Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 21 Match Day Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm posting this here for posterity. It's my highest ever ranking. I know Chelsea and Suarez are gonna combine to knock me way back tomorrow so I want to get this in while I can.

510c782dc663e7342b5c080626cdb649.png?1357077959

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

66 with cuellar, mata, sterling and suarez to play. hoping for 0-0 after 61 minutes, cuellar to be taken off before suarez scores a hat trick, all assisted by sterling.

kacaniklic is my third sub :(
    More points if Sterling gets the hat trick assisted by Suarez!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

52 so far with Torres & Cuellar to play,was happy that the guy 18 points ahead of me only scored 11 but when I checked his team,he has 30 points coming off the bench with captain Suarez,Skrtel,Cole & Pienaar still to play.He has managed to fluke high scores lately despite having not touched his team in ages,he doesn't even have a 'keeper this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'm posting this here for posterity. It's my highest ever ranking. I know Chelsea and Suarez are gonna combine to knock me way back tomorrow so I want to get this in while I can.

510c782dc663e7342b5c080626cdb649.png?1357077959

Same here am at my highest ever rank 1854 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I was well happy with 54 points until I came on here and saw what all you got. Can't believe some of the scores.
    I have Sterling, Suarez, Ba, Mata and Cuellar left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just watching MOTD, Michu was so unlucky not to score today. The second time he hit the post was a sexual piece of individual skill.

Edit: Go to 1.15 in this video:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/swansea-2-aston-villa-2/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

705 in the world and I can actually enjoy Suarez and Mata play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I went up in the overall rankings but down in the Boards leagues, which is what you expect when Boards is the 5th best league in the world (the equivalent of the French league!). Successful b@stards, the lot of ye :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

381 in the world with a few left to play tomorrow. Think that's my highest ever ranking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

G1032 wrote: »
    I was well happy with 54 points until I came on here and saw what all you got. Can't believe some of the scores.

Meh, I find I never post a sh*t score, most people seem to only post their scores when they have a good week!

54 is very good, way above average, and you still have 5 to play!

I got 59 (64 once puncheon comes in), but only have 2 to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

1631 with 4 to play tomorrow (including Mata and Suarez) so I'm really hoping I can get very close to 1000 tomorrow night. Us Boardsies are taking over!!!!!1

Edit - my points tally for the week is 65, not 1631. If only. 1631 is my ranking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Meh, I find I never post a sh*t score, most people seem to only post their scores when they have a good week!

54 is very good, way above average, and you still have 5 to play!

I got 59 (64 once puncheon comes in), but only have 2 to play.
    Agreed. Thats a seriously good score from six players. I'm on 52 with Ba and Fellaini still to play. Delighted with it though after the horror that was GW 20:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »

54 is a great score. I've finished on 50 with Mata, Suarez, Cuellar and Torres still to play and I'm delighted.

That's moved me up 10k places to 53k in the world.

It shows the high level this year that 3 good gameweeks has seen me moved from 173k in the world to 53k.

The scores are very tight and I'm hoping to kick on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

68 with Cuellar and Moses to play.

i've already played my wildcard to take advantage of price rises as well as ultimately sort out my defence.

presently 27th in the world.

unless Moses goes nuts tomorrow and the Liverpool/Sunderland game ends 0-0, i expect that to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

77 points. Quite delightful. My Gibbs transfer didn't work out but ya'll have that.

RVP is incredible. If anyone can do well without him then they deserve to be applauded.

I've had him only two gameweeks, where I captained him twice and he scored his hattrick for 15 points and 2 the next week:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/885557/event-history/21/

although honestly i feel i could've done way better than this. this is my second year at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

75, only Ba left though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Have ye seen the next gameweek by any chance? Horrible fixtures, really hard to call 'em. Best rack up the points this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Have ye seen the next gameweek by any chance? Horrible fixtures, really hard to call 'em. Best rack up the points this week!

