Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

F1ngers wrote: »
    Actually, Shaw will come in for Skrtel if he plays tomorrow, hopefully he will have a big game.

I was thinking you'd be a lot happier sitting on a clean sheet and possibly a bit extra considering how many different Liverpool players scored extra yesterday, suppose you've got the unknown with Shaw, still it looks like I have about a 20 point cushion going into the rest of the games, if Clyne has a clean sheet that means nothing for Fellaini, as I said I'd be annoyed to lose from here.

59 to me versus 61 to the hobbit of the shire. S/he has azp... that chelsea defender to come on in, I have 4 more to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm on 64. Opponent is on 34 so should be through.

The missus is on 54. FutureGuy is on 67. Both have Walcott and Demel to play. The missus also has Fellaini and Sagna so she needs 14 from those two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'm 77 to 49 down, congrats to yeatscounty on getting through. great shout getting joe cole in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'm 77 to 49 down, congrats to yeatscounty on getting through. great shout getting joe cole in.

I'm still wary, I remember Cazorla's masterclass a few weeks back completely erasing a 20+ point lead I'd gained in my league. If Fellaini goes nuts tomorrow, it could be game on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

2j5eur6.png

My tie against So Paddy Got Up couldn't be tighter. I wasn't helped by Luiz's injury. However, with Harte comming in for 2 I believe I'm left hoping for a score >1 from Jussi against Arsenal to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

OwlsZat wrote: »
    2j5eur6.png

My tie against So Paddy Got Up couldn't be tighter. I wasn't helped by Luiz's injury. However, with Harte comming in for 2 I believe I'm left hoping for a score >1 from Jussi against Arsenal to go through.

lol sounds like you got the better deal there bud.

jolim24601 wrote: »
    lol sounds like you got the better deal there bud.

I did?

It's pretty much a coin flip with Jussi scoring 1 or better imo. Which I feel a little bit harshly treated with if I'm honest.

If Luiz hadn't been injuried it's probable he would have continued in midfield and then there wouldn't be a discussion. I avoided Ba during his introduction at Chelsea to avoid the 15-20 minute cameos he was invariably going to get as he establishs himself as No1 while Torres has his feelings protected by his old pal Rafa.

I also dumped Shawcross a few weeks back, cashing in with a tricky run of fixtures. Naughton has served me well, and a Cameron v Naughton head-to-head would have seen me win tie on any of the last 5 weeks, I just benched him this week considering he had Man U. Goal wise again Stoke have started conceeding as have West Ham so the goalie is a bit of a non debate.

All in all if I had seen the teams before the game week started I would have been quitely confident, now not the case. Ironically I had two free transfers this week which I played before I sized up my opponent earlier. I swapped Luiz for Azpilicueta and upgraded Berbatov to Ba, as I'm fully expecting him to start v Reading. Anyway gas how close our teams are. Regardless of the result I'd have a fantasy beer with my opponent any day since we are on a similar wavelength. Although If I did I'd probably give him a good ribbing about still clinging to two Stoke at the back.

:pac:.....

I did?

It's pretty much a coin flip with Jussi scoring 1 or better imo. Which I feel a little bit harshly treated with if I'm honest.

If Luiz hadn't been injuried it's probable he would have continued in midfield and then there wouldn't be a discussion. I avoided Ba during his introduction at Chelsea to avoid the 15-20 minute cameos he was invariably going to get as he establishs himself as No1 while Torres has his feelings protected by his old pal Rafa.

I also dumped Shawcross a few weeks back, cashing in with a tricky run of fixtures. Naughton has served me well, and a Cameron v Naughton head-to-head would have seen me win tie on any of the last 5 weeks, I just benched him this week considering he had Man U. Goal wise again Stoke have started conceeding as have West Ham so the goalie is a bit of a non debate.

All in all if I had seen the teams before the game week started I would have been quitely confident, now not the case. Ironically I had two free transfers this week which I played before I sized up my opponent earlier. I swapped Luiz for Azpilicueta and upgraded Berbatov to Ba, as I'm fully expecting him to start v Reading. Anyway gas how close our teams are. Regardless of the result I'd have a fantasy beer with my opponent any day since we are on a similar wavelength. Although If I did I'd probably give him a good ribbing about still clinging to two Stoke at the back.

:pac:.....

blah blah jussi will make more than a few saves you'll be FINE

im a tad bit more worried cause my opponent has cazorla, c. cole, and sagna but i have walcott and baines so i could be very fine if walcott pulls through like he should.

• Advertisement

I'd be pretty happy with anyone that has Carzola against Walcott. Wishere getting forward more often has seen Santi sitting a little deeper. Obviously you will want to avoid a set piece. Sagna also took a knock today and didn't look massivley comfortable, so a start for Jenkinson could be a possibility. Presume Chamakh can't play against his parent club meaning C. Cole will probably start though.

lol it's funny because walcott just scores the same goal every time. so reliable ;)

Just noticed FutureGuy took a four point hit so the missus needs 11 from Sagna and Fellaini and not 14 to go through.

Game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Dónal wrote: »
    59 to me versus 61 to the hobbit of the shire. S/he has azp... that chelsea defender to come on in, I have 4 more to play.

Clyne, Walcott (c), Gibbs, Demel Vs Fellaini, Santi & Demel and a 3 point lead... It'll need to be an Everton miracle to save me I think :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm 63-53 ahead.

