Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CW51 (may contain spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

yep, great it's not geo locked, crap i'm in work though :(

Main event next, come on Conor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Some great match ups and good fights. Not going 100% the way i wanted though. Hopefully Conor can do the biz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

what can i say, what a showman, some display by conor mcgregor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, that performance from Conor was as close to perfection as you can get.

Surely only a matter of time now before the UFC comes a knocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Delighted Conor got the win after seeing SBG put on the back foot all night. Some sweet fights earlier on in the night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jitz

Great show, McGregor take a bow. Absolute beast, undoubtedly the best featherweight in Europe and probably a top 5 lightweight as well. God help his first opponent in the UFC he will be so fired up and have such self belief it would take a truck to put him away. Irish MMA on the rise by the week...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

McGregor was sensational. Thrilled for him!

536138_10152394415325089_1136140163_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Wow what can i say, that was probably the most entertaining card ive ever seen. The prelims were worthy of main event status on any other Irish show. Jesse Taylor put in a dominant performance over Chris Fields to win the Middleweight title and then Conor Mcgregor brought the magic again. That man is an artist in every sense of the word. Those of you who decided against going to this event missed out on a hell of a night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Absoloutley awesome show. Irish MMA is looking great, Roddy and Redmond was heading for fotn until that toe hold , the technical level from
    Both was superb.
    What can you say about mcgregor? Personally I think the man will be a UFC champion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah McGregor was class but yer man was useless, never even tried to output anything even in a vain attempt. The Audley Harrison of MMA in that fight he was. Hill at least tried against McGregor.

Also that one against Aisling Daly was freakishly strong. As lance would say 'not normal'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

Unbelievable just gets better every fight. There isn't a featherweight or lightweight in Europe at the moment that could touch Conor . I think it's time for the Big fights. Honestly think he would go through most featherweights in the UFC at the moment and he's still learning. Future UFC champ. Dana pick up the phone:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

Yeah McGregor was class but yer man was useless, never even tried to output anything even in a vain attempt. The Audley Harrison of MMA in that fight he was.

i know it was so obvious it was gonna be a cakewalk from the second they announced mcgregor would be fightin a guy with twice as many fights and wins as him and at a heavier weight ? would still like to see him fight against a ufc vet before he moves on , but i doubt there'll be too many takers for that after that display

Well said Kieran there's always one though. Bunchinger is a very very good fighter, stopped only once before, unfortunately he came up against a guy destined to be a UFC champion, miles ahead of everyone. If you think there was something fishy about Dalys opponent ur off ur head, she's a wrestler, and guess what she out wrestled daly, there's a shock

Kieran81 wrote: »

i know it was so obvious it was gonna be a cakewalk from the second they announced mcgregor would be fightin a guy with twice as many fights and wins as him and at a heavier weight ? would still like to see him fight against a ufc vet before he moves on , but i doubt there'll be too many takers for that after that display

Mc Gregor would easily easily fit into the ufc as a top player especially with improvement and more experience to come. But you have to call a spade a spade and say Bunchinger was muck last nite.

Because he was made to look muck, mcgregor now needs much tougher fights

Mc Gregor would easily easily fit into the ufc as a top player especially with improvement and more experience to come. But you have to call a spade a spade and say Bunchinger was muck last nite.

Because he was made to look muck, mcgregor now needs much tougher fights

I would agree with this if he at least tried to throw some output down(like Hill did), get into a grapple have a kick at the air. That said your comment here could be spot on, im no expert im just calling it as i see it.

That was a much better mcgregor then the one that fought hill.

I would agree with this if he at least tried to throw some output down(like Hill did), get into a grapple have a kick at the air. That said your comment here could be spot on, im no expert im just calling it as i see it.

That was a much better mcgregor then the one that fought hill.

Yeah that's true, he definitely came on a lot from the last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

People forget Buchinger was 21-3 before this fight and was only stopped once in Russia (His other two losses were against guys now in the UFC).

It was just a very dominant performance by McGregor and one that put him truly on the world stage. Credit to everyone else on the card as there was some great performances throughout the card too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mcgregor was great, not his fault that the opponent was a walking punch bag-the lad totally bottled it-he could have swung with hope, tried a few shots or anything

It's a mark of Conor's intimidation that is good for a top fighter, Tyson had same affect on his opponents pre buster Douglas too.

Either way, Well done Conor, UFC is on the way.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'd say Conor will be in the UFC very soon. The whole world is taking notice now, and Joe Rogan just tweeted him to say congratulations and he hopes to see him in the UFC soon.
    Big things heading his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

Brilliant card and great night of fights.

McGregor was brilliant. He is a serious talent. As someone said earlier he has come on shed loads since the Hill fight and hes not done yet. He seems to be developing a maturity that may not have been there previously. I would love to see him hit the UFC. Think he would be a serious contender in time.

On the other fights.

Have seen Paul Redmond fight a few times now and I love watching him fight. He has some great skills and that was a sick submission.

Felt bad for Chris Fields, think he got caught in that choke a bit too easy for his own liking. Just goes to show how a small mistake at that level can cost you.

The Finnish girl was just too strong for Ais. Dont think there was much else she could of done.

Great KO by Henry Fadipe. Theres a fighter who is turning his career around.

Mulpeter/ Quinn fight was great. Thought Phil was unlucky with the result but could see how it went against him.

I have to say though I didnt think much of either of the 2 French fighters. Too much show for very little action. Both got the results they deserved.

Well Done Cage Warriors. Cant wait for next show

Untitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 smiley2742

Amazing!!!! Everything I thought it would be.. Even though I had to watch it fight by fight in oz. delighted for Conor! A force to be reckoned with.. Look forward to seeing him hold the irish flag in Mandalay bay..... HIGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fordy1208

was the finnish girl a weight class lower or higher than ash? i know it was a catchweight of 120 but didn't know who went up an who went down for the fight.

Finnish girl went up

• Advertisement
Advertisement