I foresee Clint Dempsey ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

59 points with Ivanovic, Fellaini and Torres to play. Delighted with that especially after a really crap score last week.

Took a 4 point hit this week:
    Baines - O Brien
    Toure - Fellaini
    Duff - Walcott

Worked out nicely. :D

q2ice wrote: »
    59 points with Ivanovic, Fellaini and Torres to play. Delighted with that especially after a really crap score last week.

Took a 4 point hit this week:
    Baines - O Brien
    Toure - Fellaini
    Duff - Walcott

Worked out nicely. :D

Why would you take a hit to get in Fellaini when he wasn't playing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

jolim24601 wrote: »
    I foresee Clint Dempsey ftw

Yeah, or Berba perhaps? Tricky all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Why would you take a hit to get in Fellaini when he wasn't playing?

He's playing tomorrow.

irish son wrote: »
    He's playing tomorrow.

I'm away with the fairies.

You almost gave me a heart attack, I brought him back in this week and I thought I got his return off by a gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

45 with Mata, Fellaini and Ba to play.

Still cant catch a break. So so frustrated. Michu hits both posts, puts Routledge clear and he misses. Only RvP scored points for me. Spurs concede to the worst team in the league, Defoe has done sweet fa since I've brought him in and Arsenal stink the place out again. Apart from Walcott of course, who I dont have.

Then to top it off, my rival has O'Brien as his first sub coming in coz Mertesacker didnt play. Fed up.

60 with Suarez, Mata and Fellaini left to play, Captain RVP, Hernandez and Walcott doing the business for me. I thought I was doing great until I came on here and everyone seems to have got big scores, still happy with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

40 with Suarez, Ba, Mata, Fellaini and Cuellar to go. Heres hoping for some goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I probably got one of the worst scores so far, 45 points with just Torres and Fletcher to play tonight. If Mata, Fellaini, Suarez or Ba do well I'm pretty f**ked, will be very lucky to still be in the top 5k after this week.

I've dropped over 50 points on my rivals over the last few weeks, wildcard used last night to stop the rot. Could really do with Torres scoring tonight, need the points and need him to rise in value so I can sell him for a profit.

Do the business Nando...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

45 with Ba, Fellaini, Sterling, Mata and Ceullar to play. Hoping for Ba, Fellaini & Mata to score, Sterling to score/assist and Ceullar to assist. Wishful thinking eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A Torres hat-trick tonight would be nice.
    Keeping Berbatov was a lucky move as i intended to take him out but i went on the beer instead :D

Just realised im in the top 100 in the boards league, which i also noticed is doing well overall.

• Advertisement

What are the chances of RVP losing his assist, and Walcott being awarded the goal for his free kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭slingerz

i'd love that RoryC im on 27 points because i didnt captain RVP! Have captain Torres, Suarez and Fellani to come tonight so lets hope for 3 hattricks from them but especially from Torres!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

slingerz wrote: »
    i'd love that RoryC im on 27 points because i didnt captain RVP! Have captain Torres, Suarez and Fellani to come tonight so lets hope for 3 hattricks from them but especially from Torres!!

a hattrick from ivanovic would be nice aswell or if he got the hattrick of assists to torres's goals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I probably got one of the worst scores so far, 45 points with just Torres and Fletcher to play tonight. If Mata, Fellaini, Suarez or Ba do well I'm pretty f**ked, will be very lucky to still be in the top 5k after this week.

I've dropped over 50 points on my rivals over the last few weeks, wildcard used last night to stop the rot. Could really do with Torres scoring tonight, need the points and need him to rise in value so I can sell him for a profit.

Do the business Nando...

I got 41! Only have 9 players scoring pts this week and only 3 to play tonight. Usually would be about an average week but looks decidedly below average for this week

Going to need Mata and Torres to score about 9 goals between them...

I hate this game when it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

52 with luiz ,fellaini, mata, sessegnon, to play.
    Is it good ?

