Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll give it a shot I guess.

Id 255728

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My missus has a team--yeah right,second team under assumed name!!!

Sure i have 3 teams of sorts on the hop,can i enter them under my missus name too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭slingerz

148297 thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »

Sure i have 3 teams of sorts on the hop,can i enter them under my missus name too?

Well we'll know when we go to check the team id ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

460945 thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My missus does actually have a team. Check her history. She has entered one each year for her work league. This year she's Lakeview Wanderers and is in top 50 of the FSA League.

She doesn't watch football and generally messes on her iPhone when I do but she takes advice from me, her father and two colleagues in work.

She also uses stats and assures me another foolproof method is just to check what players the top teams have and bring them in.

She actually makes the game look quite easy because she has quite a few points this year and the only Premier League player I can safely say she'd know is Balotelli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

305323, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

156141 game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Lads great stuff with all the entries, one thing though... i'm thinking it might be better to start it a bit later, one dgw (and possibly two), and some wildcards in play and some not, i'm thinking the fairest thing might be to wait til gw25 (dgw's out of the way, wildcards out of the way)

yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    Lads great stuff with all the entries, one thing though... i'm thinking it might be better to start it a bit later, one dgw (and possibly two), and some wildcards in play and some not, i'm thinking the fairest thing might be to wait til gw25 (dgw's out of the way, wildcards out of the way)

yay or nay?

Sure that is the nature of Fantasy Football,why change it?

yay or nay?

I say yay to waiting until wildcards are out of the way. That said, I'm delaying using mine so would say that. I'm sure the people using their's now will say to work away and start now.

IMO, if we are to go straight ahead, there are plenty of weeks left so we could start off with Champions League style groups of four with matches over the next three gameweeks and then into a knock out. Could take alot of admin though.

Would definitely extend the cup and keep people involved for more than a week. Even if we have 64 teams starting off, a knock out competition will only last six weeks and half the people will be gone after week one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

cheers

Sure that is the nature of Fantasy Football,why change it?

Just throwing it up for discussion. If i get more people saying they'd prefer to wait, i'll wait... if not, we'll start it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just throwing it up for discussion. If i get more people saying they'd prefer to wait, i'll wait... if not, we'll start it straight away

I reckon you just go on ahead with it! As Lemlin has said those who are holding onto their wc will prefer to wait and those who have already activated theirs will want to go ahead... it was said it would start from GW22 so no point changing it?

I do like the idea of a group stage if its not going to cause too much hassle though! Nice to have something else to stretch it out a bit!

The standard is quite high among the forum so should be interesting!

I reckon you just go on ahead with it! As Lemlin has said those who are holding onto their wc will prefer to wait and those who have already activated theirs will want to go ahead... it was said it would start from GW22 so no point changing it?

I do like the idea of a group stage if its not going to cause too much hassle though! Nice to have something else to stretch it out a bit!

The standard is quite high among the forum so should be interesting!

Stretching it out will also eliminate most of the wildcard problem because, from when the competition could start, over that and the following 2 gameweeks most will have played their wildcards.

What gameweek does the wildcard run until? I haven't bothered looking because I've no interest in it yet.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Stretching it out will also eliminate most of the wildcard problem because, from when the competition could start, over that and the following 2 gameweeks most will have played their wildcards.

What gameweek does the wildcard run until? I haven't bothered looking because I've no interest in it yet.

Exactly my thinking!

has to be used by GW25 iirc!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

GW 25 and champions league group stage be most exciting....easy for us to say its you who does all the work ha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Would love a bash if there's room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Waiting a few weeks would suit me fine, but I entered with the understanding we'd be starting straight away. A group stage would also be cool, but it involves plenty of work. Unless you've got a handy piece of software/slave, I'm happy for you to proceed as originally planned, m_m.

So this IS starting this weekend then??? ...or not??

So this IS starting this weekend then??? ...or not??

will start this weekend. i'll do a count of the entries tomorrow and figure out how to format it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ah balls, was set up for DGW next wk nothing this wk so hope its league format so can discount this wk ha

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ah balls, was set up for DGW next wk nothing this wk so hope its league format so can discount this wk ha

may well do a group stage format. will figure it out tomorrow. as it is my eyes are closing and i fear i may misspeel something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

may well do a group stage format. will figure it out tomorrow. as it is my eyes are closing and i fear i may misspeel something

Well even if ya have to delay until after this weekend, a group format would be great.

No need to rush it though. Plenty of gameweeks left.

ok guys i'm gonna have to cut off entry soon so anyone left who wants in post your team id thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I haven't done anything like this before, will the details be on our FF page or will it be conducted through here?
    Thanks again m-m.

Advertisement