Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get online in Fifa 13

Options
  • 31-12-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Have a small problem so looking for some advice.

Basically I cant get into an online match. Anytime I invite someone or try join a game it comes as far as picking a team but no one ever joins the game.

Always says 'opponent lost connection' or 'opponent has left this game' or something to that effect.

Any tips on how to fix it ? I've a vague recollection of having a similar problem with Fifa 10 and it was easily fixed, just cant remember how. Might have been something to with router settings or something ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Damien360

Carra23 wrote: »
    Have a small problem so looking for some advice.

Basically I cant get into an online match. Anytime I invite someone or try join a game it comes as far as picking a team but no one ever joins the game.

Always says 'opponent lost connection' or 'opponent has left this game' or something to that effect.

Any tips on how to fix it ? I've a vague recollection of having a similar problem with Fifa 10 and it was easily fixed, just cant remember how. Might have been something to with router settings or something ?

You need to put your ps3 in the DMZ on router. I have the same issue but I can get online for one game only and then it kicks me. My PS3 is not in DMZ so I have given up on FIFA online. No issues with Black ops 2 or battlefield 3 online whatsoever so likely a combination of fifa servers and your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Your Nat is probably set to strict, fifa won't let you online with it. The only way would be to set it to open or moderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Damien360 wrote: »
    You need to put your ps3 in the DMZ on router. I have the same issue but I can get online for one game only and then it kicks me. My PS3 is not in DMZ so I have given up on FIFA online. No issues with Black ops 2 or battlefield 3 online whatsoever so likely a combination of fifa servers and your router.

Cheers for the reply. What is DMZ ?

King Krib wrote: »
    Your Nat is probably set to strict, fifa won't let you online with it. The only way would be to set it to open or moderate.

Nice one for the reply. I'm brutal with this sort of stuff, how do ye open or moderate NAT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Cheers for the reply. What is DMZ ?

Nice one for the reply. I'm brutal with this sort of stuff, how do ye open or moderate NAT ?
    I use my phone as my wifi hot spot so I just change the apn setting on it which does the trick. On a modem you may need to change firewall settings or open ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

What router do you have?

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    What router do you have?

Motorola got it off Eircom

You will need to find a manual for your router and add the following ports. Its been a while since I was with eircom so I cannot remember the screens. The image below is for FIFA12 but likely same ports need to be opened.

[IMG][/img]fifa12settings_zps14b8e4b7.jpg

You will need to find a manual for your router and add the following ports. Its been a while since I was with eircom so I cannot remember the screens. The image below is for FIFA12 but likely same ports need to be opened.

[IMG][/img]fifa12settings_zps14b8e4b7.jpg

Nice one Damien. Dont know why I bother anyway cos I'm f*ckin crap at the game, bloody whipping boy !

If I cant figure out how to open those ports, is turning off the firewall while playing Fifa an easier option ?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Having a similar problem. When I start fifa 13 it automatically connects to ea servers and when I scroll over to "online modes" on the main menu screen, on the top left hand side it says "firewall status - Moderate". But after about 10 or 15 mins I get disconnected. My Nat type is type 2. Do I need to open ports on my router or should my current set up be ok ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had some terrible connection issue lately, realized it was my QOS on the router so I edited it a bit and the whole things working well now.

Have a look at any QOS settings on your router.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Had some terrible connection issue lately, realized it was my QOS on the router so I edited it a bit and the whole things working well now.

Have a look at any QOS settings on your router.

Hate to be a ball buster but what should I do to the QOS settings ?

I've opened ports as suggested a few posts back and tried playing with firewall completely off but no joy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hate to be a ball buster but what should I do to the QOS settings ?

I've opened ports as suggested a few posts back and tried playing with firewall completely off but no joy yet

The QOS settings are Quality of service, It makes sure things that need speed and low pings get dealt with first such as games and video while file transfers and web pages get thought last and have a lower available bandwidth to use.

My QOS had 443 listed as low due to it being used for file transfer generally on PC and not a priority but the PS3 uses it too. My router was actively giving me lag, I added in all the same ports that the PS3 and a few games needed and gave them Highest priority.

So just edit your QOS to include every port that you've already opened and give them the highest priority.

Varik wrote: »
    The QOS settings are Quality of service, It makes sure things that need speed and low pings get dealt with first such as games and video while file transfers and web pages get thought last and have a lower available bandwidth to use.

My QOS had 443 listed as low due to it being used for file transfer generally on PC and not a priority but the PS3 uses it too. My router was actively giving me lag, I added in all the same ports that the PS3 and a few games needed and gave them Highest priority.

So just edit your QOS to include every port that you've already opened and give them the highest priority.

Varik you'll have to excuse my retardedness but I don't even know how to change the QOS settings on my router. You sound like your giving great advice but it would be even greater if you show me how to implement your good advice !

QoS service is in the configure/advanced section of your router. page 135 of link discusses it. I would make sure ports are opened, uPnP is enabled (its a checkbox) before messing with QoS.

Your manual

http://www.broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/netopia/UserGuideV742.pdf

QoS service is in the configure/advanced section of your router. page 135 of link discusses it. I would make sure ports are opened, uPnP is enabled (its a checkbox) before messing with QoS.

Your manual

http://www.broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/netopia/UserGuideV742.pdf

Nice one for that

Advertisement