Going to need Mata and Torres to score about 9 goals between them...

I hate this game when it goes wrong.

Mata isn't playing tonight, he will be rested.
    Suarez to get sent off.
    Ba to get injured in the warm up.
    Fellaini to get a yellow card and finish on 1 point.
    Torres to score a hat-trick.
    Fletcher to score twice.

Even if all the above happens, I will still end the week with red arrows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I kick the sh1t out of all of you.

I have 10 points so far, from 6 players! Good times.

Fizman wrote: »
    I kick the sh1t out of all of you.

I have 10 points so far, from 6 players! Good times.

What is your team like? No offence but that's a horrible score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What is your team like? No offence but that's a horrible score.

Before this GW I had a respectable 1039 points. Obviously I'm hoping for my big hitters to deliver tonight.

Jussi (2)
    Cuellar, Bassong (1), Shawcross(1)
    Caz (2), Michu (2), Mata (capt), Pienaar
    Defoe (2), Suarez, Ba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Most of the scores people have popsted here are way, way above the average of 31, assume ye've all captained Van Persie and he's come up trumps again, extraordinary how many people claimed to have captained Walcott last week and didn't this week, he was playing Southampton.

I'm on 53 with captain Suarez, Mata and Sterling to play, if someone doesn't play I'll have Puncheon to come in with 5.
    Just shows the difference a big scoring captain can make, I have O'Brien, Berbatov, Walcott and Van Persie all giving me decent scores but I'll only have an alright week unless Suarez scores tonight

Fizman wrote: »
    Before this GW I had a respectable 1039 points. Obviously I'm hoping for my big hitters to deliver tonight.

Jussi (2)
    Cuellar, Bassong (1), Shawcross(1)
    Caz (2), Michu (2), Mata (capt), Pienaar
    Defoe (2), Suarez, Ba

I see your problem. You forgot RVP

What are the chances of RVP losing his assist, and Walcott being awarded the goal for his free kick?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone?

At a guess, likely, and slim

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

65 points with Suarez, Johnson, Mata & Tarabbt to play, but 8pt hit to be taken. RVP (c), O'Brien main contributers - Michu annoyed me though as Cup rival doesn't have him.

Main wish is for Mata to play as he was the reason for the hit, along with Enrique's injury. A Suarez inspired Liverpool win to nil and plenty of goals @Chelsea will do nicely.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    At a guess, likely, and slim

Why do you think the Walcott one is slim? I've only seen it live but it looked like it was goal bound so surely should go down as his goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Why do you think the Walcott one is slim? I've only seen it live but it looked like it was goal bound so surely should go down as his goal?

So was Danny Simpsons shot against United which Evans put into his own net A few weeks back . That went down as an OG

Maybe the ball changing direction so much has something to do with it .

Just realised my score this week was my best all season. Previous best was 71. I've only managed to get 70+ twice. Everything else is a mixture of 50s and 60s. No need for massive scores. Consistently above average will have you shooting up the rankings.

don't get me wrong i'd love him to get the goal, he's my captain after all, but i just don't see it happening. we can hope. first of all, it was a cross, not a shot, and secondly it's not like the ball was fizzed at the defender and he couldn't help it, the defender had time, and diverted it into his own net, wrongfooting the keeper in the process. i hope, but don't expect, it to be changed to Theo's goal

Just realised my score this week was my best all season. Previous best was 71. I've only managed to get 70+ twice. Everything else is a mixture of 50s and 60s. No need for massive scores. Consistently above average will have you shooting up the rankings.

that's it. 4 totals of 70 or more in the last 6 gw's has seen my rise very nicely, obviously the Walcott captain last week contributed in a major part to that, but you need a rub of the green at times, god knows the game can p*ss you off at the best of times. so take the rough with the smooth, and as you say, look to score consistently above the average

• Advertisement
Advertisement