Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming predictions for 2013

• 01-01-2013 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So, as we are an hour away from the new year, what's everyone's gaming predictions for 2013? Mine are

- Xbox 3 first unveiled at a 'special' Microsoft show before E3.

- Alan Wake 2, PGR 5, Fable 4, Kinect Sports 3 and some new first party IP's are among the games shown off

- PS4 shown off at E3 13 - Uncharted 4 and Killzone 4 are among the games shown off

- Fallout 4 gets announced and is due for release Fall 2013

- Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six, Star Wars 1313, Battlefield 4 and Grid 2 (and many others) confirmed as next gen games

- WiiU secures another fairly big name third party exclusive which will be announced at E3, and is backed up with solid first party support.

- GTA V's story disappoints but most gamers love the game because of the mission and large scale city

- Ubisoft acquire rights to a lot THQ's IP's and franchises.

- EA Sports announce that they've aqquired the rights to the WWE license.

- The last of us ends up being Game of the year

- Sony finally price drop the vita, and announce some good games, including another uncharted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

vostok announce that survarium was a massive troll and they've really been working on stalker 2 all along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I predict I will not be able to afford a next gen console at launch :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Black and White 3. If I win the lotto that is. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We will hear 2 unsubstantiated rumors about Half Life 3, that will be re-tweeted 27 million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

calex71 wrote: »
    I predict I will not be able to afford a next gen console at launch :(

I suppose affording something is relative but I can't see PS4 being as dear as PS3 €600. Sony have stated that they made pricing mistakes with the console. I'm guessing a base model starting at a price of €450 rising up to €550. I think the PS4 will release late Sept/Oct in Japan, Nov in US and Nov/Dec in Europe. A repeat of March in Europe would be a huge mistake. Also disagree with OP's on GTA V thoughts. If anything the story imo will stand out above other games providing a social commentary on life today. But we will just have to wait. All in all I think this year will have be the best from the PS3 point of view. This tends to happen in the year of the new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God I want Half Life 3 to be confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Vicxas wrote: »
    God I want Half Life 3 to be confirmed

We've been waiting more than 5 years for half life 3.... doubt we'll hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Some good stuff there apart from the last of us as game of the year, you honestly think a nex gen launch title like watchdogs or 1313 isnt gonna take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Overheal wrote: »
    We will hear 2 unsubstantiated rumors about Half Life 3, that will be re-tweeted 27 million times.

*tweets*

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

No next gen console launch or unveiling in 2013.

GTA V to become the fast selling game of all time.

Sony will start throwing millions at making Gaikai the Netflix of gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

GTA V will utterly destroy sales records in the media industry.

Along with that will come the ol' "GTA is corrupting America's youths" train into town with wild stats, FOX News on propaganda overdrive, inbalanced TV debates that favours the opinion of a random mother over gamers and people working in the industry.............having never being questioned why she lets her kids play these games since she's the one who funds their hobby..........

Half-Life 3 will be announced and the internet will melt...................nah, it won't be announced :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

There's not a hope of seeing a next gen console in 2013. Possible announcement at best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Valve to announce half life 3. But then realease a press statement almost straight after saying that what the meant was they are realeasing the steam box.

Followed swiftly by laughter and that the steam box has been delayed :pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    There's not a hope of seeing a next gen console in 2013. Possible announcement at best!

EVERYTHING is pointing to MS having theirs out by christmas, Sony arent looking so hot though

http://kotaku.com/5968211/reality-check-theres-a-strong-chance-well-have-a-ps4-and-xbox-720-a-year-from-now?tag=orbis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'll buy about 20ish games and finish 6, there may be a new FIFA too....
    Seriously I expect a proper Smash Bros reveal and a 2013 launch, a new Zelda for the 3DS. A Xbox 720 with a GTA V re-release at launch if it hadn't already been delayed. Oh and a bomb of games to release and need a patch due to being broken at launch. Give us word on a Arkham City sequel too.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'll buy about 20ish games and finish 6, there may be a new FIFA too....
    Seriously I expect a proper Smash Bros reveal and a 2013 launch, a new Zelda for the 3DS. A Xbox 720 with a GTA V re-release at launch if it hadn't already been delayed. Oh and a bomb of games to release and need a patch due to being broken at launch. Give us word on a Arkham City sequel too.

No way will rockstar do a re-release for the next-gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there may be a new fifa? does a bear **** in the woods. EA aren't going to stop that cash cow anytime soon, new console looming or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

theirs no hope of a next gen console being released this year :L
    so dont get your hopes up people
    possible an anouncment
    thats about it
    and a prototype model
    their is no way they would have one ready for release , possible only for show
    we'll be lucky to see one in 2014 let alone this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

there may be a new fifa? does a bear **** in the woods. EA aren't going to stop that cash cow anytime soon, new console looming or not.

I think he meant he may buy the the new Fifa rather than there may be a new one released.

I can't believe people think there will be a next gen console release this year, even 2014 is unlikely imo. The very earliest I'd expect is Nov 2014 with 2015 a lot more probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Another Call of Duty game will be released...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Battlefield 4 to launch on both current and next gen consoles.

Respawn to announce a futuristic, halo-esque type shooter for next gen systems.

saiint wrote: »
    theirs no hope of a next gen console being released this year :L
    so dont get your hopes up people
    possible an anouncment
    thats about it
    and a prototype model
    their is no way they would have one ready for release , possible only for show
    we'll be lucky to see one in 2014 let alone this year

Why exactly? i see people saying this but give absolutely no reasons to back it up, while the gaming press who usually have a bit of inside knowledge that they arent allowed talk about seem pretty certain

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Both PS4 and Xbox 720 to be out by October and be very close in specs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

VinLieger wrote: »
    Why exactly? i see people saying this but give absolutely no reasons to back it up, while the gaming press who usually have a bit of inside knowledge that they arent allowed talk about seem pretty certain

its common sense to be honest

sony said when they released ps3 said their hopes of a ps4 wont be until 2018 since the technology is not their.

nothing said about xbox

il find the quote of it, now i expect it to be out before 2018 since times change and so do peoples ideas but seriously if you think they will be out this year
    your living a dream :pac: they will probably announce it but thats about it , especially since their are still new games being announced for this current gen console for the whole of 2013 their would be no point in releasing a new gen console this year since every game this year would be for this gen

and no company has mentioned creating a game for the next gen , which is also another factor altogether in releasing a next gen console this year
    they would have to announce it first
    and give it a date of at least a year for a release so game companys will actually start creating games for the next gen console

if it is released this yeaar
    i will personally buy you a next gen console of your choice:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Whatever about a PS4 before Christmas, I'd be shocked if the new xbox wasn't out. Microsoft aren't even really working on any 1st party 360 games anymore.

There's also pressure from publishers to release them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

sony said when they released ps3 said their hopes of a ps4 wont be until 2018 since the technology is not their.

nothing said about xbox

il find the quote of it, now i expect it to be out before 2018 since times change and so do peoples ideas but seriously if you think they will be out this year
    your living a dream :pac: they will probably announce it but thats about it , especially since their are still new games being announced for this current gen console for the whole of 2013 their would be no point in releasing a new gen console this year since every game this year would be for this gen

and no company has mentioned creating a game for the next gen , which is also another factor altogether in releasing a next gen console this year
    and give it a date of at least a year for a release so game companys will actually start creating games for the next gen console

Pretty much every major developer is working on next gen titles, the dev kits have been with them for quite a while now.

Both new consoles will be out within the next 18 months most likely this summer.

nothing said about xbox

Ill take you up on that :) as there is no question that at least the new xbox will be out for christmas, devkits have been with developers for a while and were you asleep for E3 last year and completely missed Watchdogs and Star Wars 1313?
    Of course no company has talked about creating a game for a console that hasnt even been announced, you think developers wait till a console is announced before they start making games for them? They are part of the process and MS and Sony will have been consulting them the whole time, especially after the mess sony made of the development process for the PS3
    This cycle of consoles has been the longest in history, the machines are OLD and its starting to show with new games like Farcry 3 being basically a different game on PC than consoles.
    Wake up and smell the roses as your living in a dreamland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

nothing said about xbox

MS announced the 360 six months before release. no reason that wont happen again

that 2018 date is horse sh*t thats when they'll stop support of the ps3
    the ps2 support stopped about a week ago.

the 360 and PS3 dont have the tech in them to make it to 2014 not to mind 2015(360) and 2018 (PS3)

Square-Enix and Epic are both making next gen games right now and Developers already have the expected release dates for each console

as regards games this year its always more profitable for a dev to release on the largest platforms.

ie. GTA V will launch on 360/ps3 with a install base of ~140 million. If they delay to 720/PS4 they'll have a max install base of about 6 million. Easy to see which will make them more money

Next launches are always first party games and ****.

MS will announce it at their own show in may or at e3 and sony will follow suit because they cant afford to let Microsoft get a head start

Sony are in deep trouble and need to do alot better next gen because they're broke and the vita is a flop for the most part

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I dont care who launches what , I'm pretty sure I wont be buying a new console in 2013.
    Witness the frustration of the 3ds,vita and WiiU launches

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Half Life 3 will be bundled with the new Steam box, resulting in Steam console being sold out everywhere and the world will inevitably implode as a result.

Advertisement