Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email won't work on iPad.

• 01-01-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Hope someone can help me .. Got a new iPad yesterday and when setting it up it asked me to enter my apple id , I have an iPhone so I did. Strangely though it won't let me get into my gmail .. I can use my apple Id for everything else no problem but not my emails. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

hawkelady wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hope someone can help me .. Got a new iPad yesterday and when setting it up it asked me to enter my apple id , I have an iPhone so I did. Strangely though it won't let me get into my gmail .. I can use my apple Id for everything else no problem but not my emails. What am I doing wrong??

You should not be using apple details at all when setiing up an email account as far as i am aware . I only enter email username and password. H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Cheers h but it asks for my apple id ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Go to Settings -> Mail, and then select Add Account. Choose Gmail from the list and enter your gmail account details.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Go to Settings -> Mail, and then select Add Account. Choose Gmail from the list and enter your gmail account details.

Hi there , thanks for your post , I just did what you said and it tells me my gmail acc is already configured .. So when I try and get into my emails via iPad it comes up cannot get mail as username or password for gmail is incorrect .. I've been trying for ages now so I'm sure it's correct also I have no issues logging in via my iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Go to Settings -> Mail, into the gmail account and put in your gmail password

• Advertisement

Maybe I've killed all my brain cells last night ... Cause even when I do what you folks are telling me , it stil won't let me access my email.. It's telling me the username or password is incorrect!!!
    I know for a fact it's not though.
    I might delete what I have done and start again ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

I sometimes have this problem too, but it seems very intermittent. I get a pop up telling me my info is wrong (even though its not!). It seems more frequent for calendars than mail for me, but does occur in both. So if you find the solution I'd love to hear as I have wracked my brains and trawled the net and still haven't solved my problem! I can live with the mail, but I never know if my calendar is up to date or not which is very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

make sure the outgoing settings are correct aswell, try deleting the account and add it again

Tried again and still the same , nada.
    What are the outgoing settings meant to be.. A little annoyed now that I have a new iPad and can't check my gmail on it :(

Would plugging it into my PC make any difference ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just delete the email account and set up up again, failing that download the gmail app and use that to check your emails

Advertisement