Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Cup

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shíte totally forgot about this...

two ton scores this week with weetabix and pokerking. impressive stuff

semi-final draw:

pokerking(44232) vs local chap(130423)
    weetabix(891659) vs aquals(2217670)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Good luck weetabix! Here's hoping you don't get another 100 score this week! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Aquals wrote: »
    Good luck weetabix! Here's hoping you don't get another 100 score this week! :)

Same to you, can see it being fairly close, no chance of another 100 week, will be lucky to get in the 50's or 60's this week I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Good luck local chap, think its going to be another close one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

POKERKING wrote: »
    Good luck local chap, think its going to be another close one.

Good luck to you too pokerking. I'm not feeling too confident with only 10 players available to me, but with our teams fairly similar captain choice will be really important

• Advertisement

35 v 32 with bale left for me and no one left for local chap so assuming bale doesn't do something silly I'm through to the final!

Looks like it could be me against you in the final, 28-28 at the moment, we both have bale left but he is my captain. I also could have Demel if he plays so as long as they do nothing stupid I should be through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

35 v 32 with bale left for me and no one left for local chap so assuming bale doesn't do something silly I'm through to the final!

Well done pokerking,even if Bale gets sent off your still safely through,it was fun while it lasted! Best of luck in the final

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Well done pokerking,even if Bale gets sent off your still safely through,it was fun while it lasted! Best of luck in the final

Thanks man, best of luck for rest of the season.

Weetabix wrote: »
    Looks like it could be me against you in the final, 28-28 at the moment, we both have bale left but he is my captain. I also could have Demel if he plays so as long as they do nothing stupid I should be through.

We have practically the same team, transfers and captain key for this!

I hope there's a trophy for this :D:D

• Advertisement

We have practically the same team, transfers and captain key for this!

I hope there's a trophy for this :D:D

I think it's the first time I have met someone higher ranked then me! Just looking at the teams there and it's all about captain choice, should be a tight match.

I think Lemlin is last years champion so someone had better make sure they get the cup back from him before the weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think it's the first time I have met someone higher ranked then me! Just looking at the teams there and it's all about captain choice, should be a tight match.

I think Lemlin is last years champion so someone had better make sure they get the cup back from him before the weekend!!

I'm not sure yas will want it lads, I've been dangling my balls in it a la Alan Nestor with the Sigerson Cup all year!

So Pokering looks like it's bale v suarez captain for the title, best of luck.....may the best team win ( so long as it's me!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Wow, cup final weekend, good luck to the pair of ye, any chance of it going down to the wire on Monday night?

So Pokering looks like it's bale v suarez captain for the title, best of luck.....may the best team win ( so long as it's me!!)

Very very tight so far as expected, I've got a few points from my defence which is big but it's essentialy going to be Suarez versus bale for the cup. I badly need Suarez to produce in the main ff cup too or I'm out so pressure is on!!

Clichy on Monday night could make or break it too and as a city fan that doesn't sit well with me!

Very very tight so far as expected, I've got a few points from my defence which is big but it's essentialy going to be Suarez versus bale for the cup. I badly need Suarez to produce in the main ff cup too or I'm out so pressure is on!!

Clichy on Monday night could make or break it too and as a city fan that doesn't sit well with me!

Your home and hosed, well done, as a pool fan i cant really complain!! Only a Clichy and Bale hat trick can save me now!

Well done Pokerking....easy win in the end, 67-80, better captain choice and stronger defence won it for you.

Well done Pokerking....easy win in the end, 67-80, better captain choice and stronger defence won it for you.

Thanks man, you were unlucky, our teams were very similar and despite my defence doing well id still take yours on paper over mine i just got a bit lucky with mine. Suarez as captain against bale as captain scraped it for me in the end i think.

I dont think i have ever won anything in my life so delighted to have won!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Well done lad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Well done Pokerking!!

• Advertisement

Well done Pokerking.

The standard on here is very high so you did well to win the cup.

And thanks again to Manual Man and Joe for running the cup and the script respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well done Pokerking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Congratulations Pokerking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Well done Pokerking. Great to win this. At least I can say I was beaten by the eventual winner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

G1032 wrote: »
    Well done Pokerking. Great to win this. At least I can say I was beaten by the eventual winner!!

Cool, that means I was beaten by the guy who was beaten by the eventual winner, can't remember who I beat in round 1 but I hope he takes comfort from this also:pac:

Congrats to PokerKing. Some standard of scoring in this. I can safely say i won't be running this next year. Thanks all for your participation :D

manual_man wrote: »
    Congrats to PokerKing. Some standard of scoring in this. I can safely say i won't be running this next year. Thanks all for your participation :D

Well if I can rope you and Joe in to help my thinking is I could organise a large Champions League style group format cup from gw6 or so.

Start with groups of 4 so everyone gets 3 GWs out of it.

Then knockout stages.

Lemlin wrote: »

Well if I can rope you and Joe in to help my thinking is I could organise a large Champions League style group format cup from gw6 or so.

Start with groups of 4 so everyone gets 3 GWs out of it.

Then knockout stages.

Could be done. But you might be looking at 32 groups!

Advertisement