Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This forum has an incredibly high standard. Can't believe there are players scoring over 90 and still going out. My 82 seems insignificant in comparison to some of the top scores this week. Well done to dahat and everyone else who made it through the first round proper, I'll be back next year hopefully!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just checked and I see that I beat Lemlin's missus 89-88!!!

Haha in your face Lemlins missus. No way I'm going out to a girl lololo....

Oh wait, I took a 4 point it...

ggs :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Needed Sagna or Noble to do something last night, not to be but no shame losing to Mr Nice Guy. BOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »

I told you those points hits would be the death of you. You should have listened to your old pal Rory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Well done Aquals, solid 9 point win. I was bang on average for the week with 85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Well done Aquals, solid 9 point win. I was bang on average for the week with 85.

Thanks Easy Rod! You had me worried with your three DGW players, compared to my one, so I do feel fortunate to have squeezed past. Best of luck in the other cup! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I told you those points hits would be the death of you. You should have listened to your old pal Rory

Quiet peasant! I don't mingle with riff-raffs scoring less than 1400.

Funnily enough, I'd have scored the very same score had I not taken the points hit :pac: Expected Chelsea and Luiz to condede, but he didn't even play and so Clyne would have come in. Otherwise, would have been up points for the point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman beat me by 10 pts no complaints. Was good to see neither of us made a short term move of bringing in an arsenal attacker for one week to give an edge. Hope you go on and win it nice to be knocked out by the winner and all that.

Cheers mate. I'd be very much against making specific moves for cup games. Better off picking a team to suit your season, and if you progress in cups it's well and good. Although it has to be said, this format of the cup definitely adds to the whole FF game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

91 and out of the cup in the first week. Wilshere didnt do enough in the end:o

EDIT: I also blame Dzeko for that horrible miss at the end of the city game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Fizman wrote: »
    It just would have given you an indication of how you might have gotten on, but to make you feel better about missing out, you can assume you would have been knocked out, seeing as the average was a crazy 85! :p

Standard was ridiculous this week alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Reckon I'm through. Don't think my opponent had Poldi which should put a bit of daylight between us.

Congrats El Horseboxo.... Thought i had you before the start of yesterdays game but poldi really racked up the points for you. Hope you do well in the rest of the cup. Shorty....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »

It's a proud day for the house with both of us progressing :D

I'm already training up our 3 year old to be ready for next year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's a proud day for the house with both of us progressing :D

I'm already training up our 3 year old to be ready for next year :D

I wonder could Manual Man rig the second round draw.............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Through by a point with 95. The unexpected jammy 2bp for Nastastic were the difference imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

When can we expect the draw for round 2? I say do it early and we'll have a nice bit of banter, only jolim really cranking it up so far, we're far too nice around here!

dahat wrote: »

I'm a bit tired of beating RoryC to be honest, bring on some new blood :D

dahat wrote: »

Cup should have had a cut-off, like the FF one. IMO only open to players in the top 50,000. Anyone outside that isn't exactly taking the game seriously... Shouldn't be letting these clowns worm their way in!

Cup should have had a cut-off, like the FF one. IMO only open to players in the top 50,000. Anyone outside that isn't exactly taking the game seriously... Shouldn't be letting these clowns worm their way in!

Lucky I'm at 47k but its a bit harsh labelling anyone that uses the forum and is below 50k a "clown".

I'd also point you back to last season when you told me not to comment on your team at one stage because I was below you.

As I said then, the season was far from over and was proven correct when I passed you.

I'd forget your delusions of grandeur and learn a bit of humility, there's plenty of time for people to move in and out of the top 50k.

Edit: and nobody quoted my post. Strange you seemed to know about it when I'm on "ignore". If you're going to claim something, at least have the sense to play along with it.

I can't see what you wrote but I can only assume it's in reply to me... far too easy to get you to bite.

I can't see what you wrote but I can only assume it's in reply to me... far too easy to get you to bite.

Course you can't see. Did you ever hear the saying "Doth protest too much"?

And far too easy to end these quarrels with you by the way.

Like I've said, 5 out of 7 seasons we're playing the game I've beaten you, including the past couple of seasons. Come back to me when you've improved your performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah, right... You clearly have no idea what the cup is about. There is a reason the official one has over 2m players, and there is a reason Bradford city found their way to Wembley.

Jaysus lad it was a joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't sound like one to me, put a smiley at the end next time or something...
    We are very serious about this game, you know:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Getting the draw with team IDs like last week would make life easy for putting into the script, if possible! ;)

J o e wrote: »
    Getting the draw with team IDs like last week would make life easy for putting into the script, if possible! ;)

That script you did was top notch in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Through by a point with 95. The unexpected jammy 2bp for Nastastic were the difference imo!

WP, best of luck in the competition. Tough beat to go out with 94 points but the joys of the cup!

Interesting how closely matched our teams are in the overall game also, think only a handful of points between

Best of luck in the rest of the comp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done to mm and Joe as someone mentioned earlier would be great to have a CL group stage format next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Congrats El Horseboxo.... Thought i had you before the start of yesterdays game but poldi really racked up the points for you. Hope you do well in the rest of the cup. Shorty....

Thanks. I thought you had me before last nights game too. Didn't expect Poldi to be that involved at all. Can't believe I was hoping he wouldn't play as he might get less than 60. Wanted to get Puncheons 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

keane2097 wrote: »
    Needed Sagna or Noble to do something last night, not to be but no shame losing to Mr Nice Guy. BOL.

Cheers man. It was a close one in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

KevIRL wrote: »
    WP, best of luck in the competition. Tough beat to go out with 94 points but the joys of the cup!

Interesting how closely matched our teams are in the overall game also, think only a handful of points between

Best of luck in the rest of the comp

Cheers!

Just checked there, you're four points ahead of me overall. I don't think there'll be a more closely matched draw than that :pac:

Advertisement