swelling went down it turned out that vet had not removed enough skin and poor cat had to have whole thing done again! It went great second time round. That was about a year ago and our cat has never looked back.:) I would really recommend getting it done if your dog is in as much discomfort and pain as our cat was, you could not leave it undone. I know a St. Bernard is a lot lot bigger than a cat so not sure how much more expensive it would be.

Advertisement