She has Fellaini, Clyne, Wacott (c), Demel and Sagna to play again.
    I have just Walcott (c) and Demel

Very tight. Really depends on Fellaini tonight. If he scores, that'll be that. Fully expect to go out but it's already more fun than the actual cup competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

2j5eur6.png

Yep. Looks like your through and I'm out!! Arsenal will need to dish out a good beating to West Ham. Not going to happen. I would have liked to have gone a bit farther but if 72 points in the GW so far isn't enough then there is not much I can do about that. Well done.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm 63-53 ahead.

She has Fellaini, Clyne, Wacott (c), Demel and Sagna to play again.
    I have just Walcott (c) and Demel

Very tight. Really depends on Fellaini tonight. If he scores, that'll be that. Fully expect to go out but it's already more fun than the actual cup competition!

Yep, it definitely is. Next year I might get the help of Joe (the script is great) and manual man and try organise a huge CL type group format competition from game week 5 or 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

CSF wrote: »
    Howya Rory, nice to meet you. Up against another top 50 boardsie. ****e!!! Seed that **** to set up some glamorous tv ties for the latter stages!!!

Think you have this one. 5 points clear with:

You: Fellaini, Walcott, Sagna and O'Brien
    Me: Walcott, Gibbs, Demel

I think need Walcott to score at least 6 points more against WH than Fellaini does tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »

Think you have this one. 5 points clear with:

You: Fellaini, Walcott, Sagna and O'Brien
    Me: Walcott, Gibbs, Demel

I think need Walcott to score at least 6 points more against WH than Fellaini does tonight.
    Walcott isn't my captain so you could nearly scratch him off my list and just look at him for you as a normal scoring player. I have Jussi too btw, maybe you put Walcott down in error instead of him?

But yeah I think if Fellaini makes any kind of contribution to tonight's game ill be in a very strong position. If not, you're only really asking for a goal from Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

CSF wrote: »
    Walcott isn't my captain so you could nearly scratch him off my list and just look at him for you as a normal scoring player. I have Jussi too btw, maybe you put Walcott down in error instead of him?

But yeah I think if Fellaini makes any kind of contribution to tonight's game ill be in a very strong position. If not, you're only really asking for a goal from Theo.

Ahh didn't see Jussi, that nearly nails it for you!

I did see Walcott is my captain, hence the fact that I need him to score 6 more than Fellaini. You can now say I need him to score 6 more than Fellaini + Jussi!

A goal from Theo will almost definitely not be enough. Perhaps if its a 1-0 win and he gets the 3 BP's I might get close, but even this would likely be a draw. Sagna/O'Brien and Gibbs/Demel will likely cancel each other out, and if Fellaini and Jussi both got a 2, which is unlikely, then I would need a minimum of 9 from Walcott. You're about 90% to go through mate :)

Although tbh I expect to draw with you and go out on goals scored, like the FF Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭slingerz

how can i check how i did in this cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

slingerz wrote: »
    how can i check how i did in this cup?

http://joehyland.ie/fsa/

roryc wrote: »

Ahh didn't see Jussi, that nearly nails it for you!

I did see Walcott is my captain, hence the fact that I need him to score 6 more than Fellaini. You can now say I need him to score 6 more than Fellaini + Jussi!

A goal from Theo will almost definitely not be enough. Perhaps if its a 1-0 win and he gets the 3 BP's I might get close, but even this would likely be a draw. Sagna/O'Brien and Gibbs/Demel will likely cancel each other out, and if Fellaini and Jussi both got a 2, which is unlikely, then I would need a minimum of 9 from Walcott. You're about 90% to go through mate :)

Although tbh I expect to draw with you and go out on goals scored, like the FF Cup
    Think we almost certainly draw if it gos to goals scored, goals conceded might get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Pokerking, I bow out.

My downfall was leaving a 10 point Davies on the bench :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    iusedtolikebusts(71276) v fizman(739535)

Super, against the lad who just scored 102 in the last GW. Even though you're 167k positions ahead of me globally, the squads are even/similar enough. Differences being:

Me.......iusedtolikebusts

Lloris................Szczesny
    Cameron...........Luiz
    Davies.............Williamson
    Harte...............Clyne
    Michu..............Fellaini
    Suarez.............Ba
    Berbatov..........Sturridge

Have a nice 20 point lead. A hat-trick for Fellaini is needed by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fizman wrote: »
    Have a nice 20 point lead. A hat-trick for Fellaini is needed by the looks of it.

ye looks like u have it in the bag barring a miracle .well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I was thinking you'd be a lot happier sitting on a clean sheet and possibly a bit extra considering how many different Liverpool players scored extra yesterday, suppose you've got the unknown with Shaw, still it looks like I have about a 20 point cushion going into the rest of the games, if Clyne has a clean sheet that means nothing for Fellaini, as I said I'd be annoyed to lose from here.

Good luck in the next round.
    12 10 points is too much to make up. Needed Shaw to score/assist to have a shout going into the wednesday game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That's me out as Fellaini is expected to get 2 bps so that puts Lemlins missus 1 ahead which means she is through unless Sagna gets -1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Will be needing something special from Wilshere to get through in the cup

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That's me out as Fellaini is expected to get 2 bps so that puts Lemlins missus 1 ahead which means she is through unless Sagna gets -1!
    Where is it you're finding the PPI expectations?

Advertisement