Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming predictions for 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

NTMK wrote: »
    that 2018 date is horse sh*t thats when they'll stop support of the ps3 the ps2 support stopped about a week ago.

They said 10 years which would make it 2016, the Ps2 is shipping being made and sold but it's no longer shipping to Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I can only predict League of Legends will become the undisputed king of E-Sports throughout 2013, smashing records left right and centre for viewer numbers.

Riot are also enticing proffesional teams to come and setup here, so I am predicting a showcase event, or Riot run event, in Dublin, in 2013.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol already is the undisputed king of esports, in the same way that michael bay is the undisputed king of cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think we'll definitely see new xbox. And possibly a halo 5 teaser to go with it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

We might see new console next year on holiday season or 2014 spring. Dunno if I will buy it though. I can't believe I had enough Nintendo resistance to stay the feck away from wii U. I am so glad I did now. So I will try to stay away from new consoles as I can't see anything they will offer more over my PC. I have already an inch of dust on Xbox and ps3 :(.

Game wise:

Bioshock will be great great game, but it won't be noticed by majority of people, because its not system shock 2 or call of duty.

GTA 5, will murder 5 innocent people on release date. The shelfs with games will fall on 5 unlucky people and mark it as re most violent game in the history of gaming.

BF4 will be awesome, but people will still moan it's not BF2.

Call of duty will break another record of best selling fast food in the world.

Game journalist on their websites will be putting new sections with signs: "insert your rubbish game and a generous fee to review it and give awesome score"

Minecraft new patch will bring in baseball bats and new mobs called "night butterfly".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,064 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

saiint wrote: »

if it is released this yeaar
    i will personally buy you a next gen console of your choice:pac:

HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Looking very likely you are going to be owing someone a console, unless you are a filthy liar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

- Microsoft avoids mistakes from XBox360, wants uptrending/hipster physical media format for XBox720 games. Chooses 12 inch Vinyl.

- In the spirit of Gran Turismo 5, Launch-day Sony titles to include remake of Advanced Lawnmower Simulator.

- Bestselling Nintendo accessory for WiiU to be a dustcover that guarantees protection against attic insulation.

- Ubisoft to abandon invasive annoying DRM.

Sorry, the last one was obviously a joke.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Bioshock will be great great game, but it won't be noticed by majority of people, because its not system shock 2 or call of duty.
    You know the first Bioshock sold really well. I would not consider it an ignored game. System Shock 2 on the other hand was a flop sales wise.
    animaal wrote:
    Ubisoft to abandon invasive annoying DRM.

Emmm they already did?
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/05/ubisoft-scrapping-always-on-drm-for-pc-games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Half Life 3 will be bundled with the new Steam box, resulting in Steam console being sold out everywhere and the world will inevitably implode as a result.

Even though I know you're joking, this post still made me excited then happy and finally, sad at the reality.

okayguy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Azza wrote: »

Sure, they said sorry and they're removing the worst parts of it. They're still selling games with annoying DRM though ("3rd-party DRM: Solidshield Tages SAS 3 machine activation limit").

As somebody who got burnt buying Silent Hunter 5, I'll admit to being too cynical about their future intentions